• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Falling Waters Fortress

T

Tazar

Well... I've wanted to do this for a long time... and now, I finally can! Thanks to :bowdown: Sarsmi for doing all of the screenshot work that I am fairly hopeless at and also for hosting it since I'd never get that done either.

This is my home on the Atlantic Shard. It is located in South Malas, along the west shore of the lake. It is also just down screen from the 0,0 0,0 coordinates. Feel free to visit and explore any time.

The house deco is not quite finished yet, and I doubt it ever will be because I believe it should constantly - yet slowly - evolve.

D

DuttyD

That is even more amazing zoomed out!

BUT

It doesn't show it all, it is even neater inside

S

Stupid Miner

Great house! hope you don't mind me commenting... the mountain would look less white if you used Dull copper granite instead of plain, and threw some level 1 arti rocks in there as well.

hah, i dont envy your subscription fees :p

T

Tazar

The pic does not show it well, but there are dull copper pieces in there to add texture and shading... Level 1 rocks were used to block movement through the pile, and some "rubble" rocks were also scattered through to add a few different shapes and colors.

Subscription fees??? well... I try not to think about that too much.... lol

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys should see the insides. It's really not a bad run from umbra. I've never seeen such UO focused dedication what with a full soulstone collection and a zillion marked runebooks, and really cool deco to boot. :D

T

Tazar

I have to be honest - while the rune-library is all planned out - and books ready, only about half of it is actually marked.... I have to have some ongoing mega-project to appease my OCD tendencies...lol

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eek:snap:

That is...well it's just incredible!!! Very nicely done.

B

Bara

nice. I saw this a while ago, when you just had the basic buildings, and I was wondering what was brewing there. Well done.

I wouild love to see a "zoomed out" shot in the KR client.

J

Jusdon

Wow, I can't imagine how long that must of taken or how many attempts to get your "house" coordinated over 5 plots..... Fantastic!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Z

Zodiac19

That's awesome, it also happens to be almost exactly where I live on Baja...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't view the pic...showing the website not available. :sad4:

-Skylark

T

Tazar

Can't view the pic...showing the website not available. :sad4:

-Skylark

Hmmm... Works fine for me, but then - if it does not work automatically, I'd be hopeless at fixing it. :)

This thread is the original thread in U-hall where Sarsmi found my place and made the pics of it. Scroll down to Post #32! There are several links there to different shots/resolutions, etc. Maybe one of them will work for you. If not, I hope Sarsmi knows what to do! :)

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, none of Sarsmi's links are working for me at the moment, it is like her site is unavailable at the moment.

If it is working for you, it is possible that you have the image cached in your browser from when you previously viewed it, and it is simply loading the image from the cache on your computer hard drive rather than fetching it from the web server.

-Skylark

T

Tazar

Looks like you are correct. It pulls up fine on my laptop, but not other computers around the office... :(

Help Sarsmi! :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be fixed now, the server just needed some stuff done to it. :)

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see them now! Wow, what a lot of work, and planning that must have taken. Fantastic job, Tazar.

-Skylark

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive took the time to run to your spectacular fortress, and i decided to take a screeny for you. This one is in enhanced client and i was able to zoom out and get most of your fortress. :)

Attachments

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell me you don't own all 6 of those nice stone houses, or I shall turn green with envy!

Amazing work, sir. Simply beautiful. I'll have to trot by some time and see it in person! :heart:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL all 6 he owns more then that in that area now those are some old pics... Perhaps if I have a free 6 hours or so of time I'll come stitch together everything for you taz.. including the insides... although god that doesn't really sound like a fun project you might have to pay me... =) there's 8 or 9 now

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9?!! *faints* :stretcher:

'course who am I kidding? If it were me I'd have an entire damn village going, and be redesigning every 3 months just like I do with my single little house already... :lol:

T

Tazar

Finesse of LS: Thanks for the new EC Pic. I use EC exclusively and it looks great to me! You did get a great shot of the original 5 houses.

Faerunner: Yes, I am an addict. :p There are 9 total combined now. 6 18x18, a 17,18, an 18x17 and an 18x16. Feel free to stop by any time. It's all public and explorable (if you can find all the teleporters).

Vlad: I am getting ready to pay someone (UO Gold only) to do full screenshots of the place - but it will be a little difficult as I am sure you know. I need another month-or so to finish up the deco on the latest addition (and a few other refinements) and then I'll be advertising for it. :)

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey taz ill do it for gold I could start on the existing ones easy enough. As long as I can do it in 2d.

T

Tazar

2D.... *shudders*

I'll actually want it in EC - and a copy in 2D. :p

But I have small refinements to make throughout before any parts of it are ready. I'll holler as parts are completed.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ill do the 2d I refuse to load the 3d crap on my system though so you can have someone else do that... but you have seen my screen shot work you will get your golds worth =)

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive cn it & yah looks way better irl than pics :)

althou have u tried a diff look for the steps on the top ones? make it flow a lil beter? althou I thinkt he only ones that would work r the umm sa? crystal? ones but I think that would make them greenish & wouldnt work... nm

looks great thou

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can take a look on ATL do it.

I have spent some considerable to time wandering his plot. It is just AMAZING. He has tied all his houses together now with teleporters and and illusions to make it look like you walk from house to house.

