• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Alliances

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me start out by saying that Minax, Shadowlords, True Britains and Council of Mages are hostile towards each other. I am in TB.

So, just 5min ago I popped to Fire Dungeon. There was a SL that I attacked. Soon a CoM came inside Fire Dungeon and much to my surprise he started attacking me. The SL ran to the Despise teleporter and I killed the CoM.

I ran after the SL to the Despise teleporter with teleport pre-casted and swiftly teleported out of the trap. I saw Minax and SL holding hands and working together.

Lets recap: TB vs SL -> TB vs SL+CoM -> TB vs SL+Minax. Is it just me or is there something wrong here? Am I just too scary and powerful with my crap mage and 150ms that all 3 factions have to ally vs a SINGLE TB?

Enlighten me. Please.

D

Duke Greenspan

Hehe... the hard fact is, this won't be the last time u have all the factions to go against you.... However, according to my knowledge, the number of CoM should not be too large...

The good news is, TB is still doing a fair job to keep most of the sigi in Felucca.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The largest Com and a Minax guild are allied. SL usually doesn't work with either, but they always seem to team up on TB.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually dismount and disarm for SL against FKD. I hate people that screw with their tile file.

R

RichDC

The good news is, TB is still doing a fair job to keep most of the sigi in Felucca.
Corrupting them at times when no-ones on isnt good!

Maybe you should leave them and start corruption when people are actually on that give a damn. Now the timers are back to "normal" and all.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corrupting them at times when no-ones on isnt good!

Maybe you should leave them and start corruption when people are actually on that give a damn. Now the timers are back to "normal" and all.
It takes 10 hours, I'm sure someone can try and stop them.

R

RichDC

It takes 10 hours, I'm sure someone can try and stop them.
I was under the impression it was 4 hours to corrupt for 10 hours of corruption??

Everytime i log on they cannot be corrupted, i dont think ive seen them able to be stolen in about 2weeks now!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression it was 4 hours to corrupt for 10 hours of corruption??

Everytime i log on they cannot be corrupted, i dont think ive seen them able to be stolen in about 2weeks now!
It's 10 hours to corrupt now, and corruption is back to lasting 3 days. This was re-implemented recently.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Indeed. I'm not sure who in TB is stealing them (we try to keep a policy of not taking them from town posts when we own them), but they're corrupting in our base untouched and undefended at all times of the day.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last time the sigs were taken was my doing as we were TRYING to get SOMEONE in another faction to pay attention... for those that know my thieves, they know what I mean... anyway, we even left them in base past corruption.... *sigh*....

At this point, it is with a heavy heart that I say.... TB watch out for a "rogue" enemy thief with a familiar name ... she will be taking your sigis and trying to make them her own. Yep, you will all die laughing watching a minimally skilled thief attempting to DEFEND! Oh, wait, let me define that word because faction players on this shard appear to have forgotten the meaning:

6. to attempt to retain (a championship title, position, SIGIL, etc.), as in a competition against a challenger.

*goes off in a minor huff*

Comes back with one last comment.... You know you can't corrupt the sigs unless you steal them.....

Yeah, yeah.... bad day.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last time the sigs were taken was my doing as we were TRYING to get SOMEONE in another faction to pay attention... for those that know my thieves, they know what I mean... anyway, we even left them in base past corruption.... *sigh*....

At this point, it is with a heavy heart that I say.... TB watch out for a "rogue" enemy thief with a familiar name ... she will be taking your sigis and trying to make them her own. Yep, you will all die laughing watching a minimally skilled thief attempting to DEFEND! Oh, wait, let me define that word because faction players on this shard appear to have forgotten the meaning:

6. to attempt to retain (a championship title, position, SIGIL, etc.), as in a competition against a challenger.

*goes off in a minor huff*

Comes back with one last comment.... You know you can't corrupt the sigs unless you steal them.....

Yeah, yeah.... bad day.
Dont you miss Ego and Anthius!!!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"A Letter to the True Britannians"

We defend and secure the towns for the safty and well being of the citizens of Britannia. It is not our mission to bring war but restore peace.

It appears our enemies have lost heart and have conceded defeat. rumors swirl that they do not even consider themselves capable capturing and defend a even single town.

This is not a day of sadness but of great joy. We have fought in the trenches for ages against what appeared to be unending streams of vile enemies. Now those rivers have run dry and we must look beyond the daily grind of battle to the greater objectives of the war.

The enemy factions have fled the cities; they slink around in the dark holes and the deep woods of Britannia. We are one step closer to ending this war. We have been in this position before but failed to take advantage, allowing our enemies to lick their wounds and press us again.

Not this time!

You have worked so hard to securel the Towns and have brought the war to this point, but as you enlist all True Britannians to defend the Castle in times of crisis, I ask that you go out of the towns to aid the deep field units that seek the enemy vermin in their dark hallows. It is time to end this war and bring a lasting peace to Felucca.

Enemies of Britannia be on alert... We will not be waiting for you to recover your strength and move against our homes. We will be moving against yours! That knock on the door... its us. When you hear it, you better start running because we're coming in.

Commanding Lord of the True Britannians
-Lore Denin

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right? Lol. He just got me back on my mage training and building my suit.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore that was quite a rally speech... almost makes me wish I could finally figure out how to pvp...

Nah, Lynk .... Nonel can't come out to play, he can't meet the mustache requirement ....:p.... That's somewhat of an inside joke....

*ducks*

HA! Ya missed me.....

So if I go get fake mustaches, one for Nonel (I AM JUST KIDDING!) and one for myself... I can come play???

*sulks*

This being good is killing me!!! I have such a good one liner ... involving mustaches......

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My devoted TB friend, if you make a parry mage I will make sure you have a place on our team and I will teach you to PvP with my group.

besides, I know lots of grannies who have staches. Just let yourself go for a month or two.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2.0 are the TB deep field agents my post refers and if Lynk is willing teach other members of TB how to conduct proper group mage pvp then they should feel honored to train under such a highly skilled mage and team leader. I highly encourage anyone with the opportunity, to take him up on the offer.

No, my head is not in the clouds. Yes, I know that we do not always see eye to eye but I wouldn't expect us too. The TB faction is a highly diverse group consisting of people who's playing styles and focus range from pvp, rp, huntng, questing, thieving, crafting (gasp) murder, and most likely a complex hybrid of all those, sprinkled in with ego's, feelings, grudges and competitive natures.

However I have a plan.....

While everyone is making parry mages, I will make a GM camper who will build a big magic bonfire in Castle Britannia courtyard. I will summon the True Britannia's with the Bell of Courage, light the branches with the Candle of Love and read aloud from the Book of Truth while we all hold hands, sing of Virtue and Britannia and become the bestest of friends.....

OK, maybe not :) but this is my advice, "You will not always agree, and you will not always get along."

However if you can accept these two statements and continue to work together through any issues new or old you can expect to improve at the minimum and in all likelihood become part of something truly awesome.

That's Lore's magic campfire, you can throw on a branch or dump a bucket of water but regardless it will always have at least one branch burning.

Lore

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My devoted TB friend, if you make a parry mage I will make sure you have a place on our team and I will teach you to PvP with my group.

besides, I know lots of grannies who have staches. Just let yourself go for a month or two.
ROFL ... Now Lynk, that was truly funny ... alas, try as I might, I am unable to conjure up any facial hair :(

I have mages all over this game ...and people have tried to teach me to pvp .... *stops and thinks* .... it would almost be suitable payback for all your past misbehaviors to make you try to teach me....

Oh, speaking of all over the game.... I went looking for to see if I might have gold on Atlantic to help out a friend... I found a nearly finished archer instead. Now, tell me, how do you forget you have a character like that.... NONEL stop laughing was all your fault I found her....

