• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions a waste of time.

• Thread starter Black Spirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Black Spirit

Lately I have come to the conclusion that trying to get points and trying to steal sigils is a complete waste of time and effort.

This is due to one faction and its people who steal and control the sigils, preventing anyone else from even having even one sigil.

It doesnt matter how many times you steal it back its always gone by the time you have returned from work or sleep.

Dont even worry about any PVP as they can never be found to kill to get points off them either.

Faction are a total waste of time and energy until they fix factions. Fix it so that it is playable for all and just not a minority.

If this is the playing style that people want to play by, then its getting close to greifing.

Sorry to all those honest players out there that read this.

Thx

V

Vaneca

Ofc it is a waste of time, nowadays.

There are not enough players left for huge faction fights - like in the old days - and as noone really cares about sigils anymore, the entire point of playing factions is gone.

As long they are not of any significance noone will bother trying defending the sigils.

According to pvp.
Well, thats a seperate issue.
A lot of factioneers went inactive or transfered to other shards, simply because there was not much going on and tbh I guess its also because they cba to exclusively fight ganksquads of archers/stealth archers.

I dont really care about that since I play every char I want to.
Even tho I know some Archers just destroy the templates, simply because they are not based on defense, but on having fun.
And I guess we can agree on one thing, that there is nothing more boring and easier than playing an archer in pvp.
2-3 Hit kills are not my idea of pvp so I dont play archer anymore. Its just boring.

Another point "factions playable for all and not just a minority".

I dont really see what you mean by that.
Everyone can join factions and "participate" even tho there is not much to participate.

But tbh another pathetic thing is.....
Like there have been a lot of statements, that trammel-only-guys join facts, to get all the benefits and having nothing to worry about.
That´s something that should definetly change.
For example with faction fights on all facets. Therefor getting somewhat even.

But I guess thats all a matter of prospective.

R

Raconteur

I feel ya! One thing they really need to do Is shorten the timer on Sigils.
Another Is have actually owning a town worth something more than having a Breeder and a few vendors.
Maybe even shorten the time that you stay In stat.....these few things would be an improvement on the current state of things In factions.
The current Faction system Is dated,Im hoping that the Devs have something awesome In mind when they revamp Factions In the coming year.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel ya! One thing they really need to do Is shorten the timer on Sigils.
Another Is have actually owning a town worth something more than having a Breeder and a few vendors.
Maybe even shorten the time that you stay In stat.....these few things would be an improvement on the current state of things In factions.
The current Faction system Is dated,Im hoping that the Devs have something awesome In mind when they revamp Factions In the coming year.
Leave the timer for the sigils alone, when it was a 4 hour guard and 6 hours on post for months, the people that played factions ran constantly.

Would be nice if they added necro regs and a few other things with the faction vendors.

20 minutes is nothing, with all the items out there, you can still be effective even in stat. No pain, No Gain.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
would have hated to see any of you princesses play factions back when the hold timer was 24 hours!!

S

Serine

would have hated to see any of you princesses play factions back when the hold timer was 24 hours!!
Agree :) , that was the best time i hade in uo .

The one saying that owning towns would mean short statt loss time. might be on to something .

S

snowbunny024

I'm not too sure wut shard ya'll play on, LS I hope.
If not then dont worrie bout the rest, But for those that still play LS faction's. As of a few wks back we(TB) had a nice lil town fighting going on in skara. We had 6 toon's on after we did a spawn and banked a few goodies then outa no where Mnx came in to get our sigil. Mnx didnt have 6 toons, ok no biggy, but still with the 5 they had and the fact that they dropped all but 2 of us in a matter of sec's we fun as hell, atleast from my view point. So for the rest of the time 4 of us fought and defended skara while in stat. Do you really understand how hard it was fighting 3 dexxer's (archery) and 2 necro mages while in stat? It was totaly a new way for some of our toons who havent played factions for longer then 6-12 mth's.

Yeah sure since then we have had a lil bit of fight night with Mnx trying to get controll of towns and such and for that no common since fool who was in charge of our TB faction ran our silver out so we couldnt place any more broken down wasite of time guards as meatsheild's. But again it was more then likely one of their own who took over as CL of TB and ran us dry.

Let me ask a off the wall question. How does a "machince" work when no one does any maintenace on it?
Point is this. For all you non fel factions fools who get your lil guild to vote ya in and then ya farm silver to sell it, without given any of it back to the faction's need to be shot. wtf are ya thinking? I really dont want to know but damn. Ya cant have your "company" last very long if ya dont put something back into it.

