• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Farming t-maps

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi all.

Was wondering - what mobs and places (in your opinion) are best to farm 3 lvl t-maps.

Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our page on Treasure Map Quests gives the following list of creatures carrying level 3 maps
Arctic Ogre Lord, Cyclopean Warrior, Dark Guardian, Juka Mage, Lesser Hiryu, Lich, Meer Mage, Ogre Lord, Ophidian Avenger, Ophidian Knight-Errant, Terathan Avenger, Wanderer of the Void, Yomotsu Warrior, Raptor, Fairy Dragon, Fan Dancer, Tsuki Wolf, Minotaur, Fire Ant, Cold Drake
of these the 'Dark Guardian' is possibly the most easily farmable, but it randomly gives level 1 and 2 too.
Another source of levels 1 - 4 you might consider is the hag's quest.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dark guardians in doom for the low level ones, then Miasma for the higher ones. I think Miasma is level 6 from memory.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dark guardians in doom for the low level ones, then Miasma for the higher ones. I think Miasma is level 6 from memory.
Miasma gives level 5 maps and chests which contain level 6s - I usually get more chests than maps, ratio something in the region of 4:1

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Our page on Treasure Map Quests gives the following list of creatures carrying level 3 maps
Arctic Ogre Lord, Cyclopean Warrior, Dark Guardian, Juka Mage, Lesser Hiryu, Lich, Meer Mage, Ogre Lord, Ophidian Avenger, Ophidian Knight-Errant, Terathan Avenger, Wanderer of the Void, Yomotsu Warrior, Raptor, Fairy Dragon, Fan Dancer, Tsuki Wolf, Minotaur, Fire Ant, Cold Drake
of these the 'Dark Guardian' is possibly the most easily farmable, but it randomly gives level 1 and 2 too.
Another source of levels 1 - 4 you might consider is the hag's quest.
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I've seen this information - farmed terathans and ophidians yesterday for about 1,5 hours - not a single t-map drop. Farmed liches for 3 hours - not a single t-map dropped. Haven't tried the other mobs yet.

Thanks everybody for the info regarding Dark Guardians. Was thinking of it but after reading the frightful story about closing doors and poisonous gas coming into the room and 2 guardians spawning for each PC and summon in the room I stopped even considering this option (my suite is extremely crappy - only 100 LRC).

Any other options? :)

Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hag's quest - takes a while, but much easier and guaranteed a map level 1 - 4. Most shards have a rune library with the relevant runes.

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hag's quest - takes a while, but much easier and guaranteed a map level 1 - 4. Most shards have a rune library with the relevant runes.
Thank you for the reply! Do I understand it correctly that this quest is repeatable? Is there any CD to do the quest?

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes you can repeat the Hag's quest as many times as you want. I do it for the bag of regs(30each of the Mage regs) , lower treasure maps, and to build /maintain fame.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the reply! Do I understand it correctly that this quest is repeatable? Is there any CD to do the quest?
Yes, it's repeatable, though there's a short delay before you can take it again - about 5 minutes I think.
If you do it in Trammel you will get Trammel maps, if you do it in Felucca you will get Felucca maps - if your luck is in and you get a level 4, there's also a chance of getting a SoT in a Felucca map. There is a walk through, linked in my previous post. My chars have a 'hag's quest kit' which consists of a shovel, an empty pitcher, a tricorn hat and a spyglass. The need for these items will become clear as you read the walk through :)
as a side benefit the quest gives Sacrifice virtue.

Sorry to be dense, but this jargon deficient granny doesn't know what CD is.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Get an undead slayer spellbook, don't cast any EVs or other summons and meteor strike them Dark Guardians away.
It will take one, maybe two meteor strikes to kill a pair of them. 1400 gold and two Malas maps between level 1 and 3 pretty much for free.

Also, at which shard are you. If you happen to be at Legends, it will be an honour to offer you a much better suit for free.

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks you very much everybody for the replies. I currently play on Siege so only have Felucca here ). Gonna try and get undead slayer spellbook. BTW sorry for off topic are there any mystic slayer books? I am a mystic t-hunter without EI so my magery spells are a bit weak.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Whether the book you're holding is magery, mysticism or necromancy doesn't matter.
As long as you have the full myst book on your backpack, you will be able to cast and benefit from the slayer property even if the book you have equipped is a magery one.

Not sure if you guys get New Haven at Siege, but the scribe quest there gives you an undead slayer magery book.

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Whether the book you're holding is magery, mysticism or necromancy doesn't matter.
As long as you have the full myst book on your backpack, you will be able to cast and benefit from the slayer property even if the book you have equipped is a magery one.

Not sure if you guys get New Haven at Siege, but the scribe quest there gives you an undead slayer magery book.
Thank you for the explanation. No, we don't have New Haven on Siege :(.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Drat. :(
That quest is perfect to secure an undead slayer book.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks you very much everybody for the replies. I currently play on Siege so only have Felucca here ). Gonna try and get undead slayer spellbook. BTW sorry for off topic are there any mystic slayer books? I am a mystic t-hunter without EI so my magery spells are a bit weak.
Yes, there are such things as mystic books with properties - but the scribe writing them needs to have mysticism skill.

Daggot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
High, was trying to get the quest but the witch won't give me it. She says that I'm already on the quest. I have abandoned all the quests I've got but shi still doesn't want to give me the quest. What am i doing wrong?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High, was trying to get the quest but the witch won't give me it. She says that I'm already on the quest. I have abandoned all the quests I've got but shi still doesn't want to give me the quest. What am i doing wrong?
The Hag's quest is one of the older quests, along with the ones from the solen matriarch and ambitious solen queen and the collector in New Haven and Victoria in Doom. You can only have one of those quests active at any time and you find the log for the one that's active by clicking on your character's context menu, instead of using the quest button your character's paperdoll as you do for the newer quests. Once you've cancelled whichever one of those older quests you still have active, your character should be able to get the quest from Grizelda.