• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Expansions and Theme Packs and In-Game Store Oh My!

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Hi. It's me again, sorry for all the questions. These new ones are mainly about X-tra content.

• When I started playing again about year ago now, I think I was using Mondain's Legacy, then I upgraded to Stingy Abbiss(and shortly after, it became free :( ), and now I also have ToL and High Seas. Do I have all the expansions now?
  • Theme packs, are they worth getting? Kings, Rustic or Gothic.
  • Is anything worth getting out of the in-game store? So far I got a charger and a soul stone about a month after coming back.
  • For a game that's supposed to be free now, I'm sure spending a lot of money. :)
  • Unrelated, but I bought a small ship when I first came back, then I bought the largest regular ship, but now that I have High Seas, I want to get one of the giant newer ships. What do I do with my old ships? LOL
  • I hear you can combine scrolls, Power, Alacrity or Transcendence into a special book now and make better ones or something, how does that work?
  • BTW Is there a primer book for primers?

Ok, I think that's it, for now. MUHahaha

Thank You.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi. It's me again, sorry for all the questions. These new ones are mainly about X-tra content.

• When I started playing again about year ago now, I think I was using Mondain's Legacy, then I upgraded to Stingy Abbiss(and shortly after, it became free :( ), and now I also have ToL and High Seas. Do I have all the expansions now?
  • Theme packs, are they worth getting? Kings, Rustic or Gothic.
  • Is anything worth getting out of the in-game store? So far I got a charger and a soul stone about a month after coming back.
  • For a game that's supposed to be free now, I'm sure spending a lot of money. :)
  • Unrelated, but I bought a small ship when I first came back, then I bought the largest regular ship, but now that I have High Seas, I want to get one of the giant newer ships. What do I do with my old ships? LOL
  • I hear you can combine scrolls, Power, Alacrity or Transcendence into a special book now and make better ones or something, how does that work?
  • BTW Is there a primer book for primers?

Ok, I think that's it, for now. MUHahaha

Thank You.
  1. Yes
  2. The Rustic and Gothic collections are good for certain aspects, that are more in-game color than game-affecting. You get more items you can craft, access to distilling, the ability to use the raised garden beds (1 for free from the pack, more buyable from the store) for maintenance-free growing of plants, etc. They also have a number of exclusive deco uses (including tile sets). But, they really aren't a must-have, unless you grow plants or are RPing a moonshiner/brewer/distiller.
  3. As noted above, if you grow plants and have the proper pack, the raised garden beds are great. There's a token that adds 2 stable slots to a specific character (and you can use multiples). Soulstones you know about, and are best used in multiples. There's all kinds of dyes, and there are sets of BOD Book covers (30 uses per color) that make sorting BODs easier. And, if you have a castle, keep, or multiple houses, the teleport tiles are a must. Same goes for a tamer and the hitching post. (note that there are CRAFTABLE teleport tiles and hitching posts, but the crafted tiles require gate scrolls to charge, and the crafted post can only be recharged twice, not unlimited like the store one)
  4. AS for the ships, you can have one HS ship (there's also the huge Britannian ship from the store, in addition to the Garg ship & tokuno ship from the Emporium seller, and the Orc Ship that comes in 9 parts as pirate loot). But, you can launch the old-style ships with any of the other characters on the account, and still have ALL the boats be usable by ALL characters. (so, your fisher can have the large HS ship for fishing, but your other characters can use it for pirate hunting, while having the old boats to go spawning in Fel)
  5. Sounds like you have two different things confused. There are special books for Power Scroll, Alacrity Scroll and Transcendence Scroll storage (up to 300 counting as one item, and requires being locked down).
  6. There are also SCROLL BINDERS (made by scribes, using pulp made by cooks, from bark collected by GM lumberjacks), that allow two different functions. One is combining 8-12 smaller like power scrolls into one of the next higher one (not as useful for ones that pets can use, these days, but good for character-only PS). The other use for scroll binders is to combine Transcendence scrolls. when you add a pink transcendence scroll to a binder, it becomes (value)/2.0 as a binder. You can add other pinks for the same skill to it, until you get it to exactly 2.0 (adding more than that bumps it to a xxx/5.0 binder) or 5.0. With the 5.0 binders, you can add one that would add up to over 5.0, but the remainder over 5.0 is lost.
  7. There's not a primer book (or a way to combine primers) YET, but that might change. Currently, they're easy enough to get the level 1s that they aren't worth keeping, and 3s are rare enough.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Well, you did it, you answered all my questions. Congrats, and thanks. You really are a wealth of knowledge Barsara. :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also if get Rustic or Gothic theme packs, you can bid on a plot in New Magincia to sell pets or resources

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Also if get Rustic or Gothic theme packs, you can bid on a plot in New Magincia to sell pets or resources
Oh yea, I definitely want that, :) I was there other day looking for pets and noticed several stalls open, on my server any way. I can put the pets I no longer want in there. But, I noticed a couple of people sell commodities there too.