• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Changes on Test Center

G

What I have found so far:

- Joining multiple characters in same faction works
- Beneficial acts in Trammel facets still applies
- Still no faction id after your name
- Stat loss is not account wide, it is character specific

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they say they were going to change these? I'd like to see account wide stat loss.

G

No. The beneficial acts and faction tag after name were requested. I just wanted to make it clear that they were not implemented. I especially don't like how murderers can disguise their orange status because you can no longer see their faction status without clicking on them.

For example I was running a sigil and went past a red sitting in his house near Trinsic moongate. To my surprise he was waiting for me inside Minax base. If I had seen his faction tag I would have been ready for him.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

JC, I'm trying to get a few chars equipped to help with testing there. Some of the things I think we need to be sure to test are the following:

- Trying to join different factions with various characters on the same account.

- Adding a whole guild to factions, with the guild containing several characters that are on the same account. Think we can throw together enough characters to put together a guild of more than 200 characters?

- Going through the quit process with just one character on an account that has multiple characters in factions to make sure that the quitting process doesn't boot out the other characters.

- Having a guild leader quit factions to make sure all characters leave the faction in three days.

- Making sure that the quit process finishes in three days. And after your character is out, checking to make sure you can join a faction again.

- Making sure that while one character on an account is quitting factions, all other non-quitting characters on the same account can still access the faction stone, run for office, steal and transport sigils.

- Voting in an election and confirming only one vote can be cast per account.

- Confirming that only one character per account can rune for office.

- Making sure ghosts can now get out of the SL base.

We need more people to help with this AND we need to find out how long this is going to be on Test Center before it goes live.

I

imported_Tina Small

The steps in the SL base were a breeze to use with a ghost!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina let me know when you on TC1, I will try and get over there on a character to help out

I

imported_Tina Small

Okay, Arabella. I made up about 6-7 extra LRC suits and 4 extra faction rune books. I'll try and catch you in ICQ and see if you want one set this morning. I didn't put any characters in factions yet because I'm waiting to see if anyone wants to try to start a super-guild (i.e., one with over 200 chars in it) and attempt to put it in factions. I think we need to do that plus try some smaller guilds and experimenting with dropping them out. Would sure like to know how long this is going to be on test center before it goes live so we could plan a little better.

I have to work today so I don't expect to be on again until after 7 pm ET this evening.

Note: I did see someone riding a Minax war horse (at least I think it was a war horse) near the Brit bank last night. No idea how they did that and am assuming someone has all the sigils in one of the bases because there were none in the towns and all the sigil posts were white. I also noticed discarded faction robes at all the sign-up stones. Decay seemed to have been turned off at some point last night, though, so I don't know how long the robes I saw were on the ground.

I just checked and still no teleporter from Trinsic to Magincia, so if folks want to go COM, they'll have to take a boat to get there or bum a rune from someone who's already been there.

I

imported_Tina Small

Well sigils are back in the towns on TC1 and I'm guessing SL corrupted them because the posts are black.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well sigils are back in the towns on TC1 and I'm guessing SL corrupted them because the posts are black.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I wonder why that happened. Oh I know: 10 hour corruption timer.

I

imported_Tina Small

JC, are you planning on trying to put a large guild into factions on TC1 to test out that change? If yes, have you gotten enough bodies to do it with yet? Let us know please if you need more characters.

G

No I wasn't. But perhaps some people would like to try out factions because of the upcoming publish. But since the sigils were all corrupted they can't. The 10 hour corruption timer strikes again, ruining even faction testing.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

No I wasn't. But perhaps some people would like to try out factions because of the upcoming publish. But since the sigils were all corrupted they can't. The 10 hour corruption timer strikes again, ruining even faction testing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, lets not go there. They can still participate in a day or so. No biggy. Really man, check out GL. Those guys do it right. There is nothing wrong with the timer.

G

In a day or so? Don't you even know that it lasts 3 days? This publish might be deployed by then.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought that things were accelerated on TC, perhaps the timer for the sigils is as well

I

imported_Tina Small

Arabella and I checked a few things tonight and so far haven't seen any problems.

- I set up a guild and put chars from several accounts in it and joined a faction. Guild leader got the following messages (nothing new here): "Your guild is now joining the faction." "You have been granted a robe which signifies your faction" And two repeats of: "You are now joining a faction:" followed by the name of the faction. A guild member that was online at the time got the messages, "You have been granted a robe which signifies your faction." "You are now joining a faction:" followed by the name of the faction. A guild member that was not online got the message upon login: "You have been granted a robe which signifies your faction." No message about which faction was joined; however that information can be obtained from looking at the guild roster. All chars in the guild also received faction robes in their backpacks.

- I had one of the guilded characters try to leave factions and got the expected result, i.e., a message at the stone saying, "You cannot quit the faction because you are not the guild master." I booted her from the guild and then she quit the faction and got the message, "You will be removed from the faction in 3 days." I made a note of the time and will check later to see if she actually gets out at that time and see if she can rejoin and also check to make sure the other chars on the same account that are in factions can still do stuff like access the guild stone.

- I used another character on the same second account to try to join a different faction and got this message: "You cannot join this faction because you've already declared your allegiance to another."

Final note: It's always such a treat (heavy sarcasm) to run into some folks on Test Center. Having to put up with their behavior and foul language is a real deterrent to wanting to put in the effort to test stuff. I have some particularly rude language we encountered tonight documented in screen shots but I doubt it will do any good passing it on. It's pretty obvious from the character names on TC that people get away with that no one is monitoring anything there.