• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Points & Rank not working correctly?

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild and I play on one of the smaller servers. Factions is not very active, meaning not a lot of players. We are in the Council of Mages, and even with 8 or so points, no rank change is happening. I've never even seen a player outside our guild in COM and it's not enough to atleast move 1-2 ranks?

Is there a bug, or does anyone know with any issues on why our ranks are not budging? On a server like this, it should atleast acheive a rank 9.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely 8 points on a server with very little factions, should atleast obtain rank 2, even with that. Something doesnt seem right.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why having no myuo.com is such a inconvienance. We have no idea what we even have to shoot for as far as points to even ride a faction mount. Is there anything we can do because I've never even seen someone in my faction outside of my guild in the last 2 months. Surely there couldnt be someone with that many points to where this rank system would be that impossible to get points.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild dropped factions on my home shard but I left my thief in, another guildy left their thief in too. We are the only two players in the faction that I know of but there are probably a few that haven't resigned. So at 178 punkte I am rank 3. On Atlantic my thief is Rank 10 with 73 punkte.

Selurnoraa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I honestly don't care about rank, I also don't have a problem paying 50,000 silver for an ornament *IF* it lasted its durability. I no longer bother playing a majority of the servers I built characters on because trying to upkeep a suit is impossible. I cannot justify farming 50k+ silver to make my suits functional for a server that I may play only 2-3 times during a 4 week span.

The 4 week timer needs to be removed, faction artifacts need to go back to lasting til they are out of durability. Obviously the original design with the powder off the faction vendor didn't work, but instead of make some stupid 4 week timer that should be fixed so everytime they are repaired they lose 50 durability. I also like to have my characters look stylin, now its just a waste of dye charges to try and get my character to look the way I like =(

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just remember that way before they showed the patch notes of the previous patches, I am the 1st and only person who stepped up and tell them not to implement these two patches. Because I know that more people will quit faction and also will lead to accounts get inactive due to this.

There is nothing wrong with the factions pre- Pub 75. Almost everyone in factions have the chance to wear same level of artifacts to battle in pvp. All enjoy the pvp in cross shards or home shards in factions. After they implemented the stupid point change, originally people with 10+ characters suited with faction arties no longer can and only could focus on 1 - 2 or 3 characters by imbue/reforge + combination of lower level afs.

Now after this stupid 4 weeks and 50k silvers publish going in, the people who could stick with combination of lower level afs also decided to quit, because honestly, who would freakin pay 10k silver for full suit of af for 1 month for 1 character.

Whoever designed this faction system honestly do not know how to play UO and doesnt have ANY single idea on faction. Honestly, which I have stated over 10 times, if UO faction is designed by me, I am confidence to say that 90%+ of the majority will enjoy being in factions even those who DO NOT like pvp will join factions. Because factions doesnt necessary mean PVP. It can be everything, its part of the world and part of what people chooses in their path; whether they are be a smith/tailor, newbie etc..

Thus will increase the player base and accounts activation in UO overall. Too bad, they never take my advice and this ends to the downfall of faction.

Oh yea, now they think of another brand new (old) system ORDER & CHAOS and decided to delete faction. WAY TO GO on a dope way to solve factions problem. HAHAHA... very disappointed honestly.

UO is a great game overall on the PVM part, but for this PVP part and factions part, I will give it a 1/10. That 1 point is the effort and time they think of those original ideas of 4 factions battling each others. That's it. Nothing else is good. Steal sigils, etc.. arent bright idea at all in these days. Way back when factions got 1000000000000 ppl, steal sigils could be fun, but it honestly doesnt serve any purpose at all besides for newbies to get free points (if no one bother to steal back in that 10 hours of course) on buying 4 weeks af... pfft.. what a joke.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This reply from Bleak does not seem to make any sense unless older ranked players are still maintaining rank whilst not even being an active sub. On Napa there are a few CoM players of which I am one, though our guild shows lots of members only a select few actually play, yet no one can rank above 1 no matter what that person gets for points. As far as I am aware minax, the other larger faction, has the same issue even though they steal sigils but still can't rank.

WTF is this?