• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Exclusive Volcano Housing Location - 18x17

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am selling one of the most exclusive Housing Sites in all of Sosaria. It is located on Fire Island inside the Volcano, which recently erupted to expose this wonderful plot of land. There is a house placed there which is 18x17 and 2 other smaller houses can also be placed there, as well. The only way to reach this location is by Recall. This location is similar to the Malas' Secret Locations. Perfect for a Recluse, a Loner, someone who just does not want to have any neighbors, and a person who relishes owning the MOST Exclusive piece of property in all of Sosaria!

You will be bidding for the purchase of the 18x17, which will also give you the rights to sell the other two locations located within this exclusive section.

I am accepting offers until May 1, 2011. Please place bids in this thread, but you may PM me Questions, etc.

Map Overview:
http://www.whenyouwishmagic.com/Volcano2.jpg

Atlas Overview:
http://www.whenyouwishmagic.com/Volcano4.jpg

Housing Plot located there:
http://www.whenyouwishmagic.com/Volcano3.jpg

Attachments

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surprised that there are not more bids on this Exclusive piece of Property! Aren't any of you interested in a spot where you have no neighbors and no one to bother you, especially look-e-loos? Also, the opportunity to sell 2 more spots inside the same location has to be worth something.

Don't wait until the last minute to bid. Please PM or ICQ me any questions!

:danceb:

K

KoolAidAddict

I am surprised that there are not more bids on this Exclusive piece of Property! Aren't any of you interested in a spot where you have no neighbors and no one to bother you, especially look-e-loos? Also, the opportunity to sell 2 more spots inside the same location has to be worth something.

Don't wait until the last minute to bid. Please PM or ICQ me any questions!

:danceb:
Well now this makes no sense at all.
You wanna sell to a loner, and one of the selling points is to have the right to sell the other two spots too?
hehe.
Its prolly a cool spot and all, but the most prized spots are the abyss dungeon ones.
Good luck anyhow.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
these spots are going for hundreds of millions on other shards.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Just for a cost reference point, I paid 25mil for the Trammel Justice Island house, which you also can only get to by recall and has no neighbors. The house is smaller (11x16), but it's nice to have a private island. :D

I think you should be able to get about the same for your house. If I had another acct, I would buy it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Justice island houses are more common and more people have runes to justice island than volcano houses. Honestly, this guy has a real gem.

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the guy is trying to sell a plot, it may not be as rare as Justice isle, or as cool as one of the underworld spots, or as new as the Magencia plots, but its still a decent spot... no sense in giving him a hard time for advertising it for sale...

Most people talk up their items for sale....

Who would pay attention to Ad that said:
Kinda Cool spot in the middle of nowhere, limited access... Bid High!!!

Its not his fault that Legends Shard is so dead that you cant even give away a Keep spot in Trammel.... And even new players can manage to place a castle in a couple of weeks...

Maybe Legends Shard wouldnt be so dead, if half of its players didnt treat new players like dirt...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's actually much rarer than justice island, vastly more private, and the owner could get them self a private town banner which would be vastly cooler.

Honestly, this guy has a true gem of a house. And People don't like keeps because they have all of a castle's disadvantages and none of its prestige.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
It's actually much rarer than justice island, vastly more private, and the owner could get them self a private town banner which would be vastly cooler.

Honestly, this guy has a true gem of a house. And People don't like keeps because they have all of a castle's disadvantages and none of its prestige.
Rarer, I agree, but only due to the lack of runes. But vastly more private? Justice island has one house on it. You can fit three in the volcano, therefore potentially having neighbors. Unless you want to take up all three spots, it wouldn't be as private.

And being on a private island is pretty fun. The fishing isn't bad, either. :D

But as I originally stated, I would buy the volcano house in a heartbeat if I had another acct.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rarer, I agree, but only due to the lack of runes. But vastly more private? Justice island has one house on it. You can fit three in the volcano, therefore potentially having neighbors. Unless you want to take up all three spots, it wouldn't be as private.

And being on a private island is pretty fun. The fishing isn't bad, either. :D

But as I originally stated, I would buy the volcano house in a heartbeat if I had another acct.
I think you misunderstand. You can get yourself a private town banner in this guys spot... That's not only awesome, It's insanely awesome.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
I think you misunderstand. You can get yourself a private town banner in this guys spot... That's not only awesome, It's insanely awesome.
Sorry, I understood the privacy aspect and town banner as separate features. But I completely agree - a private town banner would be super awesome.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for a cost reference point, I paid 25mil for the Trammel Justice Island house, which you also can only get to by recall and has no neighbors. The house is smaller (11x16), but it's nice to have a private island. :D

I think you should be able to get about the same for your house. If I had another acct, I would buy it.
I thought the Justice Isle House went for 35 Million on Legends and on other shards I have seen 2 Houses placed there...???

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
I thought the Justice Isle House went for 35 Million on Legends and on other shards I have seen 2 Houses placed there...???
Yeah, I think 35 sounds right. I'd have to check my PMs, though.

I'm sure you could fit two houses on the island, but they would have to be very small. I haven't seen that on other shards, but I bet it could be done.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if I am reading this correctly, the bid is up to ONLY 10 Million Gold? That sounds awfully cheap, even on Legends for an exclusive spot like this. Let me remind you that this spot is not like the Malas Secret Locations, where you can find a book and gain access. The only way to gain access is if you give someone a rune to that spot or you gate them there and they mark a rune themselves. You also have the ability to have your own Town Banner, if you place two other houses there. Then there is the added plus, that no one is mentioning, that you can train in Peace without fear of someone interrupting you...!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah I'm inclined to agree. It's a great spot. As I said before, I'm very jealous.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update:

The current bid was up to 30 Million Gold, but that was withdrawn by Desert Fox. There have been other bids PM'd to me, but they are not as high as the bid placed by Desert Fox. Please place all bids in this thread, so that others can know and follow the current high bid. If the bid stays at 10 Million Gold, then I will just keep it myself, at that price it is not worth selling and giving up this exclusive spot.

Desert Fox withdrew his bid because someone PM'd him and offered to sell him the spot for the second highest bid, as they just wanted the Rune! Others have also PM'd me and asked me how much would I sell just a Rune to this location, as they want it for their private collections of "Hard to Reach Places". I personally will not be selling a Rune to this location. :talktothehand: If the winning bidder wishes to sell a Rune, that is up to them! Please do not ask me to sell a rune to you. If you want the rune for your Collection, then bid on the property. You do not have to take the house located there, we can just collapse it and you will have purchased a rune to inside the Volcano!

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a number between 20-30 mill in mind so i think your in the ballpark there. Id like the lil mining hole there if it was in fel.. :0 very private as well. Hope you get it

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly, I'd value the spot as upwards of 130mill even on legends. That spot is better than a castle.

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am sorry, but I too withdraw my Bids.

You got the Fel version of it I may consider bidding...

but for now i will pass, Congrats to the winning bidder.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this thread is somewhat of a travesty. Multiple players attempting to scam the OP for a rune to the house by making and retracting offers that would border on the insultingly low to begin with.

I promise not everyone is this rude tony. It's a great spot worthy of a proper offer from a reliable buyer.

K

KoolAidAddict

I wasnt being a Sh*t in my post, well certainly wasnt trying to be anyway. If it was taken that way, I apologize.
Was merely saying, on almost ALL shards, the abyss dungeon plots would and are top plots.
That being said, I will reiterate its a nice place, for sure, but kinda confusing advertising it as a lonesome spot with possibly two more spots to sell.
Defeats the intent, IMO.
No one said winner HAS to sell, just that....well I already said it.
Dont think your gonna get anywhere near 130 mil on legends, not to say it might not be worth that, just that you hafta holdout for a buyer willing to pay.

If 10 mil is top offer and your just gonna keep it, well not sure Id blame ya, but then again if you didnt want it anyway, since your advertising to sell, Id wonder why not take the offer and move on. Once Mag plots sort themselves out to public placing, and I get a decent offer on me castle, I may, if its still on the market, become a serious bidder.
Peace.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bidding for this plot will not close until 12am EST or 9pm PST. This will give everyone a chance to review the property and the current bid. If there are bids in the last 15 minutes before closing then I will extend the bidding by an additional 30 minutes each time a bid is placed to give the other party a chance to place a counter bid. Bidding will then close when there are no more bids placed in a 30 minute period. Times will be noted based on the post's timestamp.

Based on people's comments on the above posts, I will keep this open until 12am EST or 9pm PST. The minimum bid is 50 Million Gold. If the property does not get at least a 50 million gold bid, then I will withdraw the sale and re-post it at a later date in the near future.

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Minimum Bid was placed on this Property. This location will go back up for bids in the NEAR Future...!

Location NOT Sold...

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Omnius,

Please Watch what you Say!

I had no intentions of Scamming anyone, I have never scammed anyone on this game or any other game.

I am also not one of those players that has Billions of Gold in my Bank, a Bid of 30mil Gold would wipe out all that I have... Ok most of what i have.... it would have left me with 5million...
As for my low bid price, well I sold my Fel Magencia plots for 5mil, so I thought 10mil on this dead shard was a good bid... sorry I cannot meet up with your standards.

As for wanting to buy a copy of the rune? Well I figured if the bidding is going to get out of my price range then maybe i could just get a copy of the rune. For my book of hard to reach places... and who knows maybe someday the buyer would quit and it would be open again...
Funtony did not start the bidding with a minimum bid, not my fault... I started bid at 10mil, which is twice what i got for my Fel Magencia plot, I offered Funtony 20mil, and I also bid 30mil, and during that time no minimum bid was mentioned, now he wants 50mil, i watched a Trammel Castle sell for 50mil (in the swamp)... I also watched the same plot sell on bigger shards for alot more gold... but with about the same number of people interested... which tells me that on a shard with hard to get decent housing that plot is potentially worth alot to a few people... but on Legends good housing is easy to get.
I withdrew my bids because of the way things were being handled. if you start an auction with no minimum bid and someone bids and you tell them sorry you didnt bid enough, and make them outbid themselves blindly thats a lil wrong, not to mention I decided that it wasnt worth Condemming my Castle and paying 30million gold to get the property.
I personally dont like that there is room for 2 more small houses in the spot, cus I cant afford to open 2 house holding accounts to protect my investment...
So to me 30Mil+Castle>Volcano plot+$24 per month(2extra accounts)

As for it being private... Well Funtony has a Copy of the Rune, and every person he sells a plot to on other shards has a copy of the rune, and every one of there friends that they take to their house to show it off to will have a copy... and that plot was is taken on some of the other shards as well... The Rune might be limited, and hard to find... but if 1 person has it others will too, and the Rune can be transfered to other shards... otherwise Funtony wouldnt be selling the plot on 3 shards and have a house placed on it on his main shard.

I would appreciate it if you you didnt run around accusing people of trying to scam others.
Omnius you did a nice job talking up the plot for Funtony, and preaching about how valuable it is, and to think you didnt even bother to bid when the price was so low, when you claim that its worth over 100mil.... you should buy it and resell it yourself... or is it more fun to be Funtony's Cheerleader....
Date your Stratics account was created: May 2008
Date Funtony's account was Created: May 2008

Happy Bidding Everyone. its a nice plot.
I wish Legends shard was busy again, and Nice things like this plot were available for sale!!!

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of All Caveat Emptor, you are making virtually no sense. In your mind, you may be making sense, but in the post above you are contradicting yourself. If you just wanted a rune to it for your "Hard to Reach Places" Collection then you could have continued to bid. Of course, the house could have been dropped and you would then have a rune to that location. If at any time that you get another account you could place a house there. You bid 10 million and then another person bid 10 million more to make it 20 million. You scared the other bidder away by trying to make a deal with him and you made him nervous and he then withdrew his 20 million bid. Out of guilt, you bid 30 million to up the withdrawn bid by an additional 10 million. Then you withdrew your bid. No one forced you to bid on the property and no one forced you to increase your own bid. You did that yourself!

You didn't set out intending to scam anyone, but your practice of trying to make a deal for the rune was un-professional. The bidder wanted the location to himswelf and you gave him the idea that there may be runes sold to that location after he bought it.

Also, what are you insinuating by comparing Ominus' start date and mine as being the same? Do you really have to stoop to accusations now? Are you really trying to make people believe we are the same person? I think you have said enough! I am not going to comment any further. You put your foot in your mouth, now chew on it!

I put a 50 Million minimum bid on there because I wanted people now to bid on it that were serious bidders only. Not ones to put in a bid and then withdraw it because they suddenly decided to mess with the bidding. It does not matter that this is on Legends or another shard. It is all about your play style and the loccation is what you are buying, not what shard it is loccared on. In other words, it is worth whatever someone feels the value to them is and not what others have deemed its worth. this is not like buying a real house and you ask a real estate agent for Comps. There are no comps!

