• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed February’s Fishing Challenge Winner is SWEAVER GAL!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SWEAVER GAL has won the February Fishing Challenge! Weaver’s Fairy Salmon, caught on the 16th and weighing in at 159 stones won over the stiff competition by the other two contestents. Congratulations to our winner. SWEAVER’s plaque will be displayed in the reward hall shortly!

SWEAVER, because you were the winner of this month’s contest, you get to choose the fish for March! Here is a link to available rare fish choices. Please choose your reward fish by the 5th of March and either email me ([email protected]), contact me in game, or post your response to a generally read forum.

Thanks to all that participated! Honorable mentions:

• Asherah – 123 stones
  • Hydraken – 34 stones

Continue reading...

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congrats!

That was a hard one to catch!
The heaviest one I caught was also 34 stones like Hydraken's catch. I figured it was too light to submit. Hehe

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Congrats!

That was a hard one to catch!
The heaviest one I caught was also 34 stones like Hydraken's catch. I figured it was too light to submit. Hehe
Hydrake fished for 3 hrs before catching that one, threw his pole away at least once, so when he pull one up at weight only 34 stones he was almost ready to toss it back but then remember it took him three hours to get this one and said "Naw they getting this one" wrapped it in the local news and dropped it at the mail box.

EM Chimaera

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I assumed by the low number of submission that this one was difficult to catch. Hopefully the next one won't be nearly as rough. :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Congratulations Sweaver!!!!

Yep my fisher had trouble catching one there too. did catch a 50 stone

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ya she told me the size and that she was turning it in even though she knew she wouldn't win
*giggles*

Violet Jo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
SWEAVER GAL has won the February Fishing Challenge! Weaver’s Fairy Salmon, caught on the 16th and weighing in at 159 stones won over the stiff competition by the other two contestents. Congratulations to our winner. SWEAVER’s plaque will be displayed in the reward hall shortly!

SWEAVER, because you were the winner of this month’s contest, you get to choose the fish for March! Here is a link to available rare fish choices. Please choose your reward fish by the 5th of March and either email me ([email protected]), contact me in game, or post your response to a generally read forum.

Thanks to all that participated! Honorable mentions:

• Asherah – 123 stones
  • Hydraken – 34 stones

Continue reading...
My other character won how nice, Sweaver Gal is a winner what do I need to do?

Violet Jo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This is Sweaver Gal other character can you tell me what is the next fish for the Month of March will be?

Violet Jo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I understand I get to pick the fish for the month of March... I just went through the list and I pick the King fish
I picked this because they say Lord Black Thorn says he caught one but was never verified.. well not to brag in 2013 Sweaver girl caught 3 it's ashame I can't use the one I already have 193 stones... so good luck everyone I am out to out do my last one. you can find them in Trammel and feluccia deep water that is my hint... sweaver girl!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadow Walker has used 893 bait so far fishing for this tough to catch Kingfish and only caught 2 and neither of them even come close to that giant 193 stone one, Sweaver Girl, He's definitely a hard challenge. The "Trophy" one Shadow caught years ago and has on his wall is only 153 stones so he knows this is a difficult task but he loves a good challenge.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Pass two days while doing SOS, I been trying to catch one, between moving the boat from A - B. For me, it is going to be a matter of luck as I have no bait for that fish

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pass two days while doing SOS, I been trying to catch one, between moving the boat from A - B. For me, it is going to be a matter of luck as I have no bait for that fish
Well, note my post above, bait don't do much for legendary fish, it's only a slight portion of 1% and makes little difference IMO. Shadow Walker uses bait and a bait suit and he is now used up al his 1600 bait and still just 2 funky Kingfish,

I do believe the catchability of this fish has been hacked and I'm afraid that perhaps some bug (intended or unintended) from some publish may have made all Legendary fish nearly uncatchable.
During all this time I have caught just one Blue Marlin and I used to catch at least one of them in a normal order turnin day just sailing between spots and sometimes 2 or 3.

I have caught a lot of Yellowtail Barracuda (more than 1500 fishsteaks) and I shudder every time I get one because I know that catching that one was a chance of catching a Kingfish gone down the old whirlpool.

I guess that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching"