• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faster Cast Recovery!!

L

Lafal

ok so im a pure bard with magery and med and on my rings i want skillz on em, but they have no room for faster cast recovery. With my spellbook and shield im at 2/1.. Missing 5 fcr. Do any of you think this would be a problem? and also what do u guys run with?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vesper Chaos Shield will give you FCR 2 and FC 1. You can get a crafted spellbook with FCR 2 and FC 1. That is 4/2, what are you using?

I don't like running under 4 FCR and 2 FC.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Switching to Chaos shield - museum of Vesper replica will help.

But...yikes. I really recommend 2/6 for a mage. :/

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say 2/4 would be ok, but any less and you're going to be noticing it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well, that all hinges on if you are running with protection on.

cause if you are then having FC/FCR is a mute point cause the protection will negate all of it.

so if you arnt running with protection on then ya, the vesper 1/2 shield is what ya need.
if you are running with it on then dont worry about picking up any.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't protection still take you down to -2 casting? And it only affects FC, not FCR I believe.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't protection still take you down to -2 casting? And it only affects FC, not FCR I believe.
Correct.

When you are using the Protection spell, your FC will offset the negative FC from the spell. Protection does not have an effect on FCR.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
moot point.

sorry.
at work, 10 things going on at same time.

Moooooooooooooo, hehehhee its cows point of view.
i like that.