• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Farming hooks from the fishmongers?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes strange ideas coming into my mind. This time it was the question, if it is possible to farm hooks from the fishmonger quests. The idea behind is simple: You get very rare rewards for high end quests, that sell well. Or you can get hooks from all (?) quests that could sell. (Dunno if they do sell. At least there could be a market for those dredging and lava fishing hooks.)
My suggestions would be:
- use a classical style boat. That way you only can get small orders and your ratio of time fishing to number of quests done would improve.
- stay at the Trinsic/Skara/Jhelom sub server
- cancel quests that lead to outside the above sub server
- cancel quests, when the quest asks for too many fishes/crabs

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could do it. If you just keep canceling any non one line quests, then youd be able to get a lot of hooks. However I think that rapidly they will not be very valuable once the new items lose their novelty.