• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Factions News] As posted by Draconi on UHall.

G

As JC posted in another thread, these initial changes are structural, and aimed at enabling better participation in factions.

The following changes are slated for Pub 52:

Turn off load balancing; factions can grow to any size
Allow multiple characters on the same faction, from the same account
Reduce quit time from 7 to 3 days
Fix stairs for ghosts (should resolve issues with the SL base)

Further publishes will then focus on gameplay bugs, and then enhancements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

Link

G

He stated there would be nothing major, just a few quick fixes. But yes, it is a start.

G

You'll never convince your guildies to do that. They're too attached to their kill point totals.

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

WOOOOHOOOOO WE CAAN GO BACK TO MINAX! AND MOVE TNT OUT!

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't work... then everyone would just be Minax, it wouldn't force anyone out. Besides, SL has the best base by far.

G

Yeah, the SL base is excellent, with no fewer than 4 choke points to get to the sigils.

If TB owns Britain, then Brit base is much easier to defend since they can pile guards out front. COM also has that advantage, but it's easy to sneak past the guards there.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You'll never convince your guildies to do that. They're too attached to their kill point totals.

[/ QUOTE ]

weve alrdy quit, we were minax long ago, see ya soon mates
i heard SL is open.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, the SL base is excellent, with no fewer than 4 choke points to get to the sigils.

If TB owns Britain, then Brit base is much easier to defend since they can pile guards out front. COM also has that advantage, but it's easy to sneak past the guards there.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm ask jereimiah how easy it is to get in....

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow multiple characters in the same faction from the same account? Umm what does this mean cause i've had multiple characters in the same faction ever since i went into TB.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Allow multiple characters in the same faction from the same account? Umm what does this mean cause i've had multiple characters in the same faction ever since i went into TB.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Siege? On the same account?

HAX!

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is this a hax? Where does it state that only one character of one account shall be in factions? I plee innocence!

I

imported_dexdash

well since seige only alows 1 char per account what you just said is totaly impossible

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a joke those aren't improvements they need to give a purpose behind owning towns again not this crap

I

imported_SavageSP

I agree its not an improvement, but its a sign that they are willing to do something with Factions, now we just have to get them motivated to look at our lists of proposed changes and see if we can get any of those implemented. Or for that matter get a concensous on what should be changed.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm ask jereimiah how easy it is to get in....

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats a choke point???....
i believe set up right com base is far easier to defend, just because its so much smaller.

G

Because the ppl i wanna kill are in the same faction.GO TB or COM this is where i am going.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dreamy alliance this will be.

*hugs Puffy*

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What a dreamy alliance this will be.

*hugs Puffy*

[/ QUOTE ]

you know puffys just my mule char right....so you hugged me