There is if i rem correctly a;
Rune Library
Mule house (crafting)
Library
Bar with Bath house (guest rooms :))
Sparring house
Jail with cave
Graveyard
I will look in a few and update but it is definatly worth a look.

L

lupushor

On my way there.....I HAVE to see this ! *sprints*

(awessssssssssome)

Sinful_Candie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its well worth the time to take out and make a char on Atl and go see it. I love it. Outstanding work. I have added it to my library. *smiles*

T

Tazar

Falling Waters Fortress was honored with a town banner last night.

My design was - lacking - so Mesanna fixed it! She really outdid herself!

Thanks Mesanna!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks Mesanna!
congrats on the banner Tazar ! :)

S

Stupid Miner

Thanks Mesanna!
I dunno, seems a bit empty :p

Hehe, kidding, congrats!

----
Hm, reviewing your design again, there's a lot of wall space you can use if you want. PM me if you want and i could show you how to decorate the outside walls, it tends to be hideously complex until you get used to it :)

T

Tazar

Hm, reviewing your design again, there's a lot of wall space you can use if you want. PM me if you want and i could show you how to decorate the outside walls, it tends to be hideously complex until you get used to it :)
Deco'ing outside walls is easy to do. I start on the roof, add a south-facing castle ladder, climb and place goza's. Then any item can be placed, locked, and lowered into position.

I've been experimenting lately with ways to further "fill in the gaps" between buildings - but I'll get around to more exterior stuff soon enough (unless another neighbor sells out :p).

When I get ready for the outside, I'll PM you for more ideas. :)

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went thru it again & its amazing & i love the lil area messena did, looks about an 18*18 length :) nice job tieing it in

S

Stupid Miner

Deco'ing outside walls is easy to do. I start on the roof, add a south-facing castle ladder, climb and place goza's. Then any item can be placed, locked, and lowered into position.

I've been experimenting lately with ways to further "fill in the gaps" between buildings - but I'll get around to more exterior stuff soon enough (unless another neighbor sells out :p).

When I get ready for the outside, I'll PM you for more ideas. :)
Oh, thanks for mentioning this, I keep doing things the hard way ;)
Forget that ladders even exist most of the time.

Attached pic hoping it'll help get ideas going or something. Will want to look closely, the deco can kind of blend together and it's easy to miss. Sorry, have no idea why i had saved this pic as .jpg

Attachments

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can u still do this? OR only in a customizable house? cuz i have a keep, but when ever i go to place a ladder, it says *must be in house u own* pft (tried both south & east & wont let me)

so with the ladder when i place & lower it, it only goes to teh last no steppable square in it. Heck i can do that with out the ladder... & then when i lower it, it stops on the roof with a , omg u cant lower it no more message

so any other ideas? I want to add ice to the outside but cant atm

T

Tazar

I played for many years without a house - and since AOS launched when I placed my first plot, I've only had customized plots - so I am not sure if it works on non-custom homes or not. Sounds like a good area for experimentation. I'll test some if I can borrow a keep from a friend to test with.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so far I've only done off the north side ~~ used the normal ladder, not the castle ladder, but this went up six ladder levels in some spots (set ladder, climb to top, drop goza, chop ladder and set again on goza) ~~ I did it with two ladders, not sure about procedure if using only one ~~ this is my first attempt, the next one will be a much more extensive garden in Skara, this one can be seen on Legends at the Grimswind rope bridge (the only things here that are not placed are the rock and tiny mushroom)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tazar, your town banner is gorgeous, I had to go there last night to check it out for myself after seeing the pic and it was well worth it! I bet you are so proud!

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah i was able to go off on the north & west side a lil & up in teh air.. heck I have a 4th floor & santas on the 5th in my castle.... santa on teh 5th on my keep,

but yah i cant get em off the south or east side :( so I guess no ice on the keep eh .. althou i might be able to place on the bottom floor in some areas & make it look like it.. I read that trick somewhere, but still as its a keep I wont be able to get all the walls :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
went again today to visit, Tazar, and still get lost and fall off roofs! :lol: stunning homes, and the Town Banner is beautiful, congratulations on all!

C

canary

Thanks Mesanna!
I thought banners were not to exceed 6x6 in size. Not to be a spoilsport, but... shouldn't these things (ie rules) be consistent? I'm not necessarily blaming Tazar, as Messana did the design, just a bit perplexed.

EDIT: There are recent things like this (and the Rare Festival sashes) that I have no doubt will lead others to question the integrity of Messana, the EM program in general and things like the community banners. If you are going to make the rules, it is important to ensure that you hold everyone to the same level of accountability and provide equal service across the board.

T

Tazar

The rules of the banners were a little different from shard to shard with some not getting them at all, others based on town activity, and some based on some form of EM event competition.

For Atlantic, there were 3 different pieces of info that I saw on it. The original discussion in the councilor's hall, the original post on the EM forum, and the final application. Combining what I saw of the three, it was my understanding that the "Platform" or "Foundation" of the banner (The part that blocked movement) could not be larger than 6x6 because of housing rules... which the pond at the center of the Fortress' Banner is. The rest is just decor around it...

I believe that there are other larger banners around on Catskills and Chesapeake so the one at the Fortress is by no means unique.