• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming gold

jaymus

Visitor
So does ultima online still use the same
Method , do u still have use a bag of sending for gold or is there a new way haven’t played in 15 years or so

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Selling and reselling items is the way to make what you need.

Two farming spots that work are fan dancers and miasma. You might only need a few million in gold to start yourself off and most players will help you with that much or give you the gear you need to start. If you are on Atlantic I can start you off.

if you learn what splintering weapons will sell for good money you can make steady gold at fan dancers while also being able to hit a giant pay day. A good bokuto can be worth hundreds of millions.

Simply farming gold is ok to start off, but
items can sell for a range of 10 to 100 million

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Don't want to make a new thread so will reply in existing one :
How you really make gold in this game? I know stuff I can sell for many millions, but where does gold come from? During current event I sold lots of items from my vendor (commission) burn lots on insurance. Many people done same.
Nobody is collecting gold in Fel spawn (yeah, some mobs in Fire Tram are gold-looted but most are not)
All New Mag pet vendors burn gold. But inflation is rising. So where does it comes from? Any fun way to make ? Or economy is supported only by 23/7 bokuto script farmers?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nobody is collecting gold in Fel spawn (yeah, some mobs in Fire Tram are gold-looted but most are not)
Risk vs Reward of PK to loot the ground gold ain't worth it honestly. That's why most of the Fel gold stays on the ground. Tram ruleset spawns? The gold is typically gone.

These days imo, the gold from mobs is secondary to items and sells. Most of the real 'wealth' in UO is from the items. Beyond that I have no idea at all where the actual gold in the economy comes from. When I had checks I assume it was dupers... now that we don't have checks? Damifikno tbh.