• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming Negative Karma and Fame.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys just wanting to know if there is a good spot to farm negative karma and fame?
I really want to lower to get the scoundrel tittle.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Kill blue mobs, pixies. Even animals in town give you a karma hit, like cranes, dogs, cats.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are going for Dread, you will need to lock Karma at -10K which can be done by doing Oaks spawns pretty quickly then bring Fame to 10K

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unicorns/Kirins/Pixies/Serpentine Dragons... pretty much sums that up... you can do cats and dogs but that won't do it much.

If you are human ... cast a few low level necro spells... that'll drop you.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea if you got necro that will drop you fast.. that shroud from rubble event will drop you to bottom (-32k), unless it changed.. too (corrupted shroud or something)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can collect the keys for exodus but stab yourself with the dagger... instant -32,000 karma.
Only -10k, actually. Cloak of Corruption with enough HP regen to negate the health loss (although I don't think it can actually kill you - I believe Lich Form is similar) is the easiest method.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you dont need HP regen, you dont die when wearing the cloak or corruption.
you can just go to luna and park at the bank for 10 minutes and you'll be -32k
ive done it on all my necro's in game.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can also lock your karma at a shrine so positive karma actions won't raise it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For positive karma, fel balrons will take you to 31200 karma.
For negative karma, A round of Oaks will take your karma pretty low quickly too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Succubus is really good for gaining Karma

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Goblin mini champ is amazing to raise karma and fame. To lower maybe just kill oaks spawn in ilsh for pvp free, or hit t2a for some pvp. Oh, there is Wyvern Renowned mini also.
Those faery dragons lower it pretty well.

The angelic people from Oaks lower karma pretty well, cannot remember any other monsters for good karma killing. Maybe try cloak of corruption as suggested many times here.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cloak of Corruption is the best way to lower Karma. It'll drop you to the lowest amount, -32,000.
Be warned however, when you have negative karma, a lot of creatures that are normally neutral, become aggressive. Such as Pixies, Unicorns, Ki-Rins, Centaurs, Dryads (god i hate these), Ethereal Warriors, Paragons (Para Cu Sidhe will attack negative Karma if you move around too much), etc. Shimmering Effusion also particularly hates negative karma chars. Chiv spells are also less effective with negative karma.
The only real plus side to negative Karma, asides from the titles, is that Shadow Wisp familiars will restore more Mana to you the lower your Karma is.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is negative Karma giving you a Bonus for your necro spells?
Yes in some ways IE a shadow wisp familiar will drop a lot more mana on you at Dread than at a mere evil. Animates are also more durable and powerful at Dread. There is some complex calculation that takes the different karma levels, Spirit speak levels and Necro level in to account and delivers the end result. I simplify it by just running 120 necro SS and Necro and maintain Dread Lord. I mean if your going to be evil why be just a little evil :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as gaining negative karma and maintaining it I just keep a Ossein Grim spell book in hand and have no trouble staying at Dread.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Therei s a spellbook called Ossain Grimore that increases your karma losses by 5%. I might be a vet reward? some kind of reward item? not sure how I have one but I do have one which I just discovered after GMing necro and spirit speak and crafting some books, I found the Ossain Grimore in my spellbook bag

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a big fan of slaughtering Unicorns, Pixies & Kirins. Luckly they all like to hang out together and have a really fast respawn timer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm a big fan of slaughtering Unicorns, Pixies & Kirins. Luckly they all like to hang out together and have a really fast respawn timer.
I always enjoyed killing the Ethereal Warriors in Ilsh on my neg karma guys... makes me feel evil to kill something that looks like angels ;)