• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Farming Stygian Abyss

J

[JD]

What are you guys using to farm the Abyss for imbuing ingredients?

So far it seems each spawn can be best done by a different type of character. Right now I have a Tamer, a Mysticist, and I am building a Sampire (kind of on hold for now).

Also it seems like there are tons of ******y people down there. Several times I'm working on a spawn and some asshat runs into the spawn, starts whirlwinding or withering and then runs off. I'm assuming they're using some sort of looting script to auto-grab the gold, gems, and good items off the corpses (meanwhile it takes me a long time to loot manually..)

They'll also "killsteal" a boss after you worked up the spawn. What the hell is wrong with people... idiots

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, most people use some type of sampire, seen a few mages, couple of tamers.

i am just down there to grab essences and other imbue items, I leave all gold and gems, it does not take long to get used to looking for just these items.

Sorry, but there is no "killsteal", the spawn is for whoever shows up. Why are people just jumping in now? Because of the new artys that can drop on the renowns - as long as you get looting rights, you get a shot and an arty drop.

J

[JD]

Sorry, but there is no "killsteal", the spawn is for whoever shows up. Why are people just jumping in now? Because of the new artys that can drop on the renowns - as long as you get looting rights, you get a shot and an arty drop.

I disagree. It's more than rude to jump on the renowned of someone who spent the time working a spawn up. Call it whatever you want, but "killsteal" is a fairly appropriate description. Not much you can do about it, but that doesn't make it any less lame. Reminds me of surfers who try to hop on waves and cut you off. Greedy. There will always be more waves, and there will always be the next spawn.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my sampire for the rat spawn and the goblin spawn. For everything else I use a disco tamer and a greater dragon. Some of the lower end spawn is kind of annoying to kill with a dragon, like pixies, but that's a minor annoyance.

As far as steal kills, there's a certain guild on my shard that just comes in and takes over no matter what you're fighting or what you're trying to do. Every single person in the guild is an inconsiderate jerk. I don't really have a choice but to leave since they kill everything in sight.