• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Thief Template

B

Bodhi

Been thinking about a template i want my thief to run with, ive seen some other faction pvp'ers / thiefs at work and decided i need a longer life span to compete on those revealing moments :lol:

I was thinking something along the likes of this :

100 tracking
100 detect hidden
90 stealth (+30 from burglar + shadow dancers) => EQ semi-proof
50 stealing (+30 from burglar + shadow dancers) => sigil worthy
120 ninjitsu (ki-rin)
100 hiding

Then maybe :
- 80 chiv / 70 bush
Or:
- 70 chiv / 80 spellweaving (pixies for quick protect)

Any pros/cons u would like to share, tips, ur own template, ...? Please do so and help a newbie faction thief out ;) Also give a reason why u chose ur template please. :thumbup1:

N

Nastia Cross

I would personally recommend having stealing higher than that in case of stat loss. I'm not exactly set on a template at the moment but I'm working with the following:

100 Hiding
100 Stealth (120 with legs and bandana)
90 Magery (for the invis with protection)
80 Stealing (110 with legs and bandana)
80 Snooping (for when i'm bored)

I had 60 ninjitsu and was working it up for wolf form but I haven't needed so I switched it out and am working on Tracking and Detect Hidden.

B

Bodhi

Yes i was considering taking the stat loss into account, but i felt that if i would do this, i'd be running with half a template, ive tried it yesterday and i felt i failed several things too much. So the intention really is to avoid the dying part hehe. I dont play a shard such as atlantic so i dont have to deal with 20 people, but it could be 1vs6 easily.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 Stealing
680-700 points in anything else you want

Put on Shadow Dancer Leggings (+20), Bracelet (+15), Ring (+15) and Burglar's Bandana (+10) when you want to steal a sigil.

A

Aia

Been thinking about a template i want my thief to run with, ive seen some other faction pvp'ers / thiefs at work and decided i need a longer life span to compete on those revealing moments :lol:

I was thinking something along the likes of this :

100 tracking
100 detect hidden
90 stealth (+30 from burglar + shadow dancers) => EQ semi-proof
50 stealing (+30 from burglar + shadow dancers) => sigil worthy
120 ninjitsu (ki-rin)
100 hiding

Then maybe :
- 80 chiv / 70 bush
Or:
- 70 chiv / 80 spellweaving (pixies for quick protect)

Any pros/cons u would like to share, tips, ur own template, ...? Please do so and help a newbie faction thief out ;) Also give a reason why u chose ur template please. :thumbup1:
Tracking - do you really need gm? As a human I can track - yes I fail a lot, but big deal when you have detect hidden.

detect hidden - gm is perfect

Stealth - you need gm. With less than gm, there's a chance at becoming revealed when you walk. Which sucks when you are behind enemy lines.

Stealing - get gm on this. It will allow you to use your faction thief outside of factions.

ninja - unless you plan to use death strike, I'd suggest dropping this down to gm. Then use lama or ozzie form.

How to stay alive as a faction thief
- wear a hit point regen suit with about 2 or 3 stam regen and good resists!!!
- always carry some pots
- always carry smoke (or egg) bombs
- having a trapped box helps too