• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Extremely confused about Imbuing.

• Thread starter Neckbeard The Pirate
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Neckbeard The Pirate

I'm about to embark on the wonderful journey of training imbuing but I am completely confused on how the skill actually works.

I'm looking to make a few items and was wondering how I can figure out if these items are indeed possible to imbue?

Composite Bow:
50 Lighting, 50 Velocity, Spell Channel, Balanced

Bracelet:
1/3, 10 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase, 5 Spell Damage Increase

Ring:
1/3, 15 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1 - impossible. Different properties have "weights" so they count as more than normal when adding to an item. Even at 4 properties, I think that the first three of the ring's properties would add up to a total weight of over 400 (though I could be wrong).

2. MIGHT be possible, or close to it (unsure of the weighting), but will require a 120 level gargoyle Imbuer using the Queen's forge to have much of a chance.

You might be able to come close to doing the Composite bow, if you are willing to tolerate SC -1, without the FC 1 to cancel out the -1 base from SC, but you'll probably have to also settle for less than 50% on the Lightning & Velocity (of course, going down to the low-mid 40s will allow you to do them without the rare ingredients as well).

For the ring, If the weights of the FC/FCR/HCI add up to over 400, you can trim back the DI a little, or just settle for 1/2 casting.

N

Neckbeard The Pirate

Thank you! I'm just so confused on how properties add up. Can I pull off 1/3, 10 hit chance, 5 sdi?

S

Sir Kenga

Bracelet:
1/3, 10 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase, 5 Spell Damage Increase

Ring:
1/3, 15 Hit Chance, 25 Damage Increase
Both possible I've seen an imbued brace today 1/3, DCI 15, HCI 15. DCI take more weight than DI, so you can make this no problem.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I've benn doing imbuing for a while and I am still confused about it.:mf_prop: