• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FACTION DUNGEON

L

Lord Strahd

Ive mentioned it in another post, but I think this could be what factions needs right now to get the player base in factions.

Lets have a dungeon only faction players can get into. Make it have realy good loot in there, or resources only usable to factions.

How about the door is controlled by the winning faction. This will make people want to get in the fight if they only way in is to get in the battle. Also this thins out the winning faction because some will be in the dungeon.

Lots of things to think about here...so LETS GET IT ON!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No thnx, im not gunna play in factions to PVM. kthnx

Faction arties in trammel is a problem as it is.

L

Lord Strahd

No thnx, im not gunna play in factions to PVM. kthnx

Faction arties in trammel is a problem as it is.
I would hope you would play factions because its fun... and fighting over a meaningful contested area in my opinion would be fun. Maybe there is some PvM in the dungeon, however it will helpfuly make your characters even better or more distinguished when your are pvping.

Faction arties in trammel is a problem huh? Why are they killing trammies or something?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like is aid, im not here to pvm, or dungeon crawl in the "faction dungeon" there are so many more great ideas out there that take care of things, thetre are plenty of dungeons in this game no one goes to anymore, feel free to visit them.

L

Lord Strahd

So if all your trying to do is shut down the idea, then I propose coming up with some better ideas on how to juice up the factions, and get more people out playing in them.

I play on chessy and the factions are dead as a door nail. People will get over the cosmetic changes of this publish realy fast without some substantial changes that fix the broke state that the system is in now.

The point of the dungeon is not to pvm, its to give the sigil control some meaning. It could open up other doors too. Crafting could be tied to it for instance.

Here is a hypothetical scene if you will.

If this dungeon has materials in it that can only be obtained by being in a faction and fighting for the way inside the dungeon. This will draw people to factions especialy if those materials are worth having. It a solid way for players to affect the world in a meaningful way. Edit: Said crafters could take these materials only obtainable from the dungeon and make things out of them. This also takes care of botters than farm because they run the risk of the bot getting killed. The dungeons are not safe by no means, opposite factions players could be running around in them.

This isnt a new idea...maybe to this game ...but this isnt reiventing the wheel. Many other games have used this idea and it works.

But lets forget about the dungeon idea for a minute. This idea could be applied to many other things. Someone in another thread suggested controlable mines in the player towns. Its very similar to my idea with the dungeon.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if all your trying to do is shut down the idea, then I propose coming up with some better ideas on how to juice up the factions, and get more people out playing in them.

I play on chessy and the factions are dead as a door nail. People will get over the cosmetic changes of this publish realy fast without some substantial changes that fix the broke state that the system is in now.

The point of the dungeon is not to pvm, its to give the sigil control some meaning. It could open up other doors too. Crafting could be tied to it for instance.

Here is a hypothetical scene if you will.

If this dungeon has materials in it that can only be obtained by being in a faction and fighting for the way inside the dungeon. This will draw people to factions especialy if those materials are worth having. It a solid way for players to affect the world in a meaningful way. Edit: Said crafters could take these materials only obtainable from the dungeon and make things out of them. This also takes care of botters than farm because they run the risk of the bot getting killed. The dungeons are not safe by no means, opposite factions players could be running around in them.

This isnt a new idea...maybe to this game ...but this isnt reiventing the wheel. Many other games have used this idea and it works.

But lets forget about the dungeon idea for a minute. This idea could be applied to many other things. Someone in another thread suggested controlable mines in the player towns. Its very similar to my idea with the dungeon.

feel free to visit the other factions forums, ive made about 50 posts..

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive mentioned it in another post, but I think this could be what factions needs right now to get the player base in factions.

Lets have a dungeon only faction players can get into. Make it have realy good loot in there, or resources only usable to factions.

How about the door is controlled by the winning faction. This will make people want to get in the fight if they only way in is to get in the battle. Also this thins out the winning faction because some will be in the dungeon.

Lots of things to think about here...so LETS GET IT ON!
Yeah.. a faction only grinder.. **** yeah.

L

Lord Strahd

This is not the other forum and im not digging for you junk....you want to prove a point then bring it and dont cop out.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Faction arties in general are unnecessary!!!
agreed. i wouldn't mind seeing them as the regular arties, without the bonsues tho. Giving a reward for pvp, to people who do not want to go farm arties in doom and such.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not the other forum and im not digging for you junk....you want to prove a point then bring it and dont cop out.
I have nothing to prove you you, i have made several suggesstions and ideas in the Dev's faction threads, and i don't care to lay them all out to you in your own thread. if you are curious about what i've had to say, contribute to their threads.

L

Lord Strahd

ahh you dont want to post in my thread, im heart broken....no broccoli for you :danceb:

Maybe just go back to their thread and kiss up some more then.