• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feeling like Charlie Brown

G

Ok I take the game as it is good or bad but dammit I have been in Doom since the changes and as of this moment I havent got diddly squat,
I know that the Dread God RNG is supposed to award his followers but I also thought that we had a point system you know kill some many get a prize well where is my prize I dont care what it is just something
*climbs down off his newly exceptional crafted soapbox*

G

What char type do you use and how long do you stay (how many rounds) and how many other people are there when you are?

G

I use a legendary bard/ mage and usally go 4 or 5 rounds sometimes more if enough peps show but lately about 6 peps at anyone time

G

How often do you go?
If you get looting rights to everything you should get something maybe once every 3 or 4 trips.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I take the game as it is good or bad but dammit I have been in Doom since the changes and as of this moment I havent got diddly squat,
I know that the Dread God RNG is supposed to award his followers but I also thought that we had a point system you know kill some many get a prize well where is my prize I dont care what it is just something
*climbs down off his newly exceptional crafted soapbox*

[/ QUOTE ]

they should make it so if you did damage, you get points. Even if it's crap. They should (in some way) reward the people that pay subscriptions who can't play 1/100th as much as the scripters.

UO can *never* be an item based game. They may as well forget it, fix it, and drive on.

G

Yeah, i've been using a Macer/Paladin in Doom too and haven't been getting them that often since they lowered the points each Doom Boss gives. Can spend about an hour and a half to two and a half hours before i get one, and i'm doing high end damage. Usually about 4-6 other people in there when i'm in Doom. Been trying to get a Jackal's Collar for some of my Warriors, but no luck. Can't even find anyone who would trade me one for my Spirit of the Totem.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, i've been using a Macer/Paladin in Doom too and haven't been getting them that often since they lowered the points each Doom Boss gives. Can spend about an hour and a half to two and a half hours before i get one, and i'm doing high end damage. Usually about 4-6 other people in there when i'm in Doom. Been trying to get a Jackal's Collar for some of my Warriors, but no luck. Can't even find anyone who would trade me one for my Spirit of the Totem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highest Damage = Template of the day.

If you play a reasonable template with a fair change, you'll be left in the dust.

G

I use a Macer with 120.0 Macing/110.0 Tact/GM Anat/GM Healing/GM Focus/110.0 Resist/80.0 Chiv, wear a LMC/MR/Resist suit on him with decent HCI/good DCI. Between Enemy of One, Consecrate Wep, i'm doing pretty good damage to the Bosses. Use Exiler on the Bosses weak to Demon Slayer, and to Dispel Revs. Use a Silver-Etched Mace with Undead Slayer/28% Stam Leech/15% SSI/38% Dam Inc and 100% Fire Damage for the Bosses weak to Undead Slayer. Use Con Wep with my Dragon Nunchakus on the Flesh Renderer, 30s damage a hit, hit every 1.25 Secs and Fireball goes off alot with it's 50% Fireball, dealing another 10 damage. Not bad for a Paladin char.

G

lately been hitting it everyday for a couple of hours like today, I work for the local board of ed and we got a snow day so I saddled up and spent about 5 hours there cant remember how many rounds and not a thing dropped

G

Best way to do it is get a mage/necro/spellweaver and a demon slayer spellbook.

I only have 12% SDI on my mage/necro/weaver and when I corpse skin and fire off flame strikes I hit for around 150-160 if you use arcane empowerment with a decent level focus 3 to 6 your hitting for 220+ if a bard discords it you hit for 250-270 very easy to make top damagers list with this type of char in doom. But you MUST have the demon slayer spellbook to cause that kind of damage.

If all you have is necro/mage and a demon slayer book with corps skin and flame strike you will make top damagers every time and pull artifacts once every 2 hours tops some times once an hour depending on the amount of people in doom.

G

well think I will fire up an acct with my pally/bush archer I have an old school juka bow with deamon /ele that should help

E

eolsunder1

Yea the best for doom are melee characters or tamers. (archers also).

mages don't do well because of the constant need to mana, plus against the DF you basically need protection on or each time you cast a spell on it the bones damage you, disrupting your casting. Ev's dont' do much against any of the gauntlet boss's other than being distractions.

So, best to have warriors xhealing each other. you can take down the foes very fast and get good damage. Tamers are ok also. But I found that mages with needing mana and needing protection vs bone throwing, etc aren't the greatest choices.

I

imported_Hanna

From my experience so far since the changes - based purely on skills
(excludes bard as I don't have a bard)

Best chances to worst chances
1) Pali, Bushido, Melee
2) Pali, Bushido, Archer
3) Pali, Melee
4) Pali, Archer
5) Bushido, Melee
6) Bushido, Archer (slow but consistant drops)
7) Eval Mage w/slayer spellbook (slow but consistant drops)
8) Tamer, w/ anypet (very slow but consistant drops)
5) Melee (likely to recieve hardly any)
6) Archer (likely to recieve hardly any)
9) Eval Mage (likely to recieve hardly any)
10) Mage (unlikely to recieve any)

Note: bushido only does worse than pali because it's hard to get honor on the bosses.

