• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Exiting Full Screen Mode in Windows 10

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My buddy runs windows 10 and is stuck in full screen mode, using the classic client. How can he get back to normal screen?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you try Alt+Enter?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No clue sorry I don't run the CC and I never run UO in Fullscreen.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just wondering. Why did you give a response?
Thanks
Partially because I read it... and partially because things where people need help with something need to be bumped to the top so folk who might have the answer will see it and hopefully respond.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Partially because I read it... and partially because things where people need help with something need to be bumped to the top so folk who might have the answer will see it and hopefully respond.
Thank you

Ithildin Balbeth

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Any Solution to this in the meantime? Happened to me too, but unchecking it in Options did not solve it... Even the login-Screen is without window-border now....

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any Solution to this in the meantime? Happened to me too, but unchecking it in Options did not solve it... Even the login-Screen is without window-border now....
The answer:
Go back into the options and remove the check box for full screen. Then log out and re-start the client
Addtional notes: ALT + O -> "Eye" on the right (second from top) - untick "Use fullscreen display" - apply- close .. close clients completely and relaunch

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been experiencing issues where it's hard to get the maximize button to work, and impossible to get the minimize button to work, for the classic client, since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I often have to click on the task bar to get the menu there for minimizing, so I can get back to the desktop to launch another program, if it's the only one running.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been experiencing issues where it's hard to get the maximize button to work, and impossible to get the minimize button to work, for the classic client, since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I often have to click on the task bar to get the menu there for minimizing, so I can get back to the desktop to launch another program, if it's the only one running.
If you use uoassist, i think it still has an issue with displaying the minimize/maximize/close buttons a little off from where they actually are.. could this be your issue?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes, it is.

BUT, I'd never heard of the issue, nor did it exist for me, until after the recent Windows 10 update - and affected a couple other non-UO programs to an extent.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you use uoassist, i think it still has an issue with displaying the minimize/maximize/close buttons a little off from where they actually are.. could this be your issue?
Actually no, I have the same problem, this time when I click the buttons they just half stack on top of each other and are then totally unclickable no matter where you place the cursor, not like before at all.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC:
Alt Enter works for me. I set the desktop shortcut compatibility to be XP Service Pack 3. Even so, it crashes sometimes.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so glad someone asked this question. I have been so busy trying to load my new PC with all my games, that I have not had the time to figure out why Win 10 was doing this.

I was also stuck in full screen mode. As posted above:

1) Went to options, unchecked full screen mode - hit apply / ok
2) Exited the game
3) Restarted the game.

I was back in window mode. But if you Alt + Enter, you will be stuck in full screen mode again until you repeat the above steps. Its a bit annoying IMO. I hope this gets fixed. Alt + Enter is so standard for switching. I hate having to do it through options.