• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Facebook Games: Where Monetization Gimicks and User Growth Matter More Than Good Game

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Facebook Games: Where Monetization Gimicks and User Growth Matter More Than Good

Very good read!!!

I play Might Pirates on facebook. I dont buy anything. I use up my energy and wait till the next day lol. Im cheap like that because its just a socail game. I do know of players that sink money into the game to advance faster.

Now their UI only sends presents to players you choose to send it. So if I have 10 people playing I can send it to them only but I have to choose those 10.

Sims social is EA so that should be expected from what I read in that article. Not all facebook games are bad bad but the idea is to make money so they will find ways to get you to spend it. EA is just worse then most.