• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions

G

Is there anyone on sonoma that even play in the factions? Just kind of interested in it but if no one plays them then there is no point.

T

Trinsauce

I believe YAD is still messin around with factions... But that's about it...

I recall a thread about factions going on, on Atlantic right now... If I remember correctly Atlantic was inviting any and all players from other shards to bring chars there and have a huge faction war... If anyone has any info on this please feel free to add...

I

imported_Viper09

The only real factions going on are the TB. All others are pretty much dead right now.

G

ok let me ask this is there an iterrest in factions on sonoma. It seem that the only way that they are going to become a fun thing to do is for people to start playing them I did put one of my char in the true brits. I don't know just something different to do other than fighting the same monster or the same peps at the gate... If your interested in it may pic one and join and lets see how it goes.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

ok let me ask this is there an iterrest in factions on sonoma. It seem that the only way that they are going to become a fun thing to do is for people to start playing them I did put one of my char in the true brits. I don't know just something different to do other than fighting the same monster or the same peps at the gate... If your interested in it may pic one and join and lets see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there done that... Truth is, we're not playing in a time where people didn't mind a little stat loss... Now days the reason factions isn't popular anymore is simply cause the people don't want to wait 20 mins to get out of stat... Reason being the fight has prolly already gone elsewhere... Plain and simple... Unfortunately...

I rather enjoy factions...

I

imported_Peppermace

Aww come on give it a shot :p I ran with SL with my thief for a while and it was some good fun. Think of it as guaranteed pvp events every three days only you lose less insurance. It wasn't boring either. Watching the sigils for twelve hours can be impossible with only three or four people in a faction though on a small shard like this... maybe they should tailor the control time to each shards population. Anywho, even though TB will mop the floor with Keyana Lock most rounds, I have fun with it and I know the people I was playing with had fun with it... why not just give it a try? YAD would probably like a little action now and then.

T

Trinsauce

We've tried this many many times... The problem is simple... While YAD would like some pumpkins on their screen, we actually don't get to see any on our end if ya catch my drift... They're primarily stealthers... so in all honesty what's the use...

When factions were going strong there was maybe 2 or 3 stealthers at any given time... Not a whole guild of em...

Dunno bout u but it's not fun at all having noone to fight cause they juss sneak right past u hidden...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if i may reply for YAD

im just trying to think how many AYD guys run stealthers..... out of my 3 just my thief is a stealther.

i know ther other fella in YAD runs one thief, other then that his other 2 guys dont have stealth.

by and large i think we all have one thief then 1 or 2 other toons.
so its not ALL stealthers.

but yes, we do play our thieves pretty good.
comes from getting our asses handed to us on our fighters, hehehe.

factions on sonoma is currentlly as dead as it has been for the last few years.
with the odd blip of fun.

ATL is active with that big factions war.

legends has a snotty war going on.
lots of killing going on there.
GL was the best place to go for faction fights.
but as of recent like i hear it died off hard.

i think anyone who is getting itchy nipples over playing in factions are waiting for the coming changes.
in truth it wont mean much to our small shard.
all the guilds here are too small for it to matter to us.
but the big shards might get some insaine actions due to the coming changes.

at any rate, come, play with us.
maybe give us a few days notice, we will have to oil up our walkers and wheelchairs and get the nurses to roll us out to the sun room so we can play.

oh, and if you want action in factions on sonoma, dont go TB, that is where YAD is.
go into one of the other 3 factions and chuck THEN we can play!

G

HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

oh boo hoo hoo stat loss hurts my head! what are we ever to do! whaa whaa whaa!!!!!!!!

hey I'll pass on a secrete from the rocking chair, its called warfare, war games, ya know where there are lulls in the battle, and people use that grey stuff lodged between their ears. I know, I know its hard to deal with, but what's an uber leet player to do these days...

I

imported_Peppermace

LOL hey guys, save it for the battlefield. The question here was if factions are active enough to interest this potential OJ. I, for one say yeah, come give it a go. Obviously theres enough fire between players to roast a boar, so join the fun. If you hate it, the worst you have to lose is three days of quit time :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you hate it, the worst you have to lose is three days of quit time :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're going to get a few more takers since the patch.

T

TrustMeInc

<blockquote><hr>

HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

oh boo hoo hoo stat loss hurts my head! what are we ever to do! whaa whaa whaa!!!!!!!!

hey I'll pass on a secrete from the rocking chair, its called warfare, war games, ya know where there are lulls in the battle, and people use that grey stuff lodged between their ears. I know, I know its hard to deal with, but what's an uber leet player to do these days...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more then just stat loss in factions. Lots of bugs also...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
lots'o bugs.

i see from the patch notes that they arnt even LOOKING at any of the bugs either.

shame.

G

At least factions is getting a once over. How longs it been? heh

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its nice its getting SOME attention.
would be nice to get all the old merchant stuff up and working and stuff like that