• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faster casting and spells that affect it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked, and I have no answers, so I'm asking here.

If a character has 2/6 casting and casts both protection and stone form, what will be his/her effective fc/fcr?

If the same char has 0/6 casting?

If the char has 0/0 casting?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked, and I have no answers, so I'm asking here.

If a character has 2/6 casting and casts both protection and stone form, what will be his/her effective fc/fcr?

If the same char has 0/6 casting?

If the char has 0/0 casting?

Protection Drops your Faster Casting CAP by 2. It doesn't actually give you Negative Faster casting.

Stone Form gives you -2 Faster Casting (If I'm remembering correctly.)

So.... if you combine these two things a mage starting at 2/6 casting when he casts protection reduces his FC/FCR CAP to 0/6. He then casts Stone form which gives -2 Faster Casting. It all comes down to order of operations. I believe the CAP is what happens last which means that if your in protection stoneform.. your stone form reduces you to 0/6 Casting with it's -2 FC penalty and then protection because it lowers your casting CAP by 2 Faster Casting then gets checked and says...."He's Casting in stoneform at 0/6 speed is this above the protection Cap for Magery / Mysticism (which is 0/6 aka... -2 Faster Casting CAP)? If it was ABOVE the Cap it would get reduced.....) FCR isn't effected by either stone form or protection, so it remains a critical casting component imo. You could complicate this example more by tossing some chivalry in there bc it's 4/6 cap... or 2/6 Cap with protection. Say it's a Mystic Mage with say 60 Chivalry and 4/6 Casting Equipped. If he goes into protection stoneform he would maintain 0/6 Casting for Magery / Chiv & I believe with chivalry what would happen is the -2 Faster casting from stoneform would apply to the intial 4/6 Casting dropping it down to 2/6. At this point because your in protection & casting Chivalry it would check that the casting cap of Chivalry is 2 FC lower (aka 2/6) and then allow you to cast Chiv spells (stone form + protection) at 2/6.....

Anyway... I did this all a long time ago, but that's what I recall at least.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks. Though I think 4/6 casting for chiv only applies if magery is below 70?

so, in the second example, with 0/6 casting as a starting point protection would have no effect on casting, but stoneform would take you to -2fc?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Yea on my tablet and i cant edit my post without the browser crapping out but there is a part where i say "maintain 0/6 casting...." it was supposed to be for mager / mysticism...NOT magery/ chiv.

Your correct about chivalry being capped at 2/6 if magery > 70.. but that 4/6 is just there to cancel the -2 Fc from stoneform. Protection by itself caps chiv at 2/6 as well as having 70 magery. If you didnt have 4/6 to start with -2 Fc from stone form would leave you below the CHIVALRY protection casting cap of 2/6.... think of it like using orny + 1/3 ring so you can have a -1 Fc Spell channeling wep...

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why must caster accept this befor they are playable ??

- 2 FC = 280 Imbu Points
- 34 Skill Points = 317 Imbu Points
-14 -15 Physikal = 100 Imbu Points

And stone form negate under zero too so thats an protection player (think 99% in pvm) must have 2 fc (unplayable slow white under 0) :(

No Meele must accept negative points befor he can play and they never run out of mana and lech and lech in vampire ore wraith form !!
They only must compensated -25 for vampire ore 2x -5 for wraith form - thats all !!

Negate 697 Imbu Points Caster vs. 166 for 25 Fire Resie and 66 (5 Fire/5 Energie) for Wraith Form - Relation ?? Where ?? LOL

Here we need changes and caster buffs !!

Think about caps include stone form at absolut zero point and protection only -14-15 physikal resie and no negate fc and skill more then it is in relation to vampire and wraith form on meeles.

If i see thats you can ride to on vampir form then i m for nerfing the colous down to 4 slots and make riding avaibled in stone form and bump barbed and horend leather up white lmc bonus to and refinments caps thats you can ride in all 75-80 armor.

Last edited: