• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite Rideable Spawn Pet

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Looking for input on your favorite rideable spawn pet. Looking to make a new one for myself (would want to use a pet I can ride in and out on). I plan on running behind said pet in wraith form withering.

Post your pet/stats/added skills/magical abilities/special moves or just simply screenshot your favorite pets lore. Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My favorite spawn pet is a basic 5-slot giant beetle with poisoning, AI and RC. All the skills are scrolled to 120 or 115 (depending on the scrolls I had), and STR and HP were raised. I maxed out Base Damage, HP regen and Mana regen as well, and went with 80 resists in everything but cold.

I use the rest of my Tamers' skills for pushing through on spawns where the pet by itself isn't enough to solo, but for many champ bosses, I bring in both my tamers (different accounts), and use both. Though, it typically depends on the level of Fel activity at the time, for the Fel spawns (I mostly do spawns for pinks, low-end PS, T-maps and the occasional other thing outside Fel (Eodon turtle for recipes, Ilshenar champs for paragon chests, and the occasional minor to trash for points)).

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I don't have a rideable that I use but I solo champ spawns with my Poision Breath/FWW Najasaurus quite frequently. You could probably do some sort of Cu build, assuming you are an elf. I did sleeping dragon in Tukono over the weekend, which by the way didn't give me a single 120 scroll or Level 3 mastery primer so don't waste your time on that one. If your pet is tough enough you can solo champ spawns, I mean anyone can solo the Rat spawn. But you'll need some way to keep your pet healed up, I run consume as long as I can keep my pet aggroing everything in sight.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
was trying to change it up from a samp and was hoping the taming advancements would make it a relatively equal adversary but im not getting that vibe.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players did solo spawns and Peerless with Greater Dragons. Any 5 slot rideable pet will complete a spawn if the tamer helps it with magery or any other area damage. A Weaver/Mage/Tamer is easy to use. Players do solo spawns every day. A player on LS did them with her mage/tamer and a Purple Hiryu until she had scrolls for all her pets.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
goal was to hop into wraith for. behind the pet and wither away with ~140sdi and 120ss so i thought the dmg between the 2 of us would be pretty significant

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
goal was to hop into wraith for. behind the pet and wither away with ~140sdi and 120ss so i thought the dmg between the 2 of us would be pretty significant
Yes. I think you could have fun and others here can tell you how your template can synergize with your pet. @PlayerSkillFTW

Fire Beetles 100% fire damage and RC.
Physcical pets include Hiryu, and Giant Beetles.
The rest do mixed damage.

The base build of a 5 slot pet is many times better than a GD.

The pet watches you kill the first levels. You can watch your pet do the last and the Boss.
My Archer/tamer does a lot more damage than the pet does. The pet helps me be able to deal damage without interruption. So you will blast through with the pet. (Tamer speed)

A Beetle with FWW and RC or AI/RC.
Basic AI/Chiv on any other rideable will do the most damage when needed.

taming advancements would make it a relatively equal adversary but im not getting that vibe.
This is the part I was responding to. The Taming Revamp is AWSOME.

Try it. 42 pets are very scroll hungry!

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
thats what i was thinking as well. pet and i kinda tear through 1-3. pet rolls last level i help as i can. heal pet and random castings on boss

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I used to solo spawns pretty frequently. Since you have necro I suggest you use a 5 slot fire beetle with RC and you cast corpse skin on the champ boss to lower fire resist even more, or use a fire drake trained with AI/Chiv.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats what i was thinking as well. pet and i kinda tear through 1-3. pet rolls last level i help as i can. heal pet and random castings on boss
Exactly. Keep the pet under control. The pet AI tends to make them want to switch targets and walk away. It chomps you blast spells. Tritons and Cus are popular because they are tough and heal themselves. But choose the pet type that matches your playstyle.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bring a rideable that matches the champs resists. Tbh I find it easier to solo all the way to boss, the pet AI drives me nuts. Then just have the pet tank it and pound away.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Xris for ur method what template/method do u use to enable solo on a tamer without the use of a pet at level 4? and does that template and method work for all spawns? or are some off limits for the template simply not being strong enough?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Xris for ur method what template/method do u use to enable solo on a tamer without the use of a pet at level 4? and does that template and method work for all spawns? or are some off limits for the template simply not being strong enough?
Necromage tamer with high sdi. It works well at most champs. Obviously I haven't tried it on oaks, or any of the harder champs really. A straight necromage or mystic mage can smash through rat spawn quickly, even at lvl 4. The amount of time I spend chasing and commanding my pet at a champ drove me nuts. They constantly change targets, and sometimes just sit there getting hit. So I do all the heavy lifting till piper spawns then use my pet to tank him. High SDI is the key ingredient.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
that was my plans as well. current suit is 119sdi with slayer scrappers or 144sdi with invasion book. ur giving me hope all is not lost