• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Feeding plague beasts...

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming the code for this is still active?

I haven't done it in years, but I'm wondering if it's still worth it. Do they get any good loot, or the same useless base loot they always have, with some metal chests mixed in?

F

Fingers of Cats

man I was never good at feeding them... and I never got any good loot that I can remember :(

A

Angel121

After a recent trial I would say feeding them does work, the metal chests are still there with only a few bog things and boglings I trebled the loot compared to the other plague beast I killed for annoying feeding time. The chests had gold in as well.

I got a good bracelet and a pretty nasty axe, 40% damage increase 30ssi dragon slayer executioners axe. so it does look like a pretty good thing to try for.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd think when you stop noticing a boost in their animal lore screen.

Could be wrong though, would take some messing around. I haven't even looked at em in years.

S

Salya Sin

Ok... call me clueless... well... because I am... What are you talking about? Feeding Plague Beasts? How and where and why?

Thanks!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plague beasts eat the corpses of things they kill, and get stronger. As they get stronger, their loot increases as well.

The easiest way to feed them is with provoke, but I think you can do it with the 'summon creature' spell too, if it doesn't dispel them before they die.

Or just send a bonded pet after it over and over, and keep ressing it.

B

Brucie Kibbutz

Plague beasts eat the corpses of things they kill, and get stronger. As they get stronger, their loot increases as well.

The easiest way to feed them is with provoke, but I think you can do it with the 'summon creature' spell too, if it doesn't dispel them before they die.

It's pretty nifty, it gives you a plain "metal chest" which you can't get by any other method, since the paragon ones come named. I had collected some long ago when the plague beasts came out thinking they would be rare. Yet i dumped a whole bag of "green clothing".

You just never know what people are going to buy.

S

Salya Sin

Ohhh... something new to play with. I am working provoke too! YAY ME! I don't know how I managed to miss this particular game mechanic... but... THANKS! I'll take a bash at it...

M

Muu Bin

Summon Creature does work as well - I have lots of metal chests using this method. As an FYI, there are 2 colors of chests as well, a dull gray silver one and the black/ gold ones like the ones you get from fishing.

Parser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That explains the metal chests I sometimes get from the champ spawn area below bedlam. I guess the feed off their own sometimes. I thought the chests were cool as well.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you guys don't know about feeding plague beasts, you should try paralyzing a plague beast lord and using a bladed object on it... =]

No eval required, just cast paralyze.

Y

Yen Sid

If you guys don't know about feeding plague beasts, you should try paralyzing a plague beast lord and using a bladed object on it... =]

No eval required, just cast paralyze.
There is a guide here somewhere ;). I did it to get a few extra points for the last Spring Cleaning :p.

F

Fingers of Cats

OHHH YEAH!!! I remember that now.. you had to cut certain parts at certain times for something... couldn't remember the reward but I wasn't successful :/

N

nukeman8

i use to feed plague beasts loads, great fun until i fed it to much and couldnt kill the bleeding thing :lol: