• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Gear

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the way I see it, Siege was Item dependent when I came here.

I used to think that we needed to get rid of as much of the Artifact-Minor/Major/Doom type items to achieve some sort of balance, that cant and wont be done.

The way to get more people out fighting is to put as much high end gear out there as possible, so it balances things as much as possible. So when you die, you can replace your stuff with high end gear and get back on the Field and have a chance.
Otherwise people wont come out unless they have a number majority, run only Stealth or Pets or Nakid or just dont want to Log on at all.

I believe the Devs wanted to revitalize Factions, and get people out of the Guard Zone Yelling Guards every 5 seconds.......
I hate Stat as much as anyone, but if you can still fight,distract you can help, or you become a designated healer if you have regs to do so. If you cant help, you have Time to re-equip.

So did the Faction Items make the Shard Item dependent??? Nope it was ALWAYS Item Dependent, If your running crap 8 hci jewels,2-3 mod weapons, and low resist armor you gave up before you even went out to fight, cause your an easy Kill and you arnt gonna kill anyone.

You still have to have decent armor pieces(Misc arties/Runic/Enhanced/or High 1-2 resists GM) and Decent Jewels to complete a Faction Suit, so its not like no other Items are needed anymore.

We've always had people who had Time/Gold/Cash to buy or farm for the best Gear-Arties/Runic to run, they will still have more stuff then anyone else.
Other people play moderately and will have less, and those that only play a few hours less still. As long as they have enough to fight without farming 10 days to fight 1.

The Idea is to work for your stuff but easy enough to get, so a lot can get out and learn to fight, learn the game, learn how to put a suit together and stop hiding behind a Guardzone,House,Pet, and huge Zergs.

Drop the Rate to 1X silver, drop the "Owner" and Faction Specific if need be, but get the stuff out there and we will have people to fight and not getting mad cause they lost a 70Ksilver suit or 2 Million gold suit and have run out of gear to compete heads up out in the open.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AAhhhh...I see. Someone disagree's with you and somehow they lack your stellar knowledge and logic. It must be a wonderful thing to believe oneself is always correct and live in that sheltered environment.
I have no problem admitting I'm wrong... do you?

Let me explain why I feel you would see more people fighting. People are scared to lose their very expensive and hard to find Faction arties. People trash them, lock them down or charge a ridiculus ransom to get them back. They pancake and cry on the forums daily about buying them back or not having the opportunity to get them returned. The also complain about having to farm for days to get a full mage suit.
Let me explain why you are wrong.

Siege was just as you're suggesting it before they put this faction stuff in and it was still a problem.

If the items are easy to come by... then why would people be scared to lose them? That goes for regular items as well that you find in doom, peerless, so on...

If we had ToTs turned on, DFs that dropped an arty every time, Peerless that dropped many more ingredients, more ML arties and high intensity items, as well as Treasure Chests that had good loot, dungeons with high level mobs (such as ancient wyrms) who dropped good loot... we wouldn't have this problem!!! This game would be fun for all. Monster hunters would be out hunting monsters and selling the items on their vendors. PvPers would be buying them (at a reasonable price) and PvPing with GOOD gear!!! PKs would be patroling hunting spots often!!! Thieves would have more stuff to steal as people would actually carry multiple weapons, multiple good items because they wouldn't be scared to use them.

And finally... if they allowed crafters to customize the runic pieces they made... holy hell.

Siege would actually be balanced... and have some kind of semblance to old UO... where we had this!!!

AoS and this item insurance system has really twisted things up for this shard. This shard doesn't have insurance and therefore the eternity grind that we have on prodo-shards to get the pieces for our suits... is well... not for us.

Trust me... this is a good thing.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way to get more people out fighting is to put as much high end gear out there as possible, so it balances things as much as possible. So when you die, you can replace your stuff with high end gear and get back on the Field and have a chance.

Otherwise people wont come out unless they have a number majority, run only Stealth or Pets or Nakid or just dont want to Log on at all.
BINGO!

E

eurin

I'm new around here, and now I'm curious. How exactly does he justify a super dragon? There is just absolutely no risk but plenty of reward.

I previously played before this current item system. I'm pretty disappointed in the attachment to items there currently is. You use to not think twice about leaving your house. A death just meant grabbing another pack you have prepared in the house (gm leather, gm wep, bandges etc). There was a moderate advantage to using powerful weapons, like supremely accurate vanquishing, but big risk in taking those out for a spin.

We need a system that gets people out of their houses again. We shouldn't have a community of only tamers, stealthers, or gangbangers. Cheap factions items is ok, but I rather see a system that helps everyone. It would also be nice to get the crafters involved. What do you guys think that would take, more prevalent runics?

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People crying about faction items being un fair because they are to scared to give up there Guard Zones makes me smile.

Maybe Siege is not for you people... There are other worlds out there with a Gump called Trammel on the Gate.
And how is this any different than whining about faction buybacks and boo hoo it's 5x? Why don't you go the moongate with a trammel gump and then instead of selecting 'siege bless.' select 'insure item.' Then all your items will stay with you.

If someone doesn't want to play factions because they casually PvP or aren't interested in getting ganked while banking/etc, then that's their choice. They shouldn't be forced to join factions to get 'welfare arties.'

Additionally I have a very limited amount of time to play each day, why would I want to risk having a sixth to a third of my play time removed because I'm in stat? 20 minutes is too long, it should be reduced to 5-10, but that's another topic.

The problem is no-one acknowledges that someone else's playstyle is valid. Everyone thinks their way is the ONLY way to play and anyone who doesn't play that way is either a non-factor, a trammy, or a turd. Good luck on getting that coming together.

I have to agree with Kelmo, get rid of the faction items, maybe replace them with either a return and increased drop rate of the cursed arties or being able to buy cursed arties with faction silver at the same or slightly reduced rate. Then at least they're lootable by anyone, can be worn by anyone [change faction dye to allow either faction to wear either color], and all the boo hoo faction buyback cry goes away.

N

Nickster

Either faction.... Are there only 2 now? last time i was in Factions there were 4!!

T

Tairon

I like farming the farmers, so don't change anything other than put the cost in silver down to a more reasonable rate. It is good to get the odd scrap outside Lunacy. I also enjoy the revenue from sell backs.
I resisted faction play for years, but have to now admit that with the right team around you, it can be quite fun.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Siege was just as you're suggesting it before they put this faction stuff in and it was still a problem.

If the items are easy to come by... then why would people be scared to lose them? That goes for regular items as well that you find in doom, peerless, so on...

If we had ToTs turned on, DFs that dropped an arty every time, Peerless that dropped many more ingredients, more ML arties and high intensity items, as well as Treasure Chests that had good loot, dungeons with high level mobs (such as ancient wyrms) who dropped good loot... we wouldn't have this problem!!! This game would be fun for all. Monster hunters would be out hunting monsters and selling the items on their vendors. PvPers would be buying them (at a reasonable price) and PvPing with GOOD gear!!! PKs would be patroling hunting spots often!!! Thieves would have more stuff to steal as people would actually carry multiple weapons, multiple good items because they wouldn't be scared to use them.

And finally... if they allowed crafters to customize the runic pieces they made... holy hell.

Siege would actually be balanced... and have some kind of semblance to old UO... where we had this!!!

AoS and this item insurance system has really twisted things up for this shard. This shard doesn't have insurance and therefore the eternity grind that we have on prodo-shards to get the pieces for our suits... is well... not for us.

Trust me... this is a good thing.[/QUOTE

I would agree with you BR if ToT and doom/high end loot/tmap drops were at your proposed levels. Then the difference in gear between suited out factioner and suited out non factioner wouldn't be quite as drastic. More people out hunting, more people to hunt and much more balanced pvp.

I do ask this tho....if everyone had an opportunity to suit up with artifacts and high end gear here on Siege why play on Siege?? Why not test center where more people can be found to pvp with. What real advantage would there be to sticking it out on Siege.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You Edited that, so it says something completely different then what was said, go back and read it again, and post your own thoughts.
Yes, that I did.
However, it wasn´t done to mess with your post. I just used that particularly part to show how I felt about them.

I´m sorry if it has caused any problems.

Here is the complete sentence:

Either the Gear shouldn't be here, or it should be reduced to the 1X Rate so we don't have PvPers Farming for 20 Hours to build one Suit they get Ganked out of in 30 Seconds and then not returning to the Field till they get more Gear.

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didnt cause any problems, someone just pooed in my post toasties and i got all twitchy and stuffs.......