G

That list is so untrue.

All I have used is a mage, and I got about 40 artifacts since the changes hit, and I only went for like a week and a half, two max casually.

I

imported_xStrikerx

<blockquote><hr>

mages don't do well because of the constant need to mana, plus against the DF you basically need protection on or each time you cast a spell on it the bones damage you, disrupting your casting. Ev's dont' do much against any of the gauntlet boss's other than being distractions.

So, best to have warriors xhealing each other. you can take down the foes very fast and get good damage. Tamers are ok also. But I found that mages with needing mana and needing protection vs bone throwing, etc aren't the greatest choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Necro mages should never have any problems with mana and you just have to time spells in between the bones.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Necro/Mage, Demon slayer and wraith form.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

That list is so untrue.

All I have used is a mage, and I got about 40 artifacts since the changes hit, and I only went for like a week and a half, two max casually.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not untrue, it's my experiences with the guantlet. My tamer gets them 5-6 times slower than melee. My mage gets them about 3 times slower. And thats an evel mage with slayer spellbooks

E

eolsunder1

I'm not saying that mages can't get them, just that they get them alot slower. Ive been playing a spellweaving mage, and my spells vs most of the boss's range about 20-30 using slayer books. Against the DF fireballs do about 40-50.

Room 1, 2, 3, 4 fireballs.
Room 5, harms
DF.. fireballs.

And ive played a weapon character (paladin/bushido) and my mage does damage alot slower than the weapons character. My archer can easily equal the mage damage, also shooting every 1.25 seconds.

The only benefit I see on my mage is I can get that ending WOD that works wonders doing 300+ damage, that adds in a nice ending bonus. Ev's and earth elementals are just for distraction, they don't damage nothing in there well. They are great for taking care of the DF spawn (corpses, etc) but do nothing vs the boss's.

U

uo addict

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not saying that mages can't get them, just that they get them alot slower. Ive been playing a spellweaving mage, and my spells vs most of the boss's range about 20-30 using slayer books. Against the DF fireballs do about 40-50.

[/ QUOTE ]

My uber-equipped SDI mage with slayer books averages as follows:
<ul>
[*]FS against DF 165-173
[*]FS against Creeper 92
[*]FS against fleshrenderer 60
[*]FS against impaler 94
[*]Ebolt against shadow knight 90 (one EV will get you looting rights)
[*]Earthquake against abysmals 100 damage on each monster
[/list]

Don't forget that while a warrior is fighting one monster a mage can be getting looting rights on several.

Against the DF I do two mana dumps with a demon book which will get me rights. I then switch to undead and cast meteor showers to help with the spawn. In between cutting bones and ressing the warriors of course. I switch to Word of Death when he is close to death.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

From my experience so far since the changes - based purely on skills
(excludes bard as I don't have a bard)

Best chances to worst chances
1) Pali, Bushido, Melee
2) Pali, Bushido, Archer
3) Pali, Melee
4) Pali, Archer
5) Bushido, Melee
6) Bushido, Archer (slow but consistant drops)
7) Eval Mage w/slayer spellbook (slow but consistant drops)
8) Tamer, w/ anypet (very slow but consistant drops)
5) Melee (likely to recieve hardly any)
6) Archer (likely to recieve hardly any)
9) Eval Mage (likely to recieve hardly any)
10) Mage (unlikely to recieve any)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also add Palli/Archer/Tamer and put it in the top 3 range.

E

eolsunder1

Well using flamestrikes is not good vs the foes because you can use fireballs..

fireballs do more damage over time. fireballs use much less mana than flamestrikes. Fireballs tend to not draw the DF (maybe other boss's) to your character since the boss's like to switch targets based on the damage being done to them. Doing less damage but faster keeps them from re-targetting to you compared to a high damage flamestrike.

So, fireballs are faster, do more damage over same time frame, way less mana, and don't draw the boss's onto you as much.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, no love for mages, eh? I totally disagree. I play a mage/bard in doom. I sign into Doom for about 1.5 hours per day and always get a drop, every day! If you have necro, you can go into wraith form which completely eliminates your need to worry about your mana pool. On a necro mage, you can corpse skin, exp/flamestrike till the cows come home without running outta mana. Secondly, NO! you do not need to have protection on! It's all about timing your spells. Why would you spam e-bolt (for example) when you know Daddy is gonna throw bones at you? Wait till his bones do their tick on you (about 1 second, which also happens to be the time you'd have to wait to recast ebolt with protection on!) and then cast again without getting interrupted! My arsenal includes discordance, demon/undead slayer books, 40lmc/12mr, provoking the occasional lich or rottie and typically running with a 5 or better focus for spellweaving. Lure, discord, ebolt, ebolt, ebolt, provoke, ebolt, ebolt, mini heal, mini heal, provoke, ebolt, ebolt, word of death, firehorn for the win! Done deal. I went to doom on Sunday morning, left last night with 8 arties in my pack.