• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feature Request: Animal Lore Log

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi @Pinco!

I have a feature request I hope isn't too daunting. I like to keep pretty good records of animals, including tamed pets, would be tames, or even enemies. Right now I either screenshot the lore window, or manually enter the information into a spreadsheet to track.

Would it be possible to create an "Animal Lore Log" that would copy all the lore window stats into a simple CSV file somewhere? Wouldn't need much, but it would allow me to pull the file into Excel and parse the data a lot easier.

I'd like to see it include:
- Pet Name
- Date/Time Lored
- Stats
- Resists
- Skills (Current/Cap)
- Base Damage
- Barding Difficulty
- Taming Required
- Pet Slots
- Pet Rating

I don't think there would be a need to record damage type and special moves, but if it's just as easy to do, couldn't hurt. Order of items in the CSV wouldn't matter, as long as it was disclosed somewhere so it could be correctly parsed.

This would only write to the file once on each lore, and it would just append to the existing file (or create new if the file doesn't exist).

I'm not sure how resource intensive this may be, so perhaps a toggle in the options to enable the feature as well for those that don't want it.

Let me know what you think and if this is possible.

Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi @Pinco!

I have a feature request I hope isn't too daunting. I like to keep pretty good records of animals, including tamed pets, would be tames, or even enemies. Right now I either screenshot the lore window, or manually enter the information into a spreadsheet to track.

Would it be possible to create an "Animal Lore Log" that would copy all the lore window stats into a simple CSV file somewhere? Wouldn't need much, but it would allow me to pull the file into Excel and parse the data a lot easier.

I'd like to see it include:
- Pet Name
- Date/Time Lored
- Stats
- Resists
- Skills (Current/Cap)
- Base Damage
- Barding Difficulty
- Taming Required
- Pet Slots
- Pet Rating

I don't think there would be a need to record damage type and special moves, but if it's just as easy to do, couldn't hurt. Order of items in the CSV wouldn't matter, as long as it was disclosed somewhere so it could be correctly parsed.

This would only write to the file once on each lore, and it would just append to the existing file (or create new if the file doesn't exist).

I'm not sure how resource intensive this may be, so perhaps a toggle in the options to enable the feature as well for those that don't want it.

Let me know what you think and if this is possible.

Thanks!
The log already exist, just enable it from the animal lore options (top-left in the gump), and it creates a text file (CSV can't be created) :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The log already exist, just enable it from the animal lore options (top-left in the gump), and it creates a text file (CSV can't be created) :)
Well I feel silly now. I go into that menu many times a day for Pet Training, I guess it never clicked with me to try that feature :p

However, when I enable it, I am not seeing the log file anywhere. I assume the file will be placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs", correct? Doesn't look like it's being created.

Edit:
After doing a full client reload, I got this in the logs:
Code:
Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I feel silly now. I go into that menu many times a day for Pet Training, I guess it never clicked with me to try that feature :p

However, when I enable it, I am not seeing the log file anywhere. I assume the file will be placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs", correct? Doesn't look like it's being created.

Edit:
After doing a full client reload, I got this in the logs:
Code:
Source: WinIOError
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\playSound.log' because it is being used by another process.
that error may happen by time to time..., anyway, the log appears in the log folder with a name like: [30-01-2018 18-28-07] grizzly bear.txt
it won't appear as soon as you enable it, but the next time you use animal lore...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
that error may happen by time to time..., anyway, the log appears in the log folder with a name like: [30-01-2018 18-28-07] grizzly bear.txt
it won't appear as soon as you enable it, but the next time you use animal lore...
Yea, doesn't look like it's being created. I tried several pets, and relogged/reloaded the client after enabling the log. This is all I am getting in the logs folder:

logs.JPG

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok, on further testing it appears to not be working on renamed pets. I tried a pet with the default name and it generated the file correctly. Tried a couple named pets and no log file.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, on further testing it appears to not be working on renamed pets. I tried a pet with the default name and it generated the file correctly. Tried a couple named pets and no log file.
it should work now :)