• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Revamp

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not borrow some ideas from that "other Mythic" game Dark Age of Camelot? It is still single-handedly the best PvP game ever made, people still talk about it.

Either add or "rework" an existing land large enough with keeps and towers and such to take over and fight for and allow faction guilds to fly their faction's banners for keeps/towers. You could even just put them all over Britannia by reworking some of the buildings already there. You would get rank experience for successfully defending your faction's keeps/towers and all in the area would get them. Random kills may get you a point here and there, but this would be where the big money is. Some of my most memorable PvP in UO was over territory; I mean EPIC battles that went on for HOURSSSSS!!! Get back to that. Territorial wars!!!! Camping Yew gate has become the "it" thing... that's so boring.

Take away faction items and replace them with "faction skills"... people get points for ranks they earn, they spend those points on skills. Like the Realm Point system in DAOC, the higher your rank the more points you have. Obviously faction items are a problem, so I say add new skills that are only available to faction members. Craftable armor would be better or equal to some of the stuff currently used. Faction Imbuers would be the only ones that could imbue for the special faction skills. There would be special "faction armor" on craftable menus. They leave factions, they can't access these skills and they don't work in Trammel. If they switch a faction, their skill points are instantly reset to 0 and the points are given back. Each faction could have different skill lines. And points should definitely decay. Silver? Sure. Mounts, potions, etc. USABLE supplies only... not permanent items.

My worthless .02 cents.

~ Sue.

Last edited:

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I'd like to hear more on the subject. I've been reading through a lot of the folks and liked those idea. I think however we should get back to the "territorial wars" that made Factions so great. :)