• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feedback needed: 115 Tactics vs. 120 Tactics

S

Seismic

I am trying to finish my ABC archer and was planning to eventually go 120 Archery/120 Tactics/120 Bushido but I can't and won't afford those for quite awhile :). So in lieu of this, I am going 115 for all, with already purchasing a 115 archery scroll.

Conner mentioned that since tactics damage increases by ten percentage points. 150% at 110, 160% at 120.

So is there ANY benefit to going 115 until I can afford a 120 scroll?

Or should I just buy a 110 Tactics scroll until I can afford a 120 scroll?

Help! Save me some coin if the impact is minimal to nil :lick:

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might want to try out the Warrior Forum. There's alot of good information there.

Regardless, here's my take on Tactics:

First, the best information I've found on Combat can be found at http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

Based on that information, Tactics Damage Bonus = Tactics ÷ 1.6 (Add 6.25% if Tactics >= 100)

So if you were swinging a weapon that did 18-20 damage, then,
100 tactics would increase the damage to 30-33
110 tactics would increase the damage to 31-35
115 tactics would increase the damage to 32-35
120 tactics would increase the damage to 32-36

So I'd say GM is OK for now, since you are only losing 2-3 damage compared to Legendary.

C

Connor_Graham

The information I gave him was based on this:

FORMULA: % of Base Damage that is Dealt= Tactics + 50

I was 10% off, but the difference between GM Tactics and Legendary Tactics is 20% of the base damage. If this formula is still correct, that would give 115 Tactics a 5% increase over 110 Tactics, and 15% over GM.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to hijack your thread, but how are you raising your bushido? I am in the process of building an ABC myself and at this rate (you know EoO, lightning strike and concecrate weapon) my taming and provoke are going to be 120 three times over by the time I GM bushido. What is your trick? I don't mind spamming things for a day.... I must be doing something wrong. archery going up nicely on Ogre lords or rottens.... How do I raise Bushido faster? By the way, with 110 tactics you hardly miss out on any damage points, only difference is the occasional extra high damage hits. Your peak is not as high, but on average I hardly notice a difference... I guess that is to reitterate previous posters.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thav, rather than going with EoO and Consecrate when trying to raise your bushido, just honor and lightning.

C

Connor_Graham

How do I raise Bushido faster?
Go to the Yomatsu Mines. Go past the Dull Copper & Earth eles, past the single Warrior and Earth Ele in the 1st "room", to the 2nd "room" where you will find 2 Warriors. Warriors take a while to kill, and the respawn rate is pretty decent, so by the time you have the second one dead, the first has already respawned. There's literally no time at all that you don't have one Warrior to beat on, so it's non-stop. Make sure to Honor each one, and use a good Stamina Leech/Mana Leech weapon. You'll hit 120 in no time just using LS.