• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Expansion News Update.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's been just over a week since the newsletter was sent out and sent everyone into a tizzy I thought was long gone from UO.
Can we keep this hype going with a little more info being released?

I know the Masteries are one that has everyone wondering......Teaser time? :popcorn:

nb, Castles.... :banana:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep, looks like possibly they are done testing the currency conversion and now will put it on TC1 for the rest of us to see...which I find both exciting and terrifying....don't want all my golds to disappear lol.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
More interested in the new skills they mentioned.
What new skills, I believe you did read that part wrong.
•Skill Mastery System, 16 skills with more than 35 new spells & abilities
I doubt we get 16 new skills but 16 of the skills we already have, get a Skill Mastery System with 2-3 new spells but I could be wrong.
16 new skills do not make sense, that's really alot.

Now I never played a bard but we already have Bard Masteries http://www.uoguide.com/Book_of_Bard_Masteries

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very excited for the new expansion. Even though they've just killed my dream of a Greater WW with that meet and greet transcript :(

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish it was 16bug fixes instead :p
Only real bug I've run across is the fire demons slipping down that south cliff of their area and to spot if you follow, you can't get back out. To hear people talk of the massive number of bugs in this game you'd think nothing worked right. Are all these apparent bugs actual bugs or just things that don't go the way people think they should?

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I want to know what the necromancy mastery is. I hope it's something to do with animate dead. I'd love to be able to heal them with a targeted spirit speak or something.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know what the necromancy mastery is. I hope it's something to do with animate dead. I'd love to be able to heal them with a targeted spirit speak or something.
Now that would get me to buy a couple soulstones. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to think that I was only looking forward to a new Taming revamp... Now I don't know. I am kinda afraid of what that would bring and I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever happen.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well we now know the new Tame'ables are Tigers (not the reward type) and Dragon turtle Eggs so far.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Only real bug I've run across is the fire demons slipping down that south cliff of their area and to spot if you follow, you can't get back out. To hear people talk of the massive number of bugs in this game you'd think nothing worked right. Are all these apparent bugs actual bugs or just things that don't go the way people think they should?
EC is full of bugs. The healthbars stop tracking after about 30 minutes of play. A lot of people are disconnected after playing a short while.

Running is bad in both clients. It's not smooth at all. It's not even as smooth as I remember it being when I was on dialup playing this game.

In CC, sometimes the statuses you're afflicted with won't roll off until you die. You're no longer affected by them, but they show up on the bar. Tamed pets continue to attack after taming. Some don't respond at all to commands even if you have 100% controls. There are instances on my warrior where I'm in war mode and double clicking health bar templates but my character doesn't want to attack.

There are a lot of bugs... this is just me thinking for 30 seconds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I know there are bugs.... I believe that @Bleak told us that he had some of those bugs like the hotbars fixed for the next publish... I certainly hope he's right. I would love to see a lot more fixes for things like having the client lock up when there are tons of items on a corpse.

I'd like to see Bleak take on doing an EM event in the EC and having a big end style boss there and see how his rig handles it when all is done and you go to loot the public corpse. Just stick around Bleak after a big end boss dies at an EM event and attempt to open the corpse in the EC. See what happens. Infact come do one with me and try to get bars at an EM event in the Default client.

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
EC is full of bugs. The healthbars stop tracking after about 30 minutes of play. A lot of people are disconnected after playing a short while.

Running is bad in both clients. It's not smooth at all. It's not even as smooth as I remember it being when I was on dialup playing this game.

In CC, sometimes the statuses you're afflicted with won't roll off until you die. You're no longer affected by them, but they show up on the bar. Tamed pets continue to attack after taming. Some don't respond at all to commands even if you have 100% controls. There are instances on my warrior where I'm in war mode and double clicking health bar templates but my character doesn't want to attack.

I play the EC Only and I have no issues with Running and with the Healthbars

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yep, looks like possibly they are done testing the currency conversion and now will put it on TC1 for the rest of us to see...which I find both exciting and terrifying....don't want all my golds to disappear lol.
Yessssss exactly lol

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No problem here with healthbars. No disconnect problems. Running is fine and smooth for me and I'm a LONG way from the server. Statuses not rolling off is a gamewide problem, not just the EC. Same with tamed pets attacking. I haven't had any trouble controlling pets. No idea about the clicking and not targetting, never had that.
Sounds to me like someone needs a big comp tweak job or updating or a new comp or at least a new video card.

Reactions: Vor

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tamed pets continue to attack after taming.
That's likely due to the pet still having a DoT effect on you (such as a Bleed or Poison), or a delayed spellcast such as Explosion, Flamestrike or Fireball hitting you immediately after you succesfully tame it. Why it's a good habit to invis yourself for a few secs after a successful tame.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's likely due to the pet still having a DoT effect on you (such as a Bleed or Poison), or a delayed spellcast such as Explosion, Flamestrike or Fireball hitting you immediately after you succesfully tame it. Why it's a good habit to invis yourself for a few secs after a successful tame.
It's still a bug.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still a bug.
Is it a bug or learning the game mechanics when it comes to taming. This is just something every Tamer deals with and this is the first complaint I have heard about this being a perceived problem. If this really bothers you you can always learn how to honor tame the big nasties.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not major bugs. Any bug should get fixed, but these kind of bugs shouldn't take priority over content.

I for one almost never run into bugs. Compared to old bugs these are just not at all serious.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not major bugs. Any bug should get fixed, but these kind of bugs shouldn't take priority over content.

I for one almost never run into bugs. Compared to old bugs these are just not at all serious.
Agreed, but they are there. One I encountered today was standing next to a treasure chest and still being told I cannot pick that up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, but they are there. One I encountered today was standing next to a treasure chest and still being told I cannot pick that up.
Move - something is in the way. This isn't a bug, as such, and is not likely to be fixable. Treasure hunters for years have learned to move around till they find the spot at which their access to the chest is unimpaired.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Look... I GET that there are workarounds. It doesn't mean they aren't bugs.

When you can loot a chest from a single spot for 10 items and then that spot becomes blocked for no reason. That's a bug.

I'm not dumb and just standing there trying to pull out the same item without moving. I get it. I know that you can move to fix the treasure chests, I know that I can relog to fix the healthbars in EC, I know that I can invis to get my recently tamed to not kill me, and I know you can move your boat into a place the pirate ships can't keep attacking after everyone on the boat is dead and destroyed.

It doesn't mean they aren't bugs.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you can loot a chest from a single spot for 10 items and then that spot becomes blocked for no reason. That's a bug.
Chances are you have spawned a monster or a corpse disappeared causing a graphic change... annoying yes bug no

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Chances are you have spawned a monster or a corpse disappeared causing a graphic change... annoying yes bug no
Monsters can spawn all day appear and disappear around other containers without issue. I'm sure while they created the chests they thought, it's our intention to make corpses block looting just these treasure chests and not anything else.

I agree, these are all minor. But I don't agree that the game is bug free. I agree that I'd prefer content as well, but you all are in some denial or are just so used to having to do workarounds that you don't know what it's like to play a game that runs smoothly.

I LOVE UO though. Don't get me wrong. None of these "Bugs" matter much.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would love for them to do away with the circle on spell weaving. maybe scale it up so you can only get a 6 level if your 120.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We just had a thread about the EC client closing gumps by itself after you loot one item from a corpse - you can work around it with a use last macro but it shouldn't be happening in the first place. So if it looks like a bug and acts like a bug, is it not a bug? A bug by any other name ...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hope they make the dang refinements stack-able! Geeezus I got chests full and they're a pita to try to sort. It'd help a lot if they were stack-able!
I just throw them away for points. I see little to no use for them their penalties outweigh the uses, there are too many different kinds and actually getting and finding ones you need would probably take you longer than you've played already... I mean how many hide or studded leather ones are about out of the dozens of other possibilities.... too small IMO to really care or consider them a viable resource to gather. By the time you got enough together to refine ONE item... and got it up to the highest possible level it can be before using it well... would take so long you'd forget you were gathering them anyway ..... It hurts less on the brain to just throw them in the trash.

Now if they had done it reasonably where you just pick up low level washes and combine those into higher ones period no washes for each and every type of armor there is.... just one for low... and you combine it till you get enough.... I would say they might be worth picking up.... but since they overcomplicated it.... (Rather reminds me of thinking that my Brother and his logic had something to do with this as any game we played eventually became so overly complicated and annoying with all the what ifs and added rules that eventually we'd just not want to play it anymore) I just never gave a hoot about them.

Still don't.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Encountered another bug that doesn't exist. I marked a rune inside my house for all my characters and they all have a runebook for favorite places like our house. Our house run is always the default location. On one of my characters I can recall by targeting the runebook all day and always get location blocked the first time, but have it work the second time. Consistently over and over. If I open the book and use the rune it always works.

When I show up at my house, there's nothing around for miles.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Have you tryed to remark the rune?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Have you tryed to remark the rune?
Of course and I've tried to remove all runes from the book and put them back in. It works, for the day. But should I HAVE to? That's what you guys aren't getting I don't think. Of course there are workarounds... but should we HAVE to?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On one of my characters I can recall by targeting the runebook all day and always get location blocked the first time, but have it work the second time. Consistently over and over. If I open the book and use the rune it always works.

When I show up at my house, there's nothing around for miles.
Any of my characters who try to Recall (prodo) or Gate (Siege) from my ship to the house with a pet have their runes stop working, I have to set a rune a couple inches from the house for them. Remaking the rune, fixes the problem until the next trip ship to house with a pet. Runes in a container, in a runebook as default, or used by opening the book all go bad.

Nothing is there blocking the rune location, I've had my second account character on the steps watching the spot.