• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite spots (off the beating path)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
post ya favorite spots that you like the best in UO... (especially if it's a hidden entrance area)...

One of my favorites is Pirate's Haven, if you leave Vesper by the most western bridge... head west along the coast to the Vesper Beach... then head west (and a little west by northwest) you will run upon a pentagram in the woods... step on the pentagram and say the word "loot", you will fall into what was known as Pirate's Haven. The whole area is mineable, and it's the best spot in UO to mine... won't say why... wink wink nudge nudge... but will say you need a lot of luck.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice! Found that spot on gl but saying loot does nothing...wonder if it's different on this shard

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Meat... didn't realize if was a shard thing. I logged onto GL and went there and tried every power word I knew... couldn't get in...

Long ago when we all live in Fel and nobody lived anywhere else.... there was a way to sail a ship into Pirate's haven... but it's been so long I can't remember how to do it.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... here is one that will drive you nuts until you learn how to hit the spot. On Buccaneer's Den... From Buccaneer's Bath ( the big build east of the blacksmith shop), follow the river north till it stops... if you stand in front (southside) of the tree at 38 3 S 96 2 E and look southwest there is a fern bush about 3 paces away... walk toward the fern bush slowly and you will fall into the Buc's Den tunnels... the Tunnels run all under Buc's Den.

btw, you can also teleport onto the little island in the River where there river ends... (might help if you stand North of the island before teleporting to island)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another weird one... from Brit bank go across bridge to the south west... go South along coast line you will come to 4 small buildings... go into the building in the North East corner... in the far corner is a flaming head... walk to the flaming head and say "bauble blood", it will take you to a hidden room...

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another weird one... from Brit bank go across bridge to the south west... go South along coast line you will come to 4 small buildings... go into the building in the North East corner... in the far corner is a flaming head... walk to the flaming head and say "bauble blood", it will take you to a hidden room...
Actually, you only need to say 'bauble' :p

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok... for those new to the game I know it's hard to believe, but long ago you couldn't recall into or out of the lost lands (t2a)... (the lost lands was an appendage map/land and was referred to as t2a)... but there are 12 passage ways from Britannia to the lost lands. The most well known of course is from the moonglow mage shop on the north point of the island (65 50'N 133 28'W). If you go to back of mage shop and step on the pentagram and say "recdu" it will teleport you into the mage shop in Papua in the lost lands. Once in Papua there is a pentagram and if you say "recsu" it will take you back to Moonglow. Long ago before LRC suits, this is how you could farm regs... by buying out moonglow mage shop pop thru to t2a and buy out Papua mage shop.
Also... alot of players use the power words in their bank macros even today... I think some don't even know why... hehehe but you would see macros like "bank stable recdu recsu cross guards".

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Along with my last post another way into the lost lands (t2a), if you go to the Yew prison (63 23'N 66 26' W), instead of going into Court of Truth but go along the east wall and head north to the river to the spot of 67 36'N 66 47'W... you can teleport to the island in the river... from the Northern most point of the little island you can teleport onto the prison's island. Once you are on the prison's island follow the walkway wall and walk around the corner and walk underneath the walkway and find your way to 73 8'N 71 22'W and double click the South wall of building... a hidden door will open... inside the hidden room is a pentagram (yeah go figure another pentagram)... if you step onto the pentagram it will teleport you into a tunnel (might need night sight here)... Head north... and you will come to a ladder... go up ladder and you will pop out into UO's Original Lighthouse in t2a. Becareful a Wyvern hangs out here... you can also farm horned leather here by killing the Wyvern, as the one dies another will spawn.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, another passage into the lost lands... from Minoc bank (if you use classic client, it might help to use the alt r map)... but travel north... keep going... keep going .. go east pass the stable... after you pass the stable head north again... it will help to stay west and follow the coast line and head north (careful of the water eles and reapers)... once you reach the mountain there is a cave at 123 24'N 76 0'E... go into cave head north and walk into the farthest north wall.. and you pop out into another tunnel... follow tunnel and you will come to a hole in a wall.. walk thru hole... and you will pop out into t2a. If you head South you will come to a dueling arena from an event from one of the EMs. Can't remember when this was placed, but it's worth checking out. Also a good spot to tame forest ossies and ridable llamas hehehe...

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this is an oldy but goody... from Trinsic West gate (beside Jail).. go out gate and head west... follow wall and river... pass bridge... keep following river... at 111 26'S 23 12' E go into cave and head South... you will pop out into what was known as the hidden valley, keep going South along west side of mountain in the valley there is another cave ... go thru cave and there is a teleporter... it will take you into the basement of the mage shop in the hidden valley. This is another place to buy regs... buy out the regs outside of mage shop in the valley, then go into basement and buy regs from mages in the basement.
Now long ago when we all lived in Fel and nobody lived anywhere else... There was an Evil Mage (RED) that stayed upstairs in the mage shop... it was ok as long and the doors was closed, but if the doors open this evil mage would pop out and do his best to kill you... now remeber long ago the game was skill based and not item based as it is now... in the old days it was really hard to gain skill and if you was low in skill level, an evil mage was no joke.

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw, found some old runes of mine... and they actually still work... hehehe...

I have a rune to the roof of Lord British's Castle (you can no longer teleport ya way to the roof like in the old days)
and... I have a rune to Justice Island... there is an event museum on the island now... ( you can no longer launch ships in Justice lake to sail to island).

If anyone is interested in visiting one of these locations .... ask for "the town drunk" in game...

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Favorite spot of mine is the hidden beach in Iish. I don't remember the directions off the top of my head, but from Chaos Moongate, run down towards the bottom of the ruins. There will be a ruined tower with stairs, up the stairs is two cannons. Clicking on one of the cannons will teleport you to a pretty hidden beach with some coconuts.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Favorite spot of mine is the hidden beach in Iish. I don't remember the directions off the top of my head, but from Chaos Moongate, run down towards the bottom of the ruins. There will be a ruined tower with stairs, up the stairs is two cannons. Clicking on one of the cannons will teleport you to a pretty hidden beach with some coconuts.
Lenmir Anfinmotas