• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell THB Locations - But When Were They All Randomized?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the title says; I came to try my hand at running some more treasure maps recently, and it seems that one of the recent patches has converted every Treasure map to a random location, and then put them back to being Tattered again.

This sadly includes the 2 Youthful maps I had, which I rather liked having in their old locations... but it's not included decoded maps, thank goodness, so the first map I ever solved still marks the location of that virginal adventure!

It's frustrating for me personally though, as I had a large collection of Level 6s that had remained on THB locations after the first waves of conversations left; but I guess it's time to try and squeeze Mining into my template. But when were they changed?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a few months or more. I started out stoning off a skill and on mining but now have gotten to where I can do them without mining. I use UO cartographer and match up the maps with the UOcart map. Some areas have uneven ground/line of sight issues or are in areas with annoying spawn and those I wait a month and then they will change to another location. If you read further down the thread list in this forum you will find several suggestions on how to find maps. I have a friend who goes along to do maps and he has to wait for a minute or two or maybe longer while I try to find the treasure spot. Once in a while I find it on the first try.