• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] Fastest way to gain Resist Spells?

D

DVDA

Whats the fastest way to take Resist Spells from 50 to 120 these days?

Casting on yourself? New Haven? Other?

Thanks Guys

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Presuming you are a mage, curse yourself. Make sure you have 40 LMC and high MR. I never run out of mana when I do it. Clumsy works for a while if you don't have that high of MR but it starts to fizzle as resist spells gets higher.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fail Honorable Execution on your mount and keep the satyr that discorded you close. Then make faces at a changling on the other side of the rocks in the Cu spawn area.

Fail Honorable Execution while being chased by a pack of spellbinders in the New Haven area. High HP regn suit helps.

Or just play the game. And hunt Imps / Dread Spider / Lich / Titan till done.

D

DVDA

I am not a mage, I am an archer however I have 100 magic soulstoned.....

How do I fail Honorable Execution? Cast it with no skill?

Where are the Spellbinders in New Haven? I've never been there

Thanks guys

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a friend and a quiet place in Fel.

Have your friend log into a char with good magery but NO eval. He casts a Paralyze Field a few spaces in front of him.

You start at one end of the Para Field and attack him, thus turning you grey. Then you run back and forth through the field.

You'll get 0-120 in a couple hours.

J

Jest

DVDA, I've leveled Resist Spells up to 120 pretty easily in New Haven. I can't imagine it being any easier than there. Just aggro as many Spellbinders as you can and find a spot where you are outside of their melee range but where they can still cast on you. Your Resist Spells will skyrocket. I've used this method for training Resist on my pets as a Tamer as well.

L

longshanks

this. and casting protection on yourself as well. probably the easiest skill next to focus to gain.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DVDA, I've leveled Resist Spells up to 120 pretty easily in New Haven. I can't imagine it being any easier than there. Just aggro as many Spellbinders as you can and find a spot where you are outside of their melee range but where they can still cast on you. Your Resist Spells will skyrocket. I've used this method for training Resist on my pets as a Tamer as well.
This is technically illegal and you can get banned if someone pages, but it is definitely the quickest way. Ideally, you should be able to go to 120 before a GM actually comes 10 hours later.

D

DVDA

I actually just tried this and i went from 0 to 110 (I dont have 120 PS <Cry>) in less than 4 hours.

How is it illegal? I stood on the steps on a house and talked in guild chat so I wouldnt get disconnected for not moving.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually just tried this and i went from 0 to 110 (I dont have 120 PS <Cry>) in less than 4 hours.

How is it illegal? I stood on the steps on a house and talked in guild chat so I wouldnt get disconnected for not moving.
It is illegal because the monsters do not have a path to deal damage to you.

Same reason it is illegal to train discord or provo in a house with pens built into your house design.

Stupid rule I know, but I've been taken to jail for it before.

T

Tazar

I just back into a corner somewhere so that only one to three can reach me - then target and start wrestling with a spellbinder in the back row (too far for me to reach and kill). They ones up front can reach me all they want - but they only cast spells. It's getting into grey areas, but I "think" that is legal.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just back into a corner somewhere so that only one to three can reach me - then target and start wrestling with a spellbinder in the back row (too far for me to reach and kill). They ones up front can reach me all they want - but they only cast spells. It's getting into grey areas, but I "think" that is legal.
That is considered legal. because they can get a path to you and damage u

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a friend and a quiet place in Fel.

Have your friend log into a char with good magery but NO eval. He casts a Paralyze Field a few spaces in front of him.

You start at one end of the Para Field and attack him, thus turning you grey. Then you run back and forth through the field.

You'll get 0-120 in a couple hours.

This ^^

but done with a red mage casting the field. You will got from 0 to 120 in less than an hour

Solo on my characters I do New Haven 0-100 in under 3 hrs, fairly casually. Keep agroing/ leading on Spectrals until you have at least 10 of them on you and run circles around them. I did all of my healing with bandages, but pretty light damage if your internet connection is decent. I don't recall exact armor etc, but it was all real low level junk as I did this on 3x of my characters during the 2 week free trial. As for 100-120...I only intend to break 100 with my mage. 6 months later I still don't have a scroll to break the 100 level:) But I am betting more of the same once I get one.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks Michael! :) This is a really old topic, most of us agree with your method as being the go to thing to do. You can also get a boat. Contrary to 2011 opinion I've never seen this rule enforced.