• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Rank and Points

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction rank should change as a character's points change. If they have 10 points then they are rank 10 and if they go down to 9 points they should immediately become rank 9. The current system is slow (takes a day or until server down to update rank) and the points don't even match the rank half of the time (I have a character who has 2 points and is rank 10?). Also, this change would perhaps increase the value of obsolete "normal" artifacts. For example, if a player who has 10 points loses a point and goes to rank 9 then they won't be able to wear their rank 10 faction armor until they gain another point. Now many would complain about that but they could always just put that "normal" ornament of the magician on instead of the fancy mana regen 3 faction one until they get their points back up. Just my two cents on faction points. There definitely needs to be something changed about this old bugged out system.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing they need to change is getting tripple points so that people can't make an infinate amount of points with newbie characters.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Lets see how fast those points disappear when they add publish 58

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they don't increase the decay rate. I play factions on 10/14 characters. There isn't enough time in a day to keep them all at rank if they bump the decay rate.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rate is fine, it's the point making that's stupid.
That change wasn't needed. Now you have all these idiots that want to be on uo.com like it means something.

I'm not talking about from pvp. The people that make like 100k points just so it says their name, that's where it gets silly.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they don't increase the decay rate. I play factions on 10/14 characters. There isn't enough time in a day to keep them all at rank if they bump the decay rate.
QFT.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I don't think they should do anything with the decay rate either. It's just annoying when you shard transfer or go down a rank and then have to wait a day for your rank to be updated so that you can wear your armor again. That's my main complaint. I also think it might help if they maybe put a cap on the amount of points you can get, so that we don't get these outrageous numbers and leave the war zones in because they give players reason to faction fight and steal sigils.