• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Explanation

R

RichDC

Can anyone explain to me why when using a UBWS weapon you cannot use the spell evasion, or any specials on the weapon requiring bushido??

I have even been told that with say the leafblade of ease the specials couldnt be performed by someone with fencing and bushido?!?

Anyone know why?? Is there a planned fix??? Or is this intentional???

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was done a year or so on purpose. It was part of a nerf on the Bush dexxer template.

Over the period of a few months they changed the pause duration between evasions, they changed UBW, ( You need real skill to use specials) and they changed needing tactical and anat of 90 to use specials, and they changed needing real skill for wammy form.

They basically nerfed the hell out of a dexxer compared to how it use to be.

I doubt they will change things back!

R

RichDC

So basically the leafblade of ease is a useless pvm weap unless you are a fencer??

and that goes the same as all ubws??

T

Turdnugget

No. You can't use UBWS with Bushido evasion. Pretty sure that's the only one.

You can still use regular weapon specials on a UWBS, just not w/Bushido evasion.

C

Connor_Graham

So basically the leafblade of ease is a useless pvm weap unless you are a fencer??

and that goes the same as all ubws??
Yup. That's why I spent the time and the gold to work up all 3 melee skills and have them stored on soulstones, along with making Sampire style weapons for each one. I'm still more for swords than anything else though, strictly because there are more weapons that are viable and can be used for specific encounters.