• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming rare hue night mare

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey all, im going after the metallic night mare, anyone roughly know the spawn rate. Killed a ton of them yesterday and not a one. Thanks

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Can take up to 6 and maybe 9 days before you get one. All depend how many hrs you turn them.
Damn man, thanks for the heads up. Thats a lot of work, plus you need it to be a 2 slot to be functional. Unfortunately it doesnt mean that much to me to prioritize that amount of work. Just curious, where do you farm them? I have been doing terra keep basement.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard you on? I've seen a few on great lakes pet vendors

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kirin passage is great. Lead the acid ele away. They spawn 1 at a time and respawn fast.

When you enter you can see the branch that has the Nightmare on your map.

You can use the Chromatic Totem from the UO store to have a better chance for colors. Nightmares and WW are the only pet that goes to 5 slot that the totem works on.

It does take a while to get a color and 2 slot. I like the silver patch ones better than the Void.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tend to find the new color ones 2slot are about 1 in 100 chance for me void seems to be 1 in 200 for me at 2 slot.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dang, thanks for all the info guys. I killed for about 2 hours in tera basement. Guess prolly ~150 mares killed. I will try the passage. @Meat Elemental im on chessy. I wont ever buy anything in this game. i dont mind paying real cash for some things but not a pet. Well, if its gifted thats another thing ;). I dont mind working for it i just want to know what im up against. Right now i have a lot of tritons to farm for my accounts. That is going to take priority but i do want a nice 2 slot metallic mare on my main account.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dang, thanks for all the info guys. I killed for about 2 hours in tera basement. Guess prolly ~150 mares killed. I will try the passage. @Meat Elemental im on chessy. I wont ever buy anything in this game. i dont mind paying real cash for some things but not a pet. Well, if its gifted thats another thing ;). I dont mind working for it i just want to know what im up against. Right now i have a lot of tritons to farm for my accounts. That is going to take priority but i do want a nice 2 slot metallic mare on my main account.
I hear ya I don't like buying anything either... Just took me like 3 months of farming up a purple hiyru.. Only going at it a few hours a day... Got 6 poison green ones trying to get the purple almost gave up lol

TheGhostRaider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turning is the name of the game. same as other, get my mares in the "kirin passage" good place to get Fame/karma after you Sacrified. and trying to find that metallic Mare. After that you can be picky and try for a short or long main. :) Best is to have ppl that take turn killing.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can use the Chromatic Totem from the UO store to have a better chance for colors. Nightmares and WW are the only pet that goes to 5 slot that the totem works on.
Wow, had to google this, what a weird item! And it said it also works for Stygian Drakes? The colors mentioned for Nightmares, is that in EC? We hardly see any difference in CC for mares.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, had to google this, what a weird item! And it said it also works for Stygian Drakes? The colors mentioned for Nightmares, is that in EC? We hardly see any difference in CC for mares.
they're for CC well for both but in EC they look the same but in CC you can see the difference.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah! We just had a look at the UO Cah color chart, apparently we have been living under a rock when it comes to nightmares haha! But the metallics are... let's put this right, in OUR opinion, rather ugly?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not onto Flappys so add that one to the 5 slot list. You can see the different new color mares in the CC.
I like the metallic ones. Have you seen the Void ones, they look fuzzy black in CC. Can still prob get 25M for a 2 slot Void on Atlantic.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not onto Flappys so add that one to the 5 slot list. You can see the different new color mares in the CC.
I like the metallic ones. Have you seen the Void ones, they look fuzzy black in CC. Can still prob get 25M for a 2 slot Void on Atlantic.
The mettalic and void do look different in the EC to regular ones but mettalic and void look the same... No difference in manes either.. Have to log in cc to tell