• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fashion needs some love !

• Thread starter Dreadlord Galaad
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dreadlord Galaad

Where is the fashion in uo???

First of all, the facts :
-Robes and shrouds are used to hide the horrible armor sets. (For example: Heart of lion + leather sleeves + Legs of bane + ninja mitts :drool: )
-For lucky players (like me), they can have a complete leather armor which is not bad at all.

In my opinion, players need to be able to have the style they want without losing the possibility to use arties and other good items. That can help to get new players (uo is dying slowly because of the lack of new players) !
Unfortunately, non medit are nearly useless because of the last pubs reducing mana regeneration(mr). (above a total of mr9 (armor properties + base regeneration + focus), the difference between 9 and 18 is only 4 real mr.) :lame:

So what can it be done?

I know that devs love gold sinks stuff, what about adding 2 new items :

- A mage armor deed : Using the deed will add the property mage armor on any non medit armor. (thats also a good way to counter the current bug that makes 6 properties mage armor samurai armors*) * I hope its just a bug

- An armor morphing deed : Using the deed will allow to choose with all the different possible style. For example: You would be able to change your hat of magi into a bandana ;)

About the prices, both of the items should receive some descent prices that allow even new players to get the items ! Not too low, not too high ! ;)

Thanks for your comments!

Ps:thanks Coppelia for the very important comment about price ! Personally, I know that my perception of gold might be altered.

C

Coppelia

I'm interrested by fashion in UO and I don't have millions. I guess I'm stuck with the patchwork armors while those who have the millions don't care, or even work hardly to make fashion worse by overusing neon colors in a very wrong way.

O

onthefifty

i agree that fashion needs some love too. one thing about the robes, is that they hide your armor from an opponent so he cannot fully ascertain what your running. thats main reason i wear it, aside from the fact that the hooded shroud of shadows is blessed and looks super cool.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup...fashion leaves a lot to be desired in UO.

As a high ranking officer in the Siege fashion police, I must content myself with calling people out for only the most egregious violations as otherwise I'd have to cite most of the characters in existence. :p

-Skylark

S

spud

Take a leaf out of LOTRO's book and have an alternative clothing set thing on the paperdoll. Effectively allow you to wear two sets of clothes, your armour, crimson and stuff could all be hidden behind a second level of purely decorative clothing.

D

Dreadlord Galaad

I'm interrested by fashion in UO and I don't have millions. I guess I'm stuck with the patchwork armors while those who have the millions don't care, or even work hardly to make fashion worse by overusing neon colors in a very wrong way.

Ah yeah you are totally right. I guess that kind of items should allow even new players to get them not only veteran players who knows how to make millions of gp quickly ! I will try to edit the main topic ;)

S

scytale84

I agree with you 100%. I like to look good while hunting. I suggested new armour dyes in one of my posts. That will help. I love your armour conversion idea, though. That is one original idea.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Instead of a gold sink, I would much prefer Elder to Legendary tailors and smiths "learn" to alter our armor to the design and fit we need.

R

RenaLynne

Nice...I also think some new clothing styles would be cool. So much of the armor is designed to look bulky and unattractive for female players. Having an all girl account myself, its annoying to me. Why is the only female peice a chest or studded looking shorts? The leaf arms look kind of nice, but elf only. I hate that my female fighters have to look all beefy.:thumbdown:
I know some people think the fashion topic is a waste of time compared to others but for me my P-Doll is 1/4 of the game.:blushing:

H

Hunters Moon

Whatever happened to the very large thread in the old forum requesting new and better armor/clothing artwork? Whoever started it actually did some artwork to show examples of what UO could be.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember Saphireena's pixel graphics challenges? In one, she and a number of other very talented graphic artists created some new clothing styles and hair styles for the 2D paperdoll & avatar...some of them were amazing. Yet another thing to mourn about the loss of the old Stratics boards - I used to go back and look at that monster thread in the archives, wishing we had some of those options in the game. I wish I had copied some of the pics when the thread was "fresh" 3 or so years ago, as a lot of them had broken image links even before Stratics went *poof* due to the age of the thread. :(

-Skylark