• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Favorite and Least Favorite Content of 2020

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 2020 was a dumpster fire IRL for so many people - thank God it's finally over! The developers did add some new (as well and old / rehashed content painted a new color) and I was wondering what everybody's favorite and least favorite content of 2020 was, and why.

For me:

Favorite: The content surrounding the virtue tiles. I enjoyed the mini-quests - most were easy, but a couple were time eaters (killing 50 drakes in Destard). A nice mix I feel. I didn't like that the quest was only once per character or that the tiles were shard bound, but I like how they look, and it gave the opportunity for collectors to do something (eight times at least!).

Least Favorite: Announcement of the new shard. While I think it's a fine / okay idea, I think that too many time resources will be used for something that (a) likely won't bring new players in; and (b) not many people really were dying for. Plus, it's a new built-in excuse for why the developers are slacking on fixing some of the things that have been wrong for years.

Please feel free to share your favorite / least favorite content of 2020!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good:
The fact they kept the Shrine Battles and High Seas Crates active. That kept us busy in the beginning.
Then we found out the Blackthorns Captains drop 1 to 3 arties so we did that a lot.
We got a test run of Deceit, then Deceit. The Black gate and Black Forest were fun. I'm glad I don't have to play in Ice constantly since the rewards are not that great.

Bad:
The wait for the NL announcement then they announce they have nothing tangible. Who knows if it will materialize.

Ugly:
No gifts for the Holidays!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The virtue art was nice, the new artisian art as well. The cutouts are ok (wolf :) The actual events were fun for maybe ten minutes. To me.

I wonder who the NL shard is really for. Maybe a few players will return to see it. Maybe some of us will go try it. The problem is who is running it.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
keeping list short lol

dislike-dont care for shard bound stuff. many went to atl to do. new shard too

liked-loved the new cc features, auto dress. open corpse ect....

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Favorite? Letting us redo the Titan event. Was able to complete my 30% slayer book and nab a few more 50% SDI books for the future.

Least favorite are Deceit and Ice dungeon. shard locking the drops and actual rewards just ruined it for me. Stupid decision.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes! I knew there was a summer event I forgot about! Loved doing the Titan invasions again. I used my 5 wolf spiders.

Also I have enjoyed using my Paladin for a change in Deceit and Ice!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Deceit was fun, though the bandaid reward was messed up..Used my Sampire for a change..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Favorite? Letting us redo the Titan event. Was able to complete my 30% slayer book and nab a few more 50% SSI books for the future.

Least favorite are Deceit and Ice dungeon. shard locking the drops and actual rewards just ruined it for me. Stupid decision.
You mean the SDI 50% Book..An awesome book indeed..Tokuno ToT treasure supposedly not bad, you got your Mempos there. Missed that one.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Favorite: Treasure of Deceit rewards. The Devs finally gave an event where I wanted to do it start to finish for as much time as I could because the rewards were great.

Least favorite: The severe lack of content from Jan-Jun (actually there was zero content) and the lack of originality up to mid-Sept. I feel like I could have not subscribed for 9 months in 2020 and not missed out on anything.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
they have dress macros now!?
Yes it's under regular UO macro screen... Arm/Dress/undress.... You get 4 arm & dress slots. There is a slight delay afterwards when using them to switch outfits (ie you can't move anything in your pack or open anything for maybe 5-7 seconds). Helps CC users who can't use Pincos.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The new dynamic events (Deceit, Ice) are easily my favorite. Nowadays, I can only play in random bursts, so these events are perfect. I also love the idea of rediscovering a dungeon every couple of months.

Zim Zum

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Good:
I returned to the game in December 2019 after a near 15 year absence. The sheer amount of new content has been overwhelming for me, but I soon learnt a lot of the best items to equip my characters were no longer available (e.g. sdi spellbooks, mempo of fortune, first aid belt etc.). Then after 2020 took a turn for the worse suddenly UO kept launching event after event that seemed to give another chance to get those items I was missing. It's kept me hooked and I've re-opened a few accounts now to allow me to play more on other shards. Vendor search was a boon for a returning player like me (although it took me a few months to discover it!)

The Bad:
This is more a personal thing, I previously lived for UO PVP and was a notorious PK on the European shards 15-20 years ago. I briefly gave pvp a go again and realised it was no longer for me. It's changed too much and the learning curve is now too steep for me to bother, not too mention Europa and Drachs in particular seem very quiet Fel side. On the bright side this is letting me try aspects of UO I never even played before. Including going to Ilshenar and Malas dungeons for the first time :D

The Ugly:
Some great new features in the classic client like the dress and arm macros, but sadly there are still bugs I remember from 15 years ago. Vendor search is a nightmare when you recall to a vendor clearly stocked by someone using the enhanced client...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Vendor search is a nightmare when you recall to a vendor clearly stocked by someone using the enhanced client...

Agree, but you can go directly to the item you searched for by going to the little map is your pack and choosing to go directly to the item you searched for..

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best of 2020 for me: The Invasions. Since I missed the first one, I got to see it for the first time in 2020. I loved it.

Worst of 2020 for me: The Ice Dungeon one. I just can't get excited about it. I do it when I can't think of anything else to do, which is rare.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Best of 2020 for me: The Invasions. Since I missed the first one, I got to see it for the first time in 2020. I loved it.

Worst of 2020 for me: The Ice Dungeon one. I just can't get excited about it. I do it when I can't think of anything else to do, which is rare.
+1

I also liked The Black Gate and Deceit for the new rewards.

Add to the bad, no holiday token.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk