• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil Twins Teleporting

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and couple of guildies went into Medusa last night and the strangest thing happened. While fighting her she spawned the evil twins which was fine. As we fought off the twins a guildy was teleported out of the Medusa Lair and near a moongate. We had done this peerless many times and this is the first time this has ever happened.

Because we had extra orbs we were able to get back in and finish. But the strangest thing happened. It happened again. This time it was Me. I got a message "your evil twin laughs uncontrollable and sends you away" Boom right to a moongate.

Did they change something we dont know about?

Are the evil twins even suppost to have the teleport ability?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a mixup from the Halloween Events. The Naughty Twin that spawned while trick or treating would teleport you away (with a naughty laugh) to a moongate on the same facet. I would assume this is a side effect of that coding.

S

SororityGirl1913

I had the same issue on Great Lakes a little over a month ago; 3 of our group got teleported away. Sadly, because we did not have extra keys, a single guildmate and I were forced to finish the spawn alone.

I also had a fun encounter that night because my evil twin turned me into maggots 3 times. After my guildmate and I had killed medusa and teleported away, I became permanently transformed as well as invisible - not even I could see myself on the screen. I was only able to show if I polymorphed into a human female.

I contacted a GM when I realized relogging wouldn't fix it and they very kindly re-built my character. And although he didn't buy me dinner before asking me to undress, he promised to turn around once I was visible again (and he did!) :mf_prop: .

After all that was over I mentioned the Medusa/evil twin teleportation issue and the GM suggested that it was probably exactly what Black_Sun suggested: mixed up coding.

Hopefully, once all of the Halloween stuff is over, Medusa will go back to normal. I would suggest staying away until then, or making sure each player has an extra set of eggs in their pack!

Good Luck!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this still an issue even after the Halloween Event has been turned off? Happen to us too and was mighty annoying!