• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Exploits!

Exploits...

• Are handled appropriately ingame.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Reporting an exploit is a joke, nothing happens.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I haven't seen anyone exploit in this game.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes, I exploit and will continue to do so, it's part of the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Seridove

After a little break, we are back on track with our weekly topics! Today, we want to know your thoughts on exploits. Are there too many in the game? Are those who use exploits being punished accordingly? We want to know your thoughts!

nokturn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As in every mmo I played, exploits are handled in a decent way.

The people farming purples in the resource zones spring to mind as the last exploit I've seen happen in AOC. Took them a patch to solve it.

dp_dropout

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people farming purples in the resource zones spring to mind as the last exploit I've seen happen in AOC. Took them a patch to solve it.
This is not an exploit by far. People are not abusing game mechanics, they are killing mobs in a legit way. The fact that their loottable is screwed up has nothing to do with expoiting.

On the other hand, jumping on the rock in Toirdelbach's and killing her when you're out of reach, that's an exploit.
Or if you want raids, killing Sabazios the Insane in BRC whilst standing on the altar, even though this is the only way to kill him at the moment.

A

Angelic Demoness

The gem duping exploit springs to mind and as for that, I think it took them way too long to fix it, plus the fix was insufficient. So I had to go with option no. 2.

(This is assuming they *did* fix it. I have no personal knowledge of it, simply heard it reported today that it had been fixed).