• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell to a fallen angel

A

atrus

I write this with great sadness. Today I was informed that a very special person on Napa Valley and Catskills has passed away in her sleep yesterday morning.

For those of you who knew her you will know this is a great loss.

Her Napa Valley characters are:
Faith
Mercy
Candy
Brightstar
Hope

I knew her best as Faith. We had many great adventures together. But the greatest adventure I had with Faith was just sitting in one of our houses talking for hours about our families. She was my oldest and best UO friend.

I have so many memories of our time together. I remember how excited she was when I gave her my small house next to hers so she can place a Lg Marble when Trammel opened up. Then shortly after that she placed a Lg Tower in the same spot and again she was very excited. Though she eventually started to play Catskills more often, I always knew I could count on her for anything on Napa.

Faith has many friends. She touched the hearts of everyone she met. She has many whispering roses and other gifts from her friends. So many players love her and will miss her greatly.

Wherever you are Faith, I know you are in a better place now. The pain is gone and your soul is free. I know you'll be watching over all of us. You'll be in my thoughts and heart forever. You are a very special person and I'll miss you very much.

This isnt goodbye, I'm sure I'll see you when it's my turn.

We love you.

Scott, Dawn, and Hunter
aka Atrus II

K

Kaeros

I'm definitely going to miss her. We met hrm, I'd say early June of '98. I began playing at the end of April. Struck up an immediate friendship and have remained friends ever since.

Was always talking to her about game matters and even things going on in real life.

She was a wonderful woman and a great friend.

One of my characters named Edgar Figaro was even husband to her character Brightstar for a time. Was fairly young when I began playing, and it was great to have someone to play with. As time went on, ended up playing with others and joining more guilds, but always remained close firends.

Some great times talking to her and playing with her on the game.
So yes she was a great friend and will definitely be missed.

She looked upon my siblings and I as an extension of her own family. Always sending cards and such through mail. I talk to her granddaughter now and then when I see her online. Good to stay in touch.

I know we'll see each other again someday, but until then, I know she'll be looking down upon me.

Here's to you Candy! *raises a glass of wine in rememberance*