Faction fighting in all area's will drop factions even further in the sewer's. Have the "so-called Trammy" faction guilds and toons drop gear outa fel or even this, If the "trammy" faction toon doesnt get a "kill" in fel then they lose dbl or triple the points for being lame. As far as the "kill", yeah yeah all they gonna do is get on the 2nd acct and kill themsel's to keep wut they think is leet.:fight::party: gear or status. I just would like to see something done on that part more then most. the "so-called Trammy" who runs around or banks sit's without doing a damn with 100's of point's. I run sigil's for TB and when needed I'll honor my team mates with points. "If its not broken dont fix it" attitude sux's. Factions have been broken for a very long time but does UO really care to help out this part of the game after seening it drop off the last few yr's? NO! they dont thats why they fix the "trammy" stuff cuz it's easier to fix and more toons play it.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Whips E-peen out onto the table*

Yeaaaaahhh. Those where the days.... Calling out of work to make sure your faction holds the sigs for the last 3 hours FTW!!!
F T F W!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your not doing anything important come sit here watch these sigils for me so I can get some sleep, If a OJ comes in wake me. Yeah I remember those days I wasn't even playing then even Nephews were.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
getting phone calls from co workers

"its your turn to watch them!"

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
getting phone calls from co workers

"its your turn to watch them!"
lol. There was this kid on Chessy who had the truancy officer come pull him away from his computer the one day. And he left his mic on while the guy and his mom were trying to drag him. It was so funny.

And yeah I had my share of my GM calling me at 4 am and telling me it was my turn, OR.. even better. "Hey its 4 AM and SL has had the sigs for 22 hours now.. you have to get on your thief and make something happen."

lolzzz.. the good ol days!

K

Kylas

You beat me too it. Thank god I left before they changed the timer. What sense of accomplishment can you possible get in 6 hours?

Hell it took me 6 hours to setup the base.

Dig

L

Lady_Mina

what greedy mofo has set tithe to 50% for Minax on Europa?!

While TB only has 10%
And Com and SL have 0%...

50% is way too much.
Doesn't quite attract new members...

10-30% is do-able.

R

RichDC

What shards do you think most people would have the least lag??

I mean, not just americans all servers.

Reason,

I had a thought, we get as many people to x-fer to said shard for an all out week long (maybe longer) faction WAR!

Try and get 100+people to do it! have 25 a side battles!

Come on...tell me that wouldnt be fun!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shards do you think most people would have the least lag??

I mean, not just americans all servers.

Reason,

I had a thought, we get as many people to x-fer to said shard for an all out week long (maybe longer) faction WAR!

Try and get 100+people to do it! have 25 a side battles!

Come on...tell me that wouldnt be fun!
Where have you been rich, we got them on Great Lakes right now, Last nite was crazy

L

Lady_Mina

Would help if you didn't actualy need stealing skill to take the sigils...

Problems is the lack of thiefs.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would help if you didn't actualy need stealing skill to take the sigils...

Problems is the lack of thiefs.
I dont know what shard you play on, but this isn't true for the most part. You can even have a little stealing and throw enough items together to have 80 stealing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing sigils is not griefing. Factions is probably not for you.
Ok you imposter you! What did you do with JC? This is not a JC response!

(Just teasing ya, JC. The OP's post vaguely reminded me of a few of yours from about two years ago.)

:p

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHAHAHA... Michelle! Never done the "call in sick" but boy there have been a lot of times I went to work with very little to no sleep! Thankfully my boss and co-workers just look at me and say "defending the seagulls again"... yes, they call them seagulls just to see if they can get me started ;)

But she is right, you have to defend... 10 hours! Takes dedication or enough people to schedule shifts.....

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HAHAHAHA... Michelle! Never done the "call in sick" but boy there have been a lot of times I went to work with very little to no sleep! Thankfully my boss and co-workers just look at me and say "defending the seagulls again"... yes, they call them seagulls just to see if they can get me started ;)

But she is right, you have to defend... 10 hours! Takes dedication or enough people to schedule shifts.....
I work at home and help my mom with her avon, and watching the little ones. but this morning I figured I'd be a smart azz so I call my mom on her cell phone, and told her *cough* *cough* I'm to sick to come to work. She told me she didn't give a rats azz to get my azz up and help her with the little ones. LOL

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I remember those days... I was in SL on Sonoma with Zarb and the rest that was fun times.... What I did was I turned the volume all the way up on my speakers and told them to ICQ me if we got raided that way the uh oh sound would wake up me and I would be in game.... Now people look at me like I am an idiot for saying I wish sigil guard times were 24 hrs.

Back before all the armor changes holding towns ment something. Now if the were add some imbuing reg vendors you will see all out WAR for control of the towns.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id be good with this if they got rid of regular guards. Isn't this what faction guards are for?