• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Points Bug?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't recall if this was part of the new points system. But while playing my thief that doesnt have any points, I died and lost 4 points to the killer? How is this even possible?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your thief had 0 points and now your -4?

i know that once you get over 10 you loose a % just like always, but i didnt know you could give more then 1 point if you have under 10.

i guess the good news is you cap at -5 if that helps any?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it goes by rank. Which sucks, since rank updates slowly. You can continue to lose rank 10 points throughout a faction fight, even after dropping well below rank 10 point levels.

Did you have a bugged rank? I know, in the past, I've had quite a few characters at -6 holding a rank of 8.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies. The thief was a defender with 0 points, so I think those coordinated. I havent used him to get any sigils or kills in a few years. I looked in the journal when he died and it said you have lost 4 points for being vanquished blah blah.

Pretty sure this isn't correct. Though Im not even sure it's worth reporting.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of losing 10% you lose points based on rank. So even if you only have 1 point and you're rank 1, you will lose 4 points.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime I login my rank changes. Once day I'm rank 4, next I'm rank 5. Then back to 4. No idea wth is going on.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excerpt from the Publish 77 notes (July 11, 2012 at http://uo.com/article/Publish-770-Comes-All-Shards-0711):

Faction Point Distribution Update:
  • Faction kill points will now be distributed based on involvement in faction fighting. Players can earn points through dealing damage, taking damage, and healing damage when opposing faction members successfully kill someone in an opposing faction.
  • Points are awarded based on rank of the victim killed:
    • Ranks 1 - 3 are worth 4 points.
    • Ranks 4 - 6 are worth 8 points.
    • Ranks 7 - 9 are worth 12 points.
    • Rank 10 is worth 16 points.
  • The amount of kill points taken from the victim is based on their faction rank when killed or 10% of their current points whichever is highest. Players in stat loss will be worth 1 point or 10% of their current points whichever is highest.
  • Awarded points are divided between the participating characters in the kill:
    • The killer will receive 40% of awarded points.
    • The remaining 60% of awarded points is divided amongst the killer and all assisters.(Max 4 assisters)
    • Eligible participants will receive 40 silver for each kill.
  • The most deficit points any faction member can have is now 12.
  • Siege – Faction kill points will now be awarded on all facets in addition to victims receiving stat loss penalty.
Maybe you still had deficit points that could be taken, Berethrain? I think you used to only go to -4 or -6, something like that, but now it says you can go to -12.

Yeah, that'd be it then. I pull my hair out thinking how badly factions have been ran into the ground. I dont ever recall asking for a new points system.

When people asked for the ranking system to be fixed, they wanted the existing one to work. I just don't get it...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy hell thats been in the game for 7 months and i didnt even know it, hahahha

and wow does that look like it sucks!
is there any worse insult then dieing but dieing with 0 kill points and then loosing 4 points on top of that UBER sucks, haha

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I guess that makes at least 2 of us. Not that I really care, but a head scratcher either way. I'm pulling the rest of my characters out now, seems pointess to eat a random statloss in a gank.