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still buying peoples items and trashing them Krystal? That is what I heard anyway... * cough* *cough*

She quits factions and buy other peoples loot and trashes it! pretty cool huh?
why do u spread lies like this? i wouldn't wast my GP on ur crap. i hardly even play the game anymore

u and ur false dramas make me laugh. ur so sad

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also agree with kelmo, they should toss this faction crap out. they should turn the minor arti drop rate back up. this will give people more areas to farm, reduce time, and pkers will have people to hunt down again. this will make tailors and smiths more valuable again.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why do u spread lies like this? i wouldn't wast my GP on ur crap. i hardly even play the game anymore

u and ur false dramas make me laugh. ur so sad

*looks at watch*... Yep it's storytime...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks at watch*... Yep it's storytime...
Treat people they way you want to be treated. This has nothing to do with me since I dont play siege anymore. But you guys are the ones up here crying so, Start being part of the solution vs being part of the problem.

Im sure its goign to be turned into a flame about what ive done. But this isnt about me, this is about Siege and the current players left playing. Stop being asshats to each other and start playing like adults. Give items back for free and you will have fights not people pvping on the boards and crying it isnt fair I have to farm!!!

srsly like when are people going to realize.... the devs are going to just hit a button and make the shard populated again with all these things people want added/fixed/changed ect. YOU ARE RESPONSIBILE FOR YOUR OWN COMMUNITYS DESTINY. If you guys choose not to man/woman up and become accounttable for ur actions. You will most likely see the demise of the game you all say you play for fun and love. Goodluck I hope my words arent taken out of context again.

My fan bois seem to do that alot ( thanks kat I finally know what you mean by it :p )

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying back Suits is cool, giving them back is great, but no matter what there is always going to be someone or some guild screwin the pooch.

If you have numbers and Game Skill, you might be able to hold on to your Suit for Days or Weeks, and maybe even get lucky and buy it back when you fail.

For the rest of us Below Average/Average/and Above Average Players who either run solo, out numbered, out skilled, or out gearded, keeping a Suit for a few hours, or an entire night is a Great Day.

If you like fighting the same 10 people over and over when they actually log on and massacring every other random player you see, have at it. If you want to see people fighting then they have to at least stand a chance, otherwise theyll be stealthed or toting a pet if they even log on or come out of the house.

With one account logged on attended there are 2 spots that make about 6K(+-) Silver per hour and the rest are about 2500-3000 per hour without being raided. At the current 5x silver rate the best you can do is 3-4 Rank 1 Items for 3 Hours Farming Silver, not gold and Items just Silver. Farming the Higher Rank Items is even worse, even at 1X it would take awhile to build up a stock of pieces when you lose your stuff a lot.

If you had millions of Silver stockpiled or have other methods of farming huge amounts of silver, good for you. Most of us dont or wont, I like most am limited to a few hours a night and most of the weekend, I want to Fight and Compete un stealthed without a pet, but Im not gonna farm all week to lose my crap to a dismount zerg or run GM only and crap jewels. Id rather PVP insured, PVM or go be a Hally mage on the free shard I was on before I came back.

This shard has lost so many good PVPers and people that might have been good because they couldnt maintain Gear,or were always getting dismounted or all killed, at least the Stuipid "Faction Gear" they put in gives you some survivability and if it was as Cheap as Prodo you might have a chance to maintain some stock and be out there fighting.

You can say im crying about having to farm, Im crying about having to farm all the damn time, if you wanna leave 2 comps running afk 24/7 have at it, im not gonna do it and most wont, id rather farm afkers stealthed attended.

I dont like how the Devs set it up, but its here, and the only "Easy" fix is the rate, you know damn well they wont do anything that requires them to change alot of Code.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also agree with kelmo, they should toss this faction crap out. they should turn the minor arti drop rate back up. this will give people more areas to farm, reduce time, and pkers will have people to hunt down again. this will make tailors and smiths more valuable again.
QFT

SavageSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to see both, they arnt gonna work a lot of Coding just for us, Im just trying to keep it simple, they arnt going to do anything that requires effort.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Trust me... this is a good thing.
I would agree with you BR if ToT and doom/high end loot/tmap drops were at your proposed levels. Then the difference in gear between suited out factioner and suited out non factioner wouldn't be quite as drastic. More people out hunting, more people to hunt and much more balanced pvp.

I do ask this tho....if everyone had an opportunity to suit up with artifacts and high end gear here on Siege why play on Siege?? Why not test center where more people can be found to pvp with. What real advantage would there be to sticking it out on Siege.
Because it's felucca? Because this isn't prodo where you run to trammel... where real risk versus reward? Because more people would enjoy this shard.

The whole point of Siege...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link to a post where you admitted you were wrong? :)
You can feel free sifting through my thousands of posts if you want to prove how far you can insert your foot in your mouth.

Because I'm not wrong often means... what?

Oh...

now link to a post where you actually post something worth reading.