• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Fake Neon Dye Tub on Atlantic!

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, same guy different vendor house. It is 2 doors to the the east from the first vendor house that he was at a couple weeks ago. (SW Corner of Luna) Honestly I just don't get how people can mistake this and spend 100 Mil. Oh well, thought I'd throw that warning out there. Going to put a tone of blue dyetubs all around it now.

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Rowan. How can I tell if it is a fake? just incase I ever decide I wan't one.

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the additional warning, I've terminated his contract the first day that they put that on there, however I have to wait. I've posted warnings on my vendor names as well. Sad to see people do this... had to get rid of another vendor for fake ethy cloaks...

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Rowan. How can I tell if it is a fake? just incase I ever decide I wan't one.
One thing you can do and I don't recommend it but is at server down wait for it to say server is going down shortly 2 times after that the current actions you do don't save, buy the item and see if its real, when server is up if it was real go buy it and if its fake then don't go back and buy it.

Y

Yen Sid

Well a neon dye tub won't be on a vendor for 100mil, that is a good indication that it is fake. Personally I wouldn't buy one unless a broker is going to be used that is well known and trustworthy.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the easiest ways to tell is that a Neon Leather Dye Tub says "Leather Dye Tub" not "Dye Tub" so there is that.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think in the meantime, you can block his vendor from line of sight using goza mats if you want to help protect buyers before the contract expires. Should be able to place them and raise them to make a block. Not full-proof, but should help. Might even be able to place a book on a goza with a warning, but haven't tested that.

Be careful folks!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think in the meantime, you can block his vendor from line of sight using goza mats if you want to help protect buyers before the contract expires. Should be able to place them and raise them to make a block. Not full-proof, but should help. Might even be able to place a book on a goza with a warning, but haven't tested that.

Be careful folks!
Assia, You can get in trouble for this even in your own home.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assia, You can get in trouble for this even in your own home.
Really? Thanks for the head's up. I guess it all matters what shake of the dice you get as far as GM's. I've had one recommend visual blocking of a problem vendor in the past. I guess try to put books down as a warning. Wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble for my suggestion.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll show you the difference!

I couldn't use the one they're trying to sell on the Vendor because it looks like it was either bought, or the vendor owner removed it, so I bought one from the Tailor Shop exact copy that they were trying to sell.

This is the Fake one

This is the real one, they'll have 1st Year Leather Dye Tub on it

You probably won't ever see a Neon Dye Tube sell for 100 million either, like you won't find Ethy Cloaks for 5 mil that people try to scam others with to. I did buy mine for 175 million (Which is still 25-100 million lower then usual), it was pretty cheap because I bought it from a long time friend. I wouldn't recommend buying a Neon Dye Tub without a trusted broker (That you both trust and agree on, make sure its not "Their Personal One") or a really trusted
friend. Same goes with Ethy clothing, I'll only buy with a trusted broker or a trusted friend. Unless they have it ON the vendor. For Example....

Ethy Cloaks are worth anywhere from 50-125 mil (From my experience), you'll defiantly not be able to buy one for 5.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like to add on more comment here. Just because the Leather Dye Tub says that it is 1st year does not make it a "Neon" dye tub. I have one of the bugged 1st Year Leather Dye Tubs that only dyes cloth, but it dyes the cloth the colors that are only available through the Leather Dye Tub menu. So, make sure that the tub is "Neon" color and 1st Year and you should be good to go. Of course a trusted broker is always the best way to go!

D

DVI

I would just like to add on more comment here. Just because the Leather Dye Tub says that it is 1st year does not make it a "Neon" dye tub. I have one of the bugged 1st Year Leather Dye Tubs that only dyes cloth, but it dyes the cloth the colors that are only available through the Leather Dye Tub menu. So, make sure that the tub is "Neon" color and 1st Year and you should be good to go. Of course a trusted broker is always the best way to go!
Thats b/c the exploit that was used to create "neon leather dye tubs" had several steps. Whoever created yours did not complete all the steps, although that is not to say that every attempt to create a neon leather tub succeeded, many were actually failures.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
last time i ran thru all of luna on atl, i saw 2 vendors selling fake ethy clothing