Nonel? Did you need a sweater? You said something about "cold".... :p

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its already 10:30am and I forgot my daily self-reminder of how much I love Florida. Thank you, Watcher.

I just have to patiently wait for winter again so I can tease you. :)

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nonel.... since when did you wait for winter to tease me? :p I thought it was "open season" on Tinkz as far as teasing was concerned :p ... not that I would ever give any of it back... I am just sweet all the time....

*hopes Merlin isn't reading this*

X

Xukluk

Wow TB actually fields now? and Successfully? Awesome.

I wish it had been a few years ago. =/. I mostly remember sights like...

This being the idea way of pvp.

And at when you did come out it was a bit like...

Or when you tried to defend....

There is like three other pictures from that single raid capturing different bodies, and it was only three of us. ^_^

TB talk is enough to make someone wanna come back to the game. "Wanna", not actually do it sadly. Good Times though. I can remember TB fighting along side of many others against us. It's the way of factions.

On a Rp note: Lore Denin, You can not hold a throne for a King who will never return. Nor shall you. Least... thats what I would say if I were in game.

Lanto Malint of J^W, Slt, KtSo, KtFf, TAX. CL of the council of mages and CL of Minax at a time.

BTW, Perma Ever come back after he stopped being able to control towns? lol

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So you like women with mustaches now, do you Lynk.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trolling! Ban her! Ban her! ... :danceb:

*runs before Arabella can smack the **** out of him*

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Nonel... I regret to inform you that I must issue you a "granny infraction" for this most recent post.

I CHOKED ON MY COFFEE!!!!!!!! That was too funny! And sadly so true...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I need to get that book... My nick name as a mage in factions was "wrong way". I had troubles casting fields...

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL... Kelmo....they could call me "wrong way" too... and not just because of my fielding... I am always lost....

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn you Smurf. Just 4 days before my thief and tracker account goes down (for a while). :(

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lore Denin, You can not hold a throne for a King who will never return. Nor shall you.
I am afraid that matter was resolved long ago and the "Good" Lord Casca sits upon the throne. Evidence is mounting against "our" Lord and it appears he is in league with the Shadowlords.

Whether Casca is a willing participant in their scheme or simply a pawn under their influence remains to be seen. I have seen many good men manipulated by the evil machinations of the Shadowlords. In fact in those classic war depictions you have drawn up, all the names that appear under the banner of Britannia were destroyed by evil plots, fell into insanity, or turned to darkness with the false promises of the Shadowlords.

What the Shadowlords are doing in Trammel is something I have witnessed everyday for the last 60 or so years [months] in Felucca.

The Shadowlords have the ability to find any weakness in your heart and manipulate it. They will use falsehood to prey upon your fears, and feast upon your anger until you spiral so far into insanity that you can no longer recognize light from dark.

They seem to focus their energy on the leaders, in particular the Commanding Lord. We have witnessed many good Commanders crack under the pressure to fall into a state of madness. Overtime we have learned of the Shadowlords' methods and have an Alliance Council in place to combat their magic. The Alliance Council determines the Commanding Lord and can determine when a new Commander is needed. This protects the acting Commanding Lord, the True Britannian Faction members as well as the citizens we are charged to protect. It is also why we believe Lord Casca has struggled with the absence of the Ruling Council and likely why the Shadowlords targeted and assassinated its membership. Now Casca stands alone, the sole focus of the Shadowlords dark magic’s.

As for the war in Felucca, The True Britannians maintain control of the cities and have done so for many years. We look to eliminate the last enemy units that remain deep in the Yew Wood and in the dark dungeons where fighting remains fierce.

May Virtue Light your way, Lanto Malint whatever world you travel, and if it does not, tred lightly should you return to ours for we will not tolerate your attempts to enslave Felucca.

-Lore Denin

S

Saleena

Wow TB actually fields now? and Successfully? Awesome.

I wish it had been a few years ago. =/. I mostly remember sights like...

