• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fabled Fishing Net

I fished up my first white chest last night on baja :) I'm wondering what to expect with the white net? I see there is a chance of spawning Osiredon...so my question is this...what happens if I do pull him up? I don't have bunches of people to help me kill him, my shard is kind of slow. will he stick around or will he disappear after a while if I dont kill him?

I'll likely keep the net for decoration, because I'm simply too chicken to drop it in!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get one on the first toss or the tenth. Good luck.

You should collect a bunch of nets and gather a crowd if you want to do that.

I really DONT want to! lol I'm just curious as to how it would go if i did...I guess I'm wondering if I was to fish him up, would I be able to get away...and IF I did get away, is it possible to come back later and have him still be there? Will he disappear after a bit or be out there swimming the ocean until someone kills him?

Duke Winter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
He'll disappear after a while. Same with Scalis. Leviathans, however, I would recommend staying for. Anyone can use nets, no just fisherman. So if you have a talented tamer with a well trained pet like a dragon turtle, frost dragon, or even a well trained cu, you can solo leviathan.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He'll disappear after a while. Same with Scalis. Leviathans, however, I would recommend staying for. Anyone can use nets, no just fisherman. So if you have a talented tamer with a well trained pet like a dragon turtle, frost dragon, or even a well trained cu, you can solo leviathan.
I was not aware these could be solo'd...interesting.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Osiredon is Scalis (Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer). And no he can't be solo'd.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They can stick around for hours.... * looks around and whispers * Ask Amber.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They can stick around for hours.... * looks around and whispers * Ask Amber.
oh there a story there, give lady, come tell this tale about Amber and the Osiredon, *pull up a chair near the fireplace* *shouts* More Ale over here to ply this lass' tale from her lips!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Look for the Memorable Moments Stories (15th Anniversary Contest by EA) written by Amber Witch. I looked for it on the old Stratics pages but hadn't found it yet. She won a robe for it.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always though it would be a good idea for them to put a toggle on the net so you could disable the Scalis Enforcer. Sometimes people just want to pull up leviathans for rope and backpack drops like ghost ship anchor and seahorse statues. Not sure if using the fabled net on a non High Seas account would prevent old crab claw from coming up or not. Maybe someone out there knows.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Soloing Scalis - I'd say it would be theoretically possible using RCs or pets to tank, while firing at him point blank with cannon, from a net tossed at Buc's Den - the hard part is staying alive while recasting the RC or rezzing the pet. Would probably take an hour or so.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's usually the eels that get me, as long as you have at least one person just killing the eels it all goes a lot better.... :oops:

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a weekly white net toss on Cats, and even with a group it takes a while to kill him.