Lastly, you jump all over someone because they make a post to point out what you are blatantly just not getting. Someone was merely stating what other locations were valued at and even on what you call a dead shard "Legends" it is still a helluva good deal. Calling him my Cheer Leader is an insult to everyone that posts on Stratics. People are allowed to have their own opinions, or perhaps they don't when they point out your selfishness. You went about this all wrong! If you wanted just a Rune to the location, then you should have stuck to your guns and continued to bid and not tried to make another deal behind the seller's back. You may not call that scamming, but I call it poor taste and pathetic. Make your deal after the sale. Don't screw the sale up for someone in the future. You certainly wouldn't like someone to come along after you posted an item for sale at x dollars and have someone post right after your post telling everyone, "Hey, I can sell it for y dollars, a lot cheaper then x, buy it from me!"

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really cool house spot, a little envious.

This whole thread is hillarious! Caveat Emptor, you dont need to worry about defending yourself all it takes is common sense to figure out that there is an awful lot of cheerleading going on in this thread. It was pretty funny how anytime anything that was said didn't benefit the OP it was met with "cheerleading", distraction, and rebuttals.

So a big salute to common sense. *Salute*
A, "Stay funny Legends", and have fun you Legends players.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would appreciate it if you you didnt run around accusing people of trying to scam others.
Omnius you did a nice job talking up the plot for Funtony, and preaching about how valuable it is, and to think you didnt even bother to bid when the price was so low, when you claim that its worth over 100mil.... you should buy it and resell it yourself... or is it more fun to be Funtony's Cheerleader....
Date your Stratics account was created: May 2008
Date Funtony's account was Created: May 2008
I know this is hard for some folks to understand... But in 2008, Stratics had a great crash and tons of user data was lost. Much of it took forever to get back. Many of us just made a new name during the mean time. You'll notice an enormous number of stratics posters have spring and summer of '08 registrations as a result of that.

Nice try. And your name is fitting. Just fyi, my positive demeanor towards funtony is the fact that he's considered one of the most reputable idocers and rares sellers on any shard anywhere. Congrats on trying to slander a guy that many of us have bought and sold to for years.

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Final Comments on the Thread.

I bid 10mil, and I waited... no one else bid, So I sent Funtony a private message offering to Double my offer to 20mil, if he wanted to close it early. Funtony said no, and that he had other interested buyers, and Funtony told the other person to place his bid... They placed their bid at 20mil. I contacted that bidder and offered to buy a rune to the location for 5million if they won, or if they lost I would sell them the property for basically 5million less then I paid. That Person then changed there mind and withdrew their bid, then Funtony posted that he would not sell for less then 30mil, so I increased my bid. from 10million to 30million which was at the time 10million more then anyone else bid... Then I withdrew my bid as well because I decided that it wasnt worth comdemming my castle for the spot, and spending most of my remaining gold for the spot... No Part of what I did was considered Scamming, and as for bad business ethics? offering to buy a rune from him or sell him the property if I won, shouldnt have hurt the deal, cus he could either say No to my offer, or yes and make some of his money back if he won, or got the property for his original bid if I won. Either way his bid was 20mil, and my bid was 30mil... And Funtony didnt want to Sell for less then 50Million.... So this Auctioned property didnt have a Buyer...
I believe Funtony is a VERY well trusted Buyer/Seller, and Omnius, I am Sure your a Great Guy too... What I didnt like is that Omnius implied that I was trying to Scam someone.
as for pointing out that Funtony and Omnius have the same May 2008 account creation date... yea well maybe I stepped over the line there... and maybe the Cheerleader comments were unneeded as well. For that I apologize.... But I didnt throw the first stone.

Again, I think its an OUTSTANDING Plot and well worth whatever you can get for it... I am sure if this was Atlantic shard that property would be over 250million, heck, probably over 500million.... and if I didnt already have my Castle, I would have found a way to bid the 50million to get it at the new minimum bid price...
I just wish that when the 1st post was made, that the minimum bid price was posted then...
The Privacy of the property is nice! The ability to get a town banner if you place the 2 lil houses is very cool. The ability to Train without interuptions is sweet! The Price isnt Bad if you have the money to Spend... Other people will have the rune to it thou... Just like other people have the rune to Justice Isle... Even with that said, Its still a very cool and very valuable location... Heck, I'd Trade my Castle on Legends and all my Castles Contents(Except for my SoulStones) for the Volcano Plot if the Plot was on the right Shard...

Whom ever buys that property is getting an awesome location.