• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming Paroxy keys

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I thought I would give this a try, today is the 2nd day I"ve spent at least an hour killing corrosive slimes, only to find that none of them drop keys. So I page a GM and he informs me that they are RNG based and can take quite a while to get one. Quite a while, and not at all are 2 different things . Anyway, does anyone know if there's a trick ? I've killed them in the Abyss and I've killed them down in the palace...zero keys..

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Get ready for many hours of farming the parts for the key. I usually farm up several before killing him. Also kill him in Fel for the luck bonus.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder what the drop rate is on his swampy this one of the few old things that still holds great value

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that you had to get them in the Palace. Can anyone confirm they drop in the Abyss?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm playing UO wrong. I need to page a GM every time I don't get what I want.

Wait till the OP wants to get exodus keys from mobs.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have done this a lot over the years across multiple shards and this is how I personally do it.

I round up all the PEs, acid eles and plague beasts from the red marked area and lure them into the green marked areas, this can take a little prep time (best done with a mage for easy invis) the red area is littered with slime spawn and once clear of the 'annoying eles' it is a breeze to farm the red area back and forth. If the spawn dries up a little I weave a circuit of the pink area in.

Rozy Route.jpg

Regarding the drops, RnG is what it is. Sometimes I've gone a long time with no key drops and yes it gets quite disheartening but you just have to push through. The keys only spawn in the Palace of Paroxysmus as far as I am aware.

Regarding the Paroxy mount drop rate, the quoted 5% feels about right to me. It's certainly not a super rare drop, it's just the time consuming process to key and get in to Paroxy in the first place that puts a lot of people off farming it.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm playing UO wrong. I need to page a GM every time I don't get what I want.

Dude seriously ? Thats my first time keying Paroxy in my 22 years of playing. Is there seriously something wrong with you ? Are you like this in real life ? I don't give you a hard time for playing UO 18 hrs a day, why you gotta give me a hard time when I page a GM because I think something broken ? Is it for Likes ? Here...I'll like your reply for you..happy ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@GarthGrey thanks for the like but I'm already at max points...

Was just feeding off the other thread where they called a GM for a frivolous thing. Sorry if you are upset.
I'll give you an iceream to make up for it. :icecream: Well darn there is no icecream... Have to settle for a hula dance.
:hula:

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure they patched the abyss slimes to not drop keys anymore. The last time I tried to farm Proxy I spent almost 4 hours in the palace in tram and fel and never got a head.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems to me that whenever you are farming keys for things there is always that "ONE" key that never seems to want to spawn... what sucks is when it's like the briar thing for Dreadhorn as I find there is no way to "force" chances for it to spawn... it either will or it won't. You can run through there 100 times and it just refuses to spawn... It is annoying as all get out but what do you do... Or when farming that one key for Travisty and you kill them over and over and over and over and have to wait forever in a day for the crap to respawn only to not get a key again and again.

But from farming them so much back when I can say that it seemed to me that it was always that way... and it's not always the same key that doesn't spawn... it changes I'd say daily... or so as to which one decides to be the total jerk... but one will.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I round up all the PEs, acid eles and plague beasts from the red marked area and lure them into the green marked areas, this can take a little prep time (best done with a mage for easy invis) the red area is littered with slime spawn and once clear of the 'annoying eles' it is a breeze to farm the red area back and forth. If the spawn dries up a little I weave a circuit of the pink area in.

View attachment 120954
Yep, that's what i do. Except i use two accounts to farm the keys. I have my Disco/Tamer sit in the lower green area with a Najasaurus that he runs Consume Damage on. I have my Thrower lure all the Plague Beasts/Poison Eles/Acid Eles onto my Najasaurus, who can tank them all indefinitely due to out-regenerating their damage output. I then fly around on my Thrower and kill all the Corrosive Slimes. I can farm 6 sets of Paroxy Keys in about 2-3 hours of that.
But yeah, oftentimes i'll end up with like 13 Skulls before i finally get the 6th Torso. They should allow us to convert Paroxy keys into other Paroxy keys. It's complete and utter RNG otherwise.

At least the Exodus Keys can be crafted if you really want.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least the Exodus Keys can be crafted if you really want.
There are the tree ways to get access for exodus.
  1. Warrior
  2. Crafter
  3. Thief
This Was a new try of getting keys first and last introduced with the Exodus encounter. In a time when developer has time for thoose stuff

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using my technique of keeping the Plague Beasts/Poison Eles/Acid Eles busy with my Disco/Tamer's Najasaurus as my Thrower farms the Corrosive Slimes, i was just able to farm 9 Torsos, 4 Legs, and 4 Skulls in an hour.

Then it took about 20-30 mins to farm 4 sets of Spleens from the Putrifier with my Disco/Tamer and his 120 Chiv+AI Triton.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I typically farm Paraxy keys on the Fel side with my stealth archer. I've had a little more luck farming on that facet. Usually, I will have no problem getting several drops of two of the three key types from the slimes - but there will be a third key who's drop rate is much more scarce. In my experience, it seems like the particular key which is 'scarce' rotates roughly every two weeks.

I was under the impression that you had to get them in the Palace. Can anyone confirm they drop in the Abyss?
I am pretty sure they patched the abyss slimes to not drop keys anymore. The last time I tried to farm Proxy I spent almost 4 hours in the palace in tram and fel and never got a head.
I was under the same impression - that they currently only drop in Paraxymous Palace Dungeon.

It will usually take me 4 to 6 hours to get 6 full runs due to chasing whichever the 'scarce' key is. It's quite the grind, which is a shame because its actually one of the more challenging and fun Peerless bosses to fight.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guild (UWF) did 3 of the Paroxy runs last night. No Paroxy Swampy, but one of my guildies did get a Crimson Cincture off of the third Paroxy.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
malagaste is right about one key seem to be harder to get. its seems to be that way with most of the ML dungeon keys. it is so much easier to get keys/use keys now with the 6 day timer. it also helps to have others help get keys too. i hope you have better luck or find others to do it with you gl.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never made it to the Putrifiers key..went to Bedlam instead, got a Grizzled Mare.....lame 3 slot though.