• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fabled Nets

R

RenaLynne

Do you need GM Fishing or any fishing at all with these? I got a white sos from my fish tank of all places turned it into a net and tossed it in with my tamer. I fished up the sea monsters and the leviathon(not sure how to spell) but there was no arty on the monsters. I got some rope, some MIBs, but no white chest or arty. Did I do something wrong or is it because the character had no fishing?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only get the white chest from the ASoS. IF you're lucky enough to get an artie it general drops on you, or into your bank if you're full. Fishing doesn't matter on the char that throws it, I've tried several with my fisher and non fisher and got the same results either way. The arties are extremely random, and do not drop with every net sadly. So No you're not doing it wrong, jut need to do more of them.

Oriana

C

Conrad99

If I remeber right if a GM fisher tosses the net he gets an xtra 25% of getting a arti. I know he gets a percent bonus but not sure on 25%

Other than that it is luck of the draw.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, did my first ASOS today that a friend was so kind to give me. Got the fabled net and white chest, promptly used the net (thinking it was reuseable..thought I heard that somewhere), and was killed by the monsters that it raised. :-( By the time I got back to the boat with a friend to help, the leviathon was gone. I guess they go back into the water not long after spawning? I looked and looked for the leviathon to no avail. Hard to look when the map shows nothing but blue. I hope someone learns from my mistake so that they are prepared when they pull a leviathon and its buddies up...several water elems and sea serpents.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, the sea monsters will return to the depths of the ocean after a while.

I'm on my way to become a GM fisher, I'm at 95 skill now. Does 100,000 fish steaks mean anything to you? :)

R

RenaLynne

Thanks for all the replys. One more question does the arty(if you get one) spawn in pack, or on one of the monsters corpses?

R

RenaLynne

Oops, sorry I see Oriana already answered that. Nothing to see here...:blushing:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remeber right if a GM fisher tosses the net he gets an xtra 25% of getting a arti. I know he gets a percent bonus but not sure on 25%

Other than that it is luck of the draw.
I heard that too, but it didn't seem to make any difference really.

And yes Hawkeye is right they will go back into the sea if not killed after a while.

Oh Conrad, those glasses are so close and yet still so very far. *sighs* I GM'd my fisher gal long before the turn ins so i used all mine to GM cooking. And that was during a time food had more use than it does now. Ah well, the memories are good anyway.

Oriana

C

Conrad99

I would say I am further away than closer.

The glasses are 800,000 points. It takes 4 fish steaks to equal 1 point. That would be 3,200,000 fishsteaks.

But Mom taught me not to be quiter so I am going at it full force! Maybe by 2011 I should be there.

Luckly I can fish at work. Shh do not tell my work I sneak it every once and a while.