• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fastest shard to play - Toronto Canada

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
May I know which is the fastest shard to play from Toronto Canada. May consider to move to another shard, but not Atl it's too crowded for me. I need at least a 18x18 to live comfortably.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May I know which is the fastest shard to play from Toronto Canada. May consider to move to another shard, but not Atl it's too crowded for me. I need at least a 18x18 to live comfortably.
I'm in Kitchener Ontario right by you and I play on great lakes and it's fast and not too crowded with a decent population... I'm sure there are 18x18 spots open if you look around a bit

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep I'm in the central northern US and GLs is pretty fine... and has a decent population without being too crowded and you can always find a 18x18 here... maybe even a Keep spot if you get lucky... but not too often.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a couple hours away from Toronto and play Great Lakes. Speed is fine and there's plenty of housing space.

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I started a new char in Catskills. Quickly earned 100k with a quite good Major Artifact from an Irk, found a rare Tram spot which allows a stone keep and dropped a house on it. I considered myself lucky here, so I decided to stay in Catskills instead, it's fast enough for me.

Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Haha I always love the siege players rally cry "Come to Siege!" ... their cultish devotion to their beloved and mysterious home is akin to jehovah's witnesses, except more entertaining and actually welcome. And given all the recent tumultuous BS we're seeing on standard shards, tempting, if I'm being honest!!

- Edit - any of you seigers know off hand where the server is located regionally? It seems like a shard best played with a low latency.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Haha I always love the siege players rally cry "Come to Siege!" ... their cultish devotion to their beloved and mysterious home is akin to jehovah's witnesses, except more entertaining and actually welcome. And given all the recent tumultuous BS we're seeing on standard shards, tempting, if I'm being honest!!

- Edit - any of you seigers know off hand where the server is located regionally? It seems like a shard best played with a low latency.
It truly is the happiest place on Earth, like Disney Land, but with murder!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We serve Kool-Aid with our cookies!
drink-the-kool-aid-2m2plr6-300x250.jpg

KennyAr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
try something completely new and join Siege Perilous.
no insurance, all felucca ruleset - it's the best shard in all of UO
I think that I tried long long time ago. I barely remember whenever I went to Despise to start a new char I was killed by someone till I gave up.
I am not that good at pvp, so I guess it's not for me.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Take a look here:

Shard IP Addresses

All east coast shards are hosted by amazon webservices in Virginia. Among these shards listed you will have, by and large, the same ping, just take your pick.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that I tried long long time ago. I barely remember whenever I went to Despise to start a new char I was killed by someone till I gave up.
There are a lot of players on Siege that aren't any good at PvP. You'll just have to develop skills and tactics to evade PvP if you don't want to fight.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm in Kitchener Ontario right by you and I play on great lakes and it's fast and not too crowded with a decent population... I'm sure there are 18x18 spots open if you look around a bit

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Plenty of 18x18 to be had and some tower spots. Anything Keep or larger will be harder to come by. Decent population on GL.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ha ha - don't worry. Its actually hard to find ppl in fel now. I can mine for hours and not see anyone there.