This being the idea way of pvp.

And at when you did come out it was a bit like...

Or when you tried to defend....

There is like three other pictures from that single raid capturing different bodies, and it was only three of us. ^_^

TB talk is enough to make someone wanna come back to the game. "Wanna", not actually do it sadly. Good Times though. I can remember TB fighting along side of many others against us. It's the way of factions.

On a Rp note: Lore Denin, You can not hold a throne for a King who will never return. Nor shall you. Least... thats what I would say if I were in game.

Lanto Malint of J^W, Slt, KtSo, KtFf, TAX. CL of the council of mages and CL of Minax at a time.

BTW, Perma Ever come back after he stopped being able to control towns? lol
The days of the Outcasts those were some fun pvp times I must say....Wish it was still like that!

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... and here I thought you and I were in this together Arabella :p

... but she is soooooooooo right!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, Lanto. I remember those days in Outcast. We certainly weren't that good but is was still fun. KTFF had a numerous amount of good pvpers,
and considerably more than shown in the screenshots.

I wish factions fielded that many pvpers now as it did then. Good fights.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last few times I've been out PvPing over this week there have been about 20-25 factioners fighting. Unfortunately, 20 of those were part of the SL zerg.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed it's hard to field more people from Minax. But then again I don't play often so it may be a matter of timing. Either way the last few times I have played, I've only ran into a group of FKD running around.

Normally I'd try to take them on, but I'm simply not that good anymore. Not that I really ever was :loser:

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed it's hard to field more people from Minax. But then again I don't play often so it may be a matter of timing. Either way the last few times I have played, I've only ran into a group of FKD running around.

Normally I'd try to take them on, but I'm simply not that good anymore. Not that I really ever was :loser:
No way Bere i always like fighting with you, your always down to fight outnumbred. What times do you play?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to increase play time but not much. I get on after 7pm mostly now and I play on weekends as much as possible.

X

Xukluk

i heard perma died
Good Riddens to Bad Rubbish. I've plenty of screenshots of in a ten minute span putting all Perma's characters in stat. Then he comes back on a blue raging lol.

X

Xukluk

Lol, Lanto. I remember those days in Outcast. We certainly weren't that good but is was still fun. KTFF had a numerous amount of good pvpers,
and considerably more than shown in the screenshots.

I wish factions fielded that many pvpers now as it did then. Good fights.
Yea those were pretty fun times. Though factions were best prior to AoS.

I've plenty more screenshots still stored on my comp. From getting caught on my own with Outkast in a 3 v 1 and surviving ^_^. To being ambushed by PwNt Archers and mages and surviving. Course I did die from time to time and I have those screenshots aswell. Though I never died one v one. Well I may have once to Bo Hunter. Me and him went back and forth that way.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea those were pretty fun times. Though factions were best prior to AoS.

I've plenty more screenshots still stored on my comp. From getting caught on my own with Outkast in a 3 v 1 and surviving ^_^. To being ambushed by PwNt Archers and mages and surviving. Course I did die from time to time and I have those screenshots aswell. Though I never died one v one. Well I may have once to Bo Hunter. Me and him went back and forth that way.
I vaguely remember you as a non-factor.

Way to trample someones grave though, very classy.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i heard perma died
Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this Dubar.

A few of us were told by Permafrost's father (who would sometimes play the Kleptofrost chatacter) that Perma died from a drug interaction from perscription drugs.

I know a lot of people had mixed feelings about him but, regardless of what you thought of him, to die at such a young age is a tradgedy and our thoughts and prayes are with his family.

Lore

R

RichDC

and our thoughts and prayes are with his family.

Lore
You are DAMN right on this!!!

I never had the pleasure of meeting this person but my heartfelt condolonces go to his family friends and anyone who knows him/her(sorry i dont know).

Death takes us all at sometime, its just a shame to hear that it happens to people close/young...you get where im going with this, ive had a few drinks and dont want to get to blubbery :p