• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Expert advice needed

B

Bouche835

Do you wear a luck suit on your crafter? I have read where luck does not play a roll in crafting better items, but some people in the guild swear by wearing luck suits.

So to all the crafters out there in UO, do you wear a luck suit and if you do how much luck?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do you wear a luck suit on your crafter? I have read where luck does not play a roll in crafting better items, but some people in the guild swear by wearing luck suits.

So to all the crafters out there in UO, do you wear a luck suit and if you do how much luck?
nope luck has no benefit for crafting although it does help with the loot you get off monsters that can be enhanced later

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Luck doesn't help.

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck doesn't help for quality of BODs during turn-ins. That being said, I do believe in "hot" npcs. While it could be just the RNG working, I find that certain npcs seem to give a certain range of BODs.

I'll do a 200 BOD turn-ins and record the ratios. I do this for multiple vendors in different towns. I do this ti I find ones I like. Then stay there. I believe I get better BODs. But, that could just be the RNG.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck doesn't help for quality of BODs during turn-ins. That being said, I do believe in "hot" npcs. While it could be just the RNG working, I find that certain npcs seem to give a certain range of BODs.

I can confirm this,Yesterday I had filled about 85 tailor bods and turned in about 75 and got nothing but crap in return and then I remember a while back that a ceratin npc had gave me 2 barbed kit bods back to back a few months ago so I recalled to him and after the 3rd bod I turned in I got a barbed kit large and out of the last 7 I got 2 horned kit lbods and a CBD lbod.

So this also confirms that the RNG is busted system.For a real life example of he RNG being a busted system.At my work we have a item "accumulator" telling us how many of a certain Item to pull form backstock and replensih to shelves,and It is ALWAYS off.hehe.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll do a 200 BOD turn-ins and record the ratios. I do this for multiple vendors in different towns. I do this ti I find ones I like. Then stay there. I believe I get better BODs. But, that could just be the RNG.
People can think whatever they want, but there are no "hot" NPC's. The RNG generator they use in UO is broken though. It tends to be very streaky; streaky to the point of being nearly statistically impossible.

I've probably dropped off 10's of thousands of BODs to the exact same NPC's. I've seen very cold streaks, and I've seen hot streaks (2 BRSK LBOD's within 5 BOD's; 2 Val BODs in a row when Val BODs were nearly non-existant). Changing vendors never made a difference and staying with the same one hasn't either.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some freaky reason, my 70 tailor consistantly gets better deeds than my legendary tailor.
This freaks me out and it's been like this since last year. This is very dissapointing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hildebrand, did you also notice what me and Barry Gibb are reporting - that fully 2/3 tailor BODs have been normal, at least as far back as the Smith BOD changes last February (no data from before that point)?

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People can think whatever they want, but there are no "hot" NPC's. The RNG generator they use in UO is broken though. It tends to be very streaky; streaky to the point of being nearly statistically impossible.
Aye. And if the RNG is faulty then discrepencies can happen. I'm not saying bet the bank on it, just saying that I've seen some very odd patterns.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hildebrand, did you also notice what me and Barry Gibb are reporting - that fully 2/3 tailor BODs have been normal, at least as far back as the Smith BOD changes last February (no data from before that point)?
Basara, I'm going to drop off some Tailor BODs in the next day or so. I'll be interested to see my ratio of normal to exceptional. I haven't been paying attention to that, but I will now.