• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction traps.

C

Calibretto

Could it be possible to have an option added to the stone for the commanding lord to clear all his own traps? It's rough when the bad guys join your faction and use all your traps.

I

imported_Cardell

You used to be able to have the CL call a GM and have the GM remove the traps, but you still had to find them first. But lately they stopped doing that.

C

Calibretto

The new gm's seem to not even know what a faction trap is. let alone how to remove the traps. A simple option on the stone would be a real easy answer.

I

imported_Tina Small

Is there any possibility that the trap total that shows on the faction stone is no longer updating dynamically? I've talked to a couple of people and I think some of us are starting to wonder if something has changed and the trap total is now only being updated during server maintenance. Perhaps we need to do some testing and confirm this and if this is what's going on, add it to the bugs list.

What do you think of adding the following new CL abilities?

<ul> [*] On the faction stone in the faction stronghold, CL can see how many of his faction's traps are placed in the stronghold. (Everyone in the faction can still use the faction stone in the stronghold to see the total number of traps the faction has placed, regardless of their location.) CL also has the option to remove ALL of his faction's traps placed in the stronghold.
[*]On the town stones, the CL for the faction that controls the town can see how many traps of each type (explosion, saw, spike) his faction has placed in that town. CL also has the option to remove ALL the traps of a particular type that his faction has placed in that town. [/list]

I

imported_Cardell

No, it works fine in SL on GL, and in Minax on Atlantic.. I just checked and it updated almost instantaneously.

G

Nah, but the commanding lord should have to appoint the person(s) who can set the traps.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, but the commanding lord should have to appoint the person(s) who can set the traps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That still wouldn't help with situations where traps end up in places where you don't want them. Also wouldn't help with situations where new CL is voted in and right before the election period ended the last appointed trap-placers ran around and put down traps all over the place.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

No, it works fine in SL on GL, and in Minax on Atlantic.. I just checked and it updated almost instantaneously.

[/ QUOTE ]

It changed both for new traps being placed and for traps being taken out? (Not doubting you, just want to make sure. Hehe. And by the way, who is your faction char on GL? I haven't done anything in factions on GL in a while but wondering if I ran into you when KDL was still active.)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
<blockquote><hr>

No, it works fine in SL on GL, and in Minax on Atlantic.. I just checked and it updated almost instantaneously

[/ QUOTE ]

it only updates when traps are removed by a trap remover.

if a trap is left for the 24 hours to just rot away, then it will not show as being gone till server down (maintanance) and of course, you can not place more traps till after the server down and the trap count is reset.

this has been like this for years and years.
at least on the shards i play on.
sonoma.
atl.
baja.
pac.

K

Kylas

You got it good..

I took me 2 years to find a trap that was placed is dellucia. It was hidden way back in the tree line then they removed the city as a faction city. I think I checked every other tile in the game 10 times before thinking to recheck del.

Another one took about a year.. Someone had used a z-hack and placed it underground.

Personally I think the 24 hour time is kinda lame.. You should have to work to find traps.

Dig

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Could it be possible to have an option added to the stone for the commanding lord to clear all his own traps? It's rough when the bad guys join your faction and use all your traps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought the faction commander should be able to see all traps immediately. I think he should have to walk around and do it rather than having an option though.

Figure...if he could just clear 'em you'd get some spy who'd clear all your traps. At least if they had to walk around it would take lots of effort.

Maybe let the CL see 'em but he has to have a faction trap remover to remove them (at no risk).

C

Calibretto

Agreed.

But.....

Getting a spy elected Cl in an active faction is alot harder than just joining a tinker and placing all the traps in an out of the way location.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Agreed.

But.....

Getting a spy elected Cl in an active faction is alot harder than just joining a tinker and placing all the traps in an out of the way location.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we're agreed...all we need is a load of people who seriously play factions?

I

imported_Tina Small

You made me remember being in TB and being raided/visited over and over again by a particular thief and then his various alts while we were in the home stretch of guarding sigils. He'd always take off running towards the same alley in Brit. My poor trap remover always got a bad case of itchy fingers when that happened because we were all under strict orders to STAY IN THE BASE!! LOL

Good times.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lol. Too bad we can't place the traps in more locations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't they change it so traps only last 1 day? What is the point in having a limit on them anymore. It costs silver to make them, so if someone wants to spam 100 traps on a specific day they won't be able to the next.

G

Yeah, I think if you time it right, they'll last two days, but I never got it down.

I agree. Let us have unlimited numbers of traps and let us put them ANYWHERE. Allow all faction members to see their own faction's traps automatically.

let us use them to defend a harrower or spawn!
let us use them to defend a peerless
let us use them in annoying places like luna moongate

Also,
The saw/spike traps need to be beefed up in damage. Perhaps a small boost with a bleed or mortal effect added.

The poison traps should poison at a level defined by the crafter and limited by the poisoning skill of the tinker, with lethal poison available if the tinker has GM poisoning.