• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming gems

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I am almost at gm imbue (98) and 8ntend to go higher but I am at the stage where I can add a few properties to the gm lrc suits I buy. The issue I have is that I have very limited gold and the vendor prices on gems are super high. Where / what do you guys hunt to stock up on gems. I am running as a sampire at the moment and I am just about gm in my combat skills so can handle some reasonably tough critters. I tried hunting earth elements and was getting a few but tooooo slow. I tried dragons but the other spawn (greater and the likes) were too much.

Another question was with the mining skill can you get regular gems or is it just the big ones at gm?

Thanks in advance.
Mumm ra

Sara D

Adventurer
You can set the shovel or pick axe to ore and jems. You will get the small ones, maybe a few of the big ones. Solen seem to have jems on them also. Red if you are a friend of the hive. I'm not sure how many jems there are in treasure chests and also sos's carry some if you do fishing.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I hadn't thought about the solens. Cool. So with the mining do you get a decent volume or would I be as well farming monsters

Thanks for the reply.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tmap have 16 gems in lvl 5 and 19 in lvl 6 ( if i don't remember wrong)... For gems i think there aren't very fast way... Probably you can try with crystal elemental around malas :) ... Or mining it's another way but ,as said before, need time... Probably the fastest way is farm monster for golds and use them to buy gems from npc :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good call all round there hehe. I will just keep at it, regular dragons are a good option but their big brothers spoil the fun. I guess I will just buy them up and hunt more lol.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
crystal elementals in malas area good source of gems. being overland spawn they're also rather safe to farm. they are easy to kill and also give you tons of loot to unravel (at 90+ you should be getting gains from unraveling major magic items and above)

dragons and greater dragons also work and give you better loot (to unravel), barbed hides and